There are 136 users in the forums

Marcus Rush

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by MikeD:
It was just one game though. Was he good in college?

7.5 sacks last season and 10 tackles for a loss he was pretty good in college.

Yep, pretty productive player on a very good defense. Stock was low because of his advanced age (already 24) and height/weight (6'2", 247).

24...advanced age? LMAO!

I wonder then what makes Jarryd Hayne since he is a 27 yr old rookie???

Obviously an exceptional case. Certainly not going to pull a sus and complain about it, but would've loved to get Hayne over here when he was younger.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Aug 28, 2015 at 3:09 PM ]

Yep, pretty productive player on a very good defense. Stock was low because of his advanced age (already 24) and height/weight (6'2", 247).

24...advanced age? LMAO!

Obviously an exceptional case. Certainly not going to pull a sus and complain about it, but would've loved to get Hayne over here when he was younger.

Hayne was too busy being MVP in rugby when he was younger.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

24...advanced age? LMAO!

Hayne was too busy being MVP in rugby when he was younger.

Yep, and that's why he's an exceptional case.
Marcus "simply Disruptive" Rush to you!

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/8/27/9215663/marcus-rush-49ers-cowboys-preseason-recap-stats-video
He will be our new Dan Skuta
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

That would be excellent!

Based on how we got him.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

That would be excellent!

Based on how we got him.

And that is ALL we need of him right now!
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
Marcus "simply Disruptive" Rush to you!

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/8/27/9215663/marcus-rush-49ers-cowboys-preseason-recap-stats-video

Nice, this covered much of what I assessed here. Like the author said, I too will be watching him extra closely this game again!

Originally posted by NCommand:
I went back and reviewed every one of his snaps against Dallas. He played the entire second half.

Flashed good quickness and athleticism and ability to stay balanced even when punched. Hussle sack. Drops back in coverage alot. Played both sides. Slippery when tackling. Aggressive. Throwing a tackle on the ground. Violent slap-down and swim move. Almost had 2 sacks. He flashes. Nice outside-inside move and turns hips well while maintaining his balance. Great motor. Relentless.

Like Eli, just needs to add weight in run support and can get washed out. He also can be blocked out on a rush if he doesn't win the first move.

Right now I see him as ideal for the Skuta-role more than the SAM backup (even though Mangini moves his OLB's around a lot).
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 29, 2015 at 9:29 AM ]
He should get plenty of snaps the next 2 games. I am sure coaches will want to evaluate him, he could factor in if Brooks is indeed cut or is about to face some sort of disciplinary action. Its to much of a risk to take if we decide to move The Lemonade man around at bout backer spots. Dude is a liability any where he is lined up. Hope we can cut someone like Dahl so we can keep a guy like Rush instead.
he was playing against guys that won't be in the nfl, but he showed hustle and the ability to rush the passer. he does seem a little light but maybe he's a dark horse if he shows on ST.

Originally posted by ninergold:
he was playing against guys that won't be in the nfl, but he showed hustle and the ability to rush the passer. he does seem a little light but maybe he's a dark horse if he shows on ST.

Collins will be a starting T. But to your point, yeah, he started and played the whole 2nd half. This game, we could see him bumped up more to see how he fares against stiffer competition in the first half.
Prepare to be Rushified!!
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
A poor man's Dan Skuta

That would be great if he could assume the Skuta role.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
A poor man's Dan Skuta

That would be great if he could assume the Skuta role.

Exactly what I was thinking.

He certainly has his hustle and drive. Let's hope he builds off his performance last week.
This guy reminds me of Clay Matthews, his college stats wasn't eye poppin as well but look what he's done since entering the NFL. I hope if he's given the chance he'll somewhat be like Clay
Share 49ersWebzone