LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Should we try and trade Kendall Hunter for a OL ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we try and trade Kendall Hunter for a OL ?

We have good depth at running back i say try and trade Kendall Hunter for a OL lineman and drop pears what do you think.
Without a productive oline we will not be successful. No need to visit Kurt Warner during the offseason if by time you take the snap you are running around with happy feet taking 7 yard loses. Which makes us have 2nd and 17. Then you have to pass and you really can't block up front for your players to run deep enough routes which brings a continuos cycle of garbage.

To not have a td with your starting offense for the whole preseason is ridiculous. I mean every time kap goes back to throw I cringe like the old days with Alex smith. Sigh...
  • kray28
  • Veteran
It's a buyer's market. Just release him so he can go somewhere that's he's needed.

There will probably still be some serviceable OL talent that will be waived around the league. Expect Baalke to completely whiff on it.
Not just no TD our starting offense has what 43 yards passing in 3 games OMG. It just makes me
We can try, but that doesn't mean we can get anything in return.

It takes two to trade. A team needing a RB need only wait for a week to get him for free.
Blown Achilles torn acl. We u gonna get for him another pears? Lol
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Not sure what you think we can actually get for our 3rd or 4th best RB coming off a major knee injury in a contract year.

We're better off signing somebody who gets cut today.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Blown Achilles torn acl. We u gonna get for him another pears? Lol

This, unless we can possible do a package deal.

I just am completely unaware who would have an OLine guy good enough that he'd be traded but not missed by their team.
No one's gonna trade anyone that's worth anything for a rb that has had 2 major injuries in 2 seasons and didn't even play last year. On top of that its not like hunter was setting the world on fire when he was healthy.
Originally posted by paulk205:
We can try, but that doesn't mean we can get anything in return.

It takes two to trade. A team needing a RB need only wait for a week to get him for free.

Hunter's trade value is basically nil at this point, you wont get anything more back then what the 49ers currently have, some younger unproven guys, some projects...etc...I think they do have some good OL talent, but just a lot of raw guys. The retirement of Davis coming so late really was a massive hit. They may just have to take their lumps this year, try and develop these guys.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 30, 2015 at 9:41 AM ]

No team is trading a quality o line man for 2nd/3rd tier running back with 8njury concerns
How about trading for a competent offensive coaching staff?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
What about trading Jimmy Ward for someone, our backfield looks stacked
Dallas has no starter at RB with DeMarco gone, and they have a bunch of good OL guys, and they can't keep them all. That would be a trade beneficial to both parties.
On what earth is anyone going to trade for Hunter?
Share 49ersWebzone