There are 209 users in the forums

2015 Preseason Game 2: Thoughts on the second preseason game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My biggest take on the Dallas game and I think one of the commentators stated it as well. This team cannot be "slept on" because they still have a lot of talent. In addition I feel we have a lot of good, young talent. I also agreed with the statement that what will define this season for the 49ers is the likelihood that they will have a lot of close games that will come down to making one or two plays. Gonna need the Pepto this season for something other that crappy play calling me thinks. I for one am looking forward to this fresh start with Jimmy T. I like the man and he's a hell of a coach. Seems genuine without the gimmicky crap of the last guy. I got to the point last year that whenever I heard "Who's got it better than us?", I wanted to puke. In reflection, someone always had it better. The Giants, the Ravens, the Hacks, it was always somebody. Glad we have moved on.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by crake49:
That play is what has always made me think Patton was going to be good.

Agee. No reason why Patton and Ellington can't be quality 3rd receivers.

I think they could be a 2 (Patton) and 3 (Ellington). Really looking forward to seeing Smelter. Got the feeling he could be DGB with a brain.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
what's the difference between this thread and the Good, Bad and Ugly thread?

This one is better, Marvin created it

Agreed, not even close!

Marvin watches the game again, draws his analysis and then posts. He doesn't post based on emotions at first watch, that's why it's better!
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:

Agreed, not even close!

Marvin watches the game again, draws his analysis and then posts. He doesn't post based on emotions at first watch, that's why it's better!

Also Marvin is an institution. These threads are a carryover from the regular season post game threads which are pretty much his baby.
Yeah, we gotta get Marvin to put up an early placeholder so we can all post again in the same thread like all of last year(s).
Once again, Marvin, thank you for your insight and comments.

Badger, well done. I agree with your sentiments... Strange as it seems, some folks are still wedded to the harbaw as HC idea, when it has been apparent for over a season and a half that the guy was an empty pair of khakis and sweatshirt. His line of b.s. was galling, and his inferior coaching was dispiriting. Oh if we could only have fired him a yr earlier. It hasn't taken long to see the improvement by virtue of promoting Coach Tomsula as HC, along with his band of excellent assistants.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Once again, Marvin, thank you for your insight and comments.

Badger, well done. I agree with your sentiments... Strange as it seems, some folks are still wedded to the harbaw as HC idea, when it has been apparent for over a season and a half that the guy was an empty pair of khakis and sweatshirt. His line of b.s. was galling, and his inferior coaching was dispiriting. Oh if we could only have fired him a yr earlier. It hasn't taken long to see the improvement by virtue of promoting Coach Tomsula as HC, along with his band of excellent assistants.

That was a point I repeated over and over regarding last season and Harbaugh getting let go. I think the front office was dismayed with the offense in 2013, and essentially had given Harbaugh 2014 to turn the offense around. That didn't happen so out he went. Remember, the offense wasn't hammered with injuries so it should have improved. And I'm not talking improved like Gore rushing for 2,000 yards and Kap passing for another 4,500. I'm talking simple improvements like minimizing time outs, second half adjustments, play calls in on time, etc.

I'm truly hoping that Tomsula and co. can continue what they've shown so far into the regular season. It's exciting to see this offense right now at least seeming comfortable, getting plays off with time to spare, and moving the ball at a pretty good clip. Granted we've only see a handful of plays from the starters, but it has been promising. I'm thinking little steps at first, and the rest will come. Harbaugh wanted to run before he could crawl. Tomsula seems to want to get the gritty details correct first, and then worry about the elaborate and complex.

The GBU is an immediate reaction, down and dirty thread. Marvin's is a considered thread that can take a day or two to appear. Room for both of them.
Originally posted by English:

The GBU is an immediate reaction, down and dirty thread. Marvin's is a considered thread that can take a day or two to appear. Room for both of them.

Good points!

I AGREE!

And I'm the guy who posts, "The Good, Bad, Ugly" thread.

My reason is to get conversations going when emotions are high.

I'm NOWHERE in Marvin's league nor am I trying to steal his thunder.

Apologies if anyone was offended,

I'll keep posting them and it's up to you to ignore them or not.

GO NINERS!
Share 49ersWebzone