LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Marcus Rush

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
How many olb do we keep? He has a real shot.

4 probably. His chances are pretty much entirely dependent on Brooks' fate.

I was debating 4 or 5. I think Baalke is waiting to see what the evidence is against Brooks. I think if he believes he has any involvement in it he's gone.
Did we draft him or was he a UDFA? I can't remember...but I do remember someone famous from Michigan state talking about this guy that he had a huge motor and was a tough as nails player that will earn his spot if given the chance...want to say Magic Johnson bit i really don't think that's right
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Did we draft him or was he a UDFA? I can't remember...but I do remember someone famous from Michigan state talking about this guy that he had a huge motor and was a tough as nails player that will earn his spot if given the chance...want to say Magic Johnson bit i really don't think that's right

Undrafted
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by MikeD:
It was just one game though. Was he good in college?

7.5 sacks last season and 10 tackles for a loss he was pretty good in college.

Yep, pretty productive player on a very good defense. Stock was low because of his advanced age (already 24) and height/weight (6'2", 247).

24...advanced age? LMAO!
Hope to get a good look at him and Lemon these last 2 games. Both would be good option for the PS if not the 53.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Hope to get a good look at him and Lemon these last 2 games. Both would be good option for the PS if not the 53.

When you say Lemon, dangnabit, I keep thinking...

Can we call him lemon-head?

Originally posted by fropwns:

I say lemon yay. Maybe if he ever does anything it Will make since. I think that's how they pronounced it when he was drafted

I say lemon yay. Maybe if he ever does anything it Will make since. I think that's how they pronounced it when he was drafted

I think he was talking about Shawn lemon not Corey Lemonier
from the 2 preseason games, this guy is always around the ball making plays.. i never understood players that are kept just for special teams use, like ventrone or osgood.. i think we could have players for special teams that could play double role... i hope rush makes the roster over some linebacker who simply plays special teams only....
Originally posted by kazak13:
from the 2 preseason games, this guy is always around the ball making plays.. i never understood players that are kept just for special teams use, like ventrone or osgood.. i think we could have players for special teams that could play double role... i hope rush makes the roster over some linebacker who simply plays special teams only....

Ex-Michigan State Standout Rush Making an Impression
By Doug Williams

For the time being, second-year player Aaron Lynch will start on the left side, with Corey Lemonier staring opposite him. Rookie Eli Harold, a third-rounder from Virginia, is also in the mix.

But there's also a young, unheralded and undrafted rookie making his presence felt: Marcus Rush.

On Thursday, 49ers head coach Jim Tomsula told reporters that "Rush has been coming on."

The 6-foot-3, 251-pound former Michigan State standout started a school-record 53 games at defensive end. He was considered undersized coming out of Michigan State and projected as a late-round pick or free agent, with potential as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, such as the 49ers'. His draft profile on NFL.com noted that Rush "improved with each year at (his) position."

But while Rush flew under the radar heading into training camp, he's been opening eyes on the coaching staff with solid, smart play.

On just the second day of camp, he showed his quickness in one-on-one drills with offensive tackle Trent Brown, getting around Brown with a nice spin move.

In two exhibition games he's been in on five tackles and has a sack, and he's coming off a performance in the second exhibition game, against Dallas, in which he looked very good and very active. SB Nation's James Brady called him "pretty darn disruptive" vs. Dallas. In his first game, vs. Houston, he also was active, making three stops.

This week, Matt Barrows, who covers the 49ers for the Sacramento Bee, wrote that Rush "might get the hustle award" for this year's training camp and has worked his way into at least being a candidate for the roster with Brooks' status now in doubt.

"He's definitely undersized for the position and looks more like an inside linebacker," wrote Barrows. "But Rush never stops attacking and has made a handful of notable plays this offseason, including a sack (against Dallas)."

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Ex-Michigan-State-Standout-Rush-Making-an-Impression-323219831.html

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2420336-2015-nfl-draft-why-msus-marcus-rush-is-the-best-player-no-one-is-talking-about

I say take the high road. Cut brooks, save the 4.6 million and keep Marcus Rush.

Starters Eli Harold, Aaron Lynch
back up Lemonoir and Marcus Rush
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:

Yep, pretty productive player on a very good defense. Stock was low because of his advanced age (already 24) and height/weight (6'2", 247).

24...advanced age? LMAO!

24 is old for an NFL rookie. Corey Lemonier is entering his 3rd year and he's only 23. Aldon Smith is 25.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Aug 28, 2015 at 10:22 AM ]

That's how it's pronounced. He was trying to call himself Lemon-wah for a while, but admitted it's really Lemon-yay.

And when he was at Auburn, everyone pronounced it Lemon-ear.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Aug 28, 2015 at 10:25 AM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

There's no party like a Lemon Party.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:

24...advanced age? LMAO!

I wonder then what makes Jarryd Hayne since he is a 27 yr old rookie???

Share 49ersWebzone