LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

GAMEDAY THREAD: SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs San Diego Chargers - 2015 Preseason Game 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Sims84:
Unfortunately and surprisingly, he is not very hard to tackle. He rarely lowers his shoulder like he should. He instead tries to juke despite not being very agile lol his speed helps him create poor angles for the tacklers but they certainly don't fear him once they square up like they should

It's always taken a few guys to bring him down forever.. we are not on the same page... but not disagreeing on the lower the pads issue

Yes I will admit he has shown an ability to stay up on first contact at times. My issue is he does not use his power. No stiff arms, no lowering of the shoulder and running through people. He has good balance but he shouldn't be out there trying to juke guys he has the clear size advantage over. Willis was even getting on him about that during the Ravens Thanksgiving game in 2012. He shys away from contact when he should be punishing those smaller defensive backs.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Jerry hayne is a LOCK

JERRY Hayne? I mean, the guy is doing some good things, but it's a bit soon to be comparing him to the Rice isn't it?
He was compared to Michael Jordan earlier. Only seemed fitting to bring Jerry into the conversation

Fair enough mate, carry on!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Like you said he isn't scary to tackle anymore but he use to be. i remember many times it taking 3-5 guys to get him down but he' end up fumbling then. he lost a lot of muscle but he can catch better now since hes not so stiff

this with 4.38 speed

Yeah those first couple of years he was a freight train
Once those defenders realized he wasn't looking to punish them, they manned back up. He still has the size, strength and speed to strike that fear back in them today but I think at this point, he is who he is. His balance can still give a one on one defender fits so in that aspect, he is hard to tackle but definitely not scary like he should be lol as long as just gets back to his playmaking self, I'll live with the jukes
Originally posted by AmpLee:
lolwut? He ran over a guy today. Violently. And in his first long punt return of the preseason, switched hands and layed a nasty stiff arm. The guy has more tools in the bag than simply juking a guy.

Lol talking about Vernon Davis. The mentioning of the 2012 Thanksgiving game with Ravens in the next sentence should've let you know this isn't about the Hayne Plane...stay with us bud
[ Edited by Sims84 on Sep 3, 2015 at 11:17 PM ]
I don't get why they don't use the starters on offense. Its not like they have been lighting it up. I think it would have been better if the offensive starters got in to build some chemistry.

I see Russell wilson started today so why not Kap.
Good to know Ellington is taking better care of his body. Will have to rewatch the presser but I think Tomsula said he and Ellington butted heads a lot in the spring. Good to see Tomsula holding his players accountable.
Share 49ersWebzone