There are 175 users in the forums

Roster Cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Colin Kaepernick
Any bigger name cuts?

Hunter looks flat and unimpressive. He didn't have much room to work, but Hayne has to have the edge due to his ST value and the emergence of Davis.

Buster Anderson isn't safe either. Dylan was directing his into position before the snap. For a guy that hasn't had many chances, he's not helping himself by not knowing he play book. He's expendable.
  • davel
  • Veteran
Positive of Jermaine Whitehead getting cut

no more confused Aussies when #38 plays defense
  • davel
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Any bigger name cuts?

Hunter looks flat and unimpressive. He didn't have much room to work, but Hayne has to have the edge due to his ST value and the emergence of Davis.

Buster Anderson isn't safe either. Dylan was directing his into position before the snap. For a guy that hasn't had many chances, he's not helping himself by not knowing he play book. He's expendable.

While I doubt he'll get cut this round

Hunter is the biggest name with the biggest risk of getting cut, still may only be a 15% chance he gets cut but still if there is a big name it'll be him
What day are these cuts?
  • davel
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
What day are these cuts?

September 1st

4pm Eastern
Kilgore getting hurt and AD retiring really messed up the line. Pears was supposed to be a back up and then they really only need to worry about a RG.

It's not helping that they keep playing musical chairs.
Originally posted by ninergold:
Kilgore getting hurt and AD retiring really messed up the line. Pears was supposed to be a back up and then they really only need to worry about a RG.

Agreed. with all of the cap room that will be saved on Aldon and the retirees, why didn't Balke go after a serviceable OLine man . Pears looks over ripe. Soft and mushy in pass protection. Broncos seems to have found a nice FA guard!? Hope hBalke is working the phones today.
I think they hang on to Thompson so Gabbert isn't the only QB to play the last game.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I think they hang on to Thompson so Gabbert isn't the only QB to play the last game.

No point, he literally can't do anything right.

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

No point, he literally can't do anything right.

So let him go out in the second half of a meaningless game and do it.
i think if we can find a team that is desperate for a kicker and trade Acosta for something-anything would be better than letting him just leave.

He's damn good and he proved it!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
i think if we can find a team that is desperate for a kicker and trade Acosta for something-anything would be better than letting him just leave.

He's damn good and he proved it!

Pittsburgh is in dire need of a kicker. They've lost both their kickers to injury.
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by ninergold:

Agreed. with all of the cap room that will be saved on Aldon and the retirees, why didn't Balke go after a serviceable OLine man . Pears looks over ripe. Soft and mushy in pass protection. Broncos seems to have found a nice FA guard!? Hope hBalke is working the phones today.
The real problem is AD decided so late to retire that their were not many choices left to get, Baalke got Pear because he could play at least 4 spots on the line. He is much better suited for guard than tackle and that is were he played the most in Buffalo. Coaches should really think about playing our best tackle at tackle instead of LG.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
The real problem is AD decided so late to retire that their were not many choices left to get, Baalke got Pear because he could play at least 4 spots on the line. He is much better suited for guard than tackle and that is were he played the most in Buffalo. Coaches should really think about playing our best tackle at tackle instead of LG.

I know. Its so obvious who needs to be at rt.
Share 49ersWebzone