There are 205 users in the forums

We have one offensive touchdown in 12 preseason quarters. Do we care?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

We have one offensive touchdown in 12 preseason quarters. Do we care?

Eh...you care, but you don't panic or throw the players under the bus like people who post here. You want it to look better than it has, but you also have to remind yourself it is a work in progress. Hopefully they clean up some details before the season starts.
Yes, because the one we did score wasn't by Jarryd Hayne.
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
Coach Tomsula knows its important to get off to a good start in the season, the 1st four games are going to be tough, why show your hand in the preseason. I can understand the approach. People and the media will go nuts if we start 1-1 or 0-2
Originally posted by MikeD:
Coach Tomsula knows its important to get off to a good start in the season, the 1st four games are going to be tough, why show your hand in the preseason. I can understand the approach. People and the media will go nuts if we start 1-1 or 0-2

If we start 0-2 I don't think this team with the offseason we have had will be able to get up off the matt. It will be paramount that we find success early and get everyone playing confident instinctive football. With all the new kids and all the drama that has gone down, this is a team that cannot afford to start playing tight.
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
The niners were able to break off some impressive runs this season (even that one by bush was encouraging). If they can continue that, have Hayne punt return full time, and play solid defense, they will be in most games. Yeah I kind of agree about 0-2, also historically teams don't do too well after that either
No I can't agree with that. Going oh and two? And write the season off? There's 14 games left you can't draw any conclusions after eight quarters. However if our offensive production consists of three field goals and 12 first downs and we have twice as many three play drives as 7 play drives now I'm okay with bringing in shanny or homsy
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Sep 1, 2015 at 6:07 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
no.
yes
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Given that the pre-season is nothing more than a series of manufactured conditions to solely aid coaches to evaluate individual performance.... NO!

And for the Kaep detractors, he's the starter. The only evaluation he's getting is a health check while everyone else "oline" is put through the stress test.
See how we have improved the quality of debate here on the webzone?

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Kap is 5/13 38 yards no tds in the three games

pretty sure his longest scamper was more than that

Alex Smith was 16/18 171 and 2 td last week

LOL
Originally posted by Geeked:
Given that the pre-season is nothing more than a series of manufactured conditions to solely aid coaches to evaluate individual performance.... NO!

And for the Kaep detractors, he's the starter. The only evaluation he's getting is a health check while everyone else "oline" is put through the stress test.

We're talking about two games into the season.. That's the hypothetical.
I don't think we should worry. We've picked up right where we were at the end of last season without missing a beat. That's gotta count for something.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Kap is 5/13 38 yards no tds in the three games

pretty sure his longest scamper was more than that

Alex Smith was 16/18 171 and 2 td last week

LOL

Old quarterback old staff old system vs old quarterback new staff new system. We all like some of the new diversity were seeing on offensive playcalling the short passing but im a little disturbed about not being able to put it into the endzone.

No panic though from me at this point. Just disappointment and I want to see how others feel about it too.
Yes. Show us you can pass, catch, and block.
Share 49ersWebzone