LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

What is Management's take on this season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Considering the offseason they've had, they have to be ecstatic with anything over 8 wins

Yup. At this point 8-8 will be a huge success.

I'm sure they went into the off-season thinking they would do better, but after the unexpected losses of Willis, Borland, AD, and Aldon, it certainly threw off the outlook for this season.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 30, 2015 at 10:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Viperboy:
The take a few months ago was. " The Coaching staff had to go , so we could take it up a notch. ALA Steve Kerr
Now we have talking heads ( Bob Fitzgerald ). It's a rebuilding year. Is it Super Bowl or bust or rebuilding ?...I'm a long time fan . What the hell is management's stance ?

This...

guys we can still do stuff. 1 offensive td in 12 preseason quarters? something like that? we can still reach out to shanny sr consultant. or holmsy same title. do it week 2.
Our off season has been our blue screen of death:

Once that happens, you have to reboot.

Expect management to keep expectations low key, without explicitly saying that they aren't going to get too concerned with results. That way an upside season, is a bonus and everyone is happy and we kick on from there. A big loosing season is then managed through to next year as the rebuilding process.
[ Edited by Geckko on Aug 31, 2015 at 3:21 AM ]
Women are now allowed in the men only meetings
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
I don't think anything more needs to be said. It would be unfair to judge anyone based of this season alone, good or bad.

I think we almost pulled off a one year roster turnover until the post draft talent losses at OLB and Tackle. That was sort of the straw that broke the camel. We could still go out and have a good year but the road got so much harder after that. Now we need another year to really get back to the kind of roster depth we have been spoiled with since the start of the Harb era.
Optimistic. Season hasnt even started.
[ Edited by 9erguy on Aug 31, 2015 at 7:10 AM ]
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
Trent is my guy. Tomsula is my guy. Kap is my guy. The OL is my guy. The turf is my guy.

He was asking for a serious reply not a sarcastic remark....
Sound familiar?

I wasn't being sarcastic. If you ask Jed, I'm 100% positive this is the answer he'll give. At what point has he given any statement other than what I said.

Compare that to the response I received, which was insulting and snide.
[ Edited by jedediahyork on Aug 31, 2015 at 7:45 AM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
guys we can still do stuff. 1 offensive td in 12 preseason quarters? something like that? we can still reach out to shanny sr consultant. or holmsy same title. do it week 2.

good luck with that. There's a reason why Jimmy was hired and not Shanny or Holmgren. Jimmy seems like the type, from what I see, that won't but heads with ownership. Shanny and Holmgren would have.
I'm optimistic entering the season, but I am so every season. The OL is a work in progress and will get better with time. The D has pieces in place and will get better also. The big question is the QB, if we see no growth how long will the leash by management be.

After the exodus of 2015, we can now save some cash and build for the future. It feels like they're looking more at future cap space than competing this year. Maybe they're just posturing for a new QB next year... Goff?

Who knows what these guys are thinking? Jed is thinking about unicorns and upgrading the VIP suites, while Trent is looking ahead to next season already.
I'm sure their take is: it hasn't started yet
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I'm optimistic entering the season, but I am so every season. The OL is a work in progress and will get better with time. The D has pieces in place and will get better also. The big question is the QB, if we see no growth how long will the leash by management be.

I think it'll be a long leash. I seriously doubt they feel its a superbowl year anyway. I think they are just hoping they can win some games. The D is good but I don't think they will be able to handle controlling the game like they have in the past. They just don't have those type of players anymore. The offense is supposed to be more of the controller this year but have not yet seen any signs of that.

If ownership seriously wanted to get to the superbowl this season, don't you think they would have hired a more proven coach (like a shanny or holmgren, etc.)? To me its like they hired the mail room lead to run the company even though there's very suitable guys more qualified for the job. I don't hate Jimmy at all, think he's a great coach so we'll see. Had this been any other team, I think they would have gone with a more qualified hire (ie, Denver, Atlanta).
"It can't get worse"
Originally posted by jcashen87:
I gotta think after the mass exodus they think they need another draft and season to develop players already here and add some more talent. I just hope we add some first round talent more along the lines of Eric Reid and Aldon Smith (minus the stupidity)

This and Good Post!
Share 49ersWebzone