There are 151 users in the forums

Who are our "core players"?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Boldin, Staley, bowman. Maybe Reid, bethea. We'll see about Docket. Unfortunately our qb isn't in that convo I hope he proves people wrong this year but he comes off like a spoiled entitled child who is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Gabbert starts by week 6.
Originally posted by beatintina49:
Boldin, Staley, bowman. Maybe Reid, bethea. We'll see about Docket. Unfortunately our qb isn't in that convo I hope he proves people wrong this year but he comes off like a spoiled entitled child who is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Gabbert starts by week 6.

Bethea is the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team and certainly a core player. Who knows how many years he has left tho, so i wouldnt consider him a core player going into the future.

same with boldin, this is his last year.
They all retired.
Originally posted by boooby:
They all retired.

Still waiting for Staley and Bowman to retire. Would be a fitting end to this offseason if they retire right before the regular season starts.

I'd say they are our only core players at this point. I don't see anyone else on this roster other than Pinion becoming one of the 2-3 best players at their position and being guys you build around. We were blessed with a lot of core players thanks to having high draft picks for a long time and now they're almost all gone and we've been missing with first round picks. The jury is still out on Armstead, but every year there are DE's/DT's drafted with more potential than him (longer arms, more athleticism) so I would be shocked if he ends up being one of the top DE's in the league like Cowboy. We need high draft picks or a lot of luck.
Staley, Bowman, Reid, Bathea, Boldin
Kap, Hyde, Staley, VD, Bowman, Lynch, Reid, Brock
Eric Reid, Jimmy Ward, Armstead, Bow, Brock, Kap, Hyde, torrey Smith

I would say these are the guys that we need to be the core for us to be successful these next few seasons.
bow, Bethea, Reid/ staley, Hyde,miller, Torrey, anquan(that's correct,he has more in the tank)

Comers: dj, brown, bell, kap, Tartt...and most of the ST minus two

oops, forgot my favorite, Hayne.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 3, 2015 at 9:02 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Eric Reid, Jimmy Ward, Armstead, Bow, Brock, Kap, Hyde, torrey Smith

I would say these are the guys that we need to be the core for us to be successful these next few seasons.
I'm not sure about that. Reid is a stud and I really like Tartt, though unproven. Then with our up and coming class of CBs, it feels like Ward was a wasted pick. Obviously, there is always room for All Pro caliber players, but if he just turns out to be average, I'll be bummed.
Kaep , Staley, Davis and Boldin on offense

Bowman, Bethea and Reid on Defense

Its a rebuild. This team is depleted top notch talent wise. Sure their are still good players on the team but outside of Navorro, who is top notch? None
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its a rebuild. This team is depleted top notch talent wise. Sure their are still good players on the team but outside of Navorro, who is top notch? None

We wont know until they play. ODB went into last year an unknown. I would guess the Giants now think of him as a cornerstone of their franchise. True nobody could pan out on the entire roster and we could lose 12 games this year or more, but right now it is equally likely that a nice core of our younger players who are finally getting their chance to take the reigns step up and become house hold names. There is a lot of young guys on this team now, they are unknown variables until we get rolling into the season.
Bowman, Staley, Reid and Hyde.

Nobody else is essential to running the schemes we run and could be replaced.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

We wont know until they play. ODB went into last year an unknown. I would guess the Giants now think of him as a cornerstone of their franchise. True nobody could pan out on the entire roster and we could lose 12 games this year or more, but right now it is equally likely that a nice core of our younger players who are finally getting their chance to take the reigns step up and become house hold names. There is a lot of young guys on this team now, they are unknown variables until we get rolling into the season.
This.
Share 49ersWebzone