LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Preseason 2 - The Good, the Bad, The Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Games not over yet and I have to catch a flight,

The GOOD - Hayne - Man this guy is really good not a fluke
- Bowman - He's Baaaack and it was a pleasure to see him make an immediate impact
- Skov played a very solid game and BETTER than last week. Still room for improvement but he's making progress.
- Purcell also played a very solid game
- Hyde looked very good
- Tartt, McCray, Acker, Johnson all played well
- Vance did wellbut IMO he needs more playing time

The BAD - Red Zone - I'm sure we'll get a lot better - just disappointing. We were close but "Close" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
- Patton - one play doesn't disqualify him but he's really not impressing me

The UGLY - I don't know if Tank was injured but if so - that's damn ugly

I know you all have some great input so have fun!

Thoughts??
1st team O not finding the endzone. Purcell shouldn't have a TD before starting O does.
Hayne Plane flying high.

Dumb penalties again.

Giving up the shut-out.
Our offense still scares me. I can see them having the same Redzone and finding the Endzone issues that we have seen before.

Hopefully next week they can prove they can get the ball into the endzone.
Offense starting to scare me. Maybe once bush is in their opens it up some. Red zone we just collapse. Smith needs to make that catch. We look like we made progress from last week so that's good.
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Offense starting to scare me. Maybe once bush is in their opens it up some. Red zone we just collapse. Smith needs to make that catch. We look like we made progress from last week so that's good.

Vernon Davis dudes. Cmon!
Good; The new turf installed by a different company using a proven variety held up well. Maybe a change is in order.
Didnt Vance get hurt?
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:

I'm not quite there yet. Kap had two series and the first looked very good. I'd rather wait until the next preseason game provided Kap gets about a half worth of work before we really start criticizing the offense.

By using this logic, Dallas should be terrified of their own offense because it largely did nothing in the first half. And I don't think any of us will doubt Dallas' ability to put up points this year.
  • Stud
The Good:

No significant injuries through 2 preseason games. That's important.

Originally posted by awp8912:
Didnt Vance get hurt?
Ankle
Bowman.....stud.
any word on Tank?
What happened to tank?
Torrey should have caught that ball...
Share 49ersWebzone