There are 170 users in the forums

Do you care about the 49ers players "Character"?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you care about the 49ers players "Character"?

I can't remember a time when so many of the 49ers were involved in this many off the field issues. Personally, I don't like rooting for players who are s**tty human beings. I don't care if they are good at football. How do you guys feel?
Not a dam bit. Smoke weed, run people over, kill off an orphanage. Dont care. Win.

Football is entertainment for me, I want to see my team win games. What the players do off the field doesnt mean a thing to me. I care about seeing victories on Sundays.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Not a dam bit. Smoke weed, run people over, kill off an orphanage. Dont care. Win.

Football is entertainment for me, I want to see my team win games. What the players do off the field doesnt mean a thing to me. I care about seeing victories on Sundays.

Yes but, when it impacts on their playing it becomes an issue. Like if they get suspended by the NFL or arrested.
Originally posted by English:

Yes but, when it impacts on their playing it becomes an issue. Like if they get suspended by the NFL or arrested.

The NFL and Godell are nuts. We all know that. They make rules for the players that very very few people live up to. How many people in this country do drugs? I dont, but I would guess a good deal do, even though its "illegal", how many men have hit their wives? or cheated? Its not right, and I dont condone that type of behavior, but the NFL and fans seem to hold football players to a different standard.

Do I care about AP spanking his kid with a switch (which used to be a normal thing btw) or if Brady took air out of a ball, or if Aldon is crazy? Nope. They are very very good football players. Thats what I care about. I love the game. Who these people are the other 349 days means little to nothing to me.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I want my players to be classy and decent.
at least law abiding and respectful ....it's a shame the team and fans have to pay the price for a top player being released or shelved due to poor behavior and bad decisions
Just don't get arrested ok. Not to hard
I am pretty well on the record about this....I cant and wont root for a team that employs rapists, murderers, child beaters, dog killers or anyone who hurts the defenseless. Smoke all the weed you want, get a DUI etc..that I can totally live with they can be chalked up to making a dumb mistake or in the case of weed a victimless crime. Heck even if you get busted for PED's your not actually hurting anyone. But I have a line in the sand and if we employ anyone who gets convicted of violence against someone who cant protect themselves...I will seriously reconsider my fan hood.

What are you getting your friends for Christmas/Hannaka??
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Just don't get arrested ok. Not to hard

Apparently not for some!

Generally, I expect our players to not be A-holes. Of course, the term A-hole is a general term for a wide range of ways one can be an A-hole, but I expect players to not do things which would prevent them from performing at a high level for the 49ers.
All I care about is on field production. "Just win baby" > than "Winning with Class"
[ Edited by 16to87 on Sep 2, 2015 at 7:44 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
I want my players to be classy and decent.

Jed, is that you?
If we're winning - nobody care. If we're loosing - character is an issue.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
You either win with class or you lose.....like Jim Harbaugh, who was fired because he couldn't win with class.
Share 49ersWebzone