LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Boldin or Smith?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Boldin or Smith?

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
All you have to do is replay the SB, both killed us. If the OL holds up this could be a very interesting offense.

Boldin 6 rec 104 yards 1 TD

Smith 2 rec 35 yards 0 TD
Originally posted by thl408:
If we are talking "better" as in more production stats, then AB. Smith will open it up for Boldin to reap the benefits.

very true. That's what torrey did for the ravens. Opened it up for everyone else and got those homerun hits. would love to see torrey hit those slants though
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Boldin easily
This is an easy answer...Boldin.

There is no reason to believe that Kaep can consistently hit the long ball to T. Smith when he has never done it before. As we saw from the pre-season game 1, timing needs work.

In light of the most recent news (Simpson 6 game suspension), I just hope both of these guys are available all season and dont:
a. retire
b. get hurt
c. get arrested, leading to suspension.

The fall from a personnel perspective in the past 6 months or so has been insane. I see the Cards have a female position coach, I am not ruling out that the 49ers sign a female player due to lack of bodies to field at team.
Interestingly, most fantasy websites I checked out have Smith about 20 points more than Boldin.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:

There is no reason to believe that Kaep can consistently hit the long ball to T. Smith when he has never done it before. As we saw from the pre-season game 1, timing needs work.

In light of the most recent news (Simpson 6 game suspension), I just hope both of these guys are available all season and dont:
a. retire
b. get hurt

The fall from a personnel perspective in the past 6 months or so has been insane. I see the Cards have a female position coach, I am not ruling out that the 49ers sign a female player due to lack of bodies to field at team.

????
Team is still a lot deeper in almost every positions than a lot of other teams. I don't know if you noticed but there were a truckload of draft picks made the last few years. Pretty sure the Cards or Bills would love to have our depth at RB. Not to mention other teams drooling over who's going to get cut on the Dline due to depth.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:

a. retire
b. get hurt

????
Team is still a lot deeper in almost every positions than a lot of other teams. I don't know if you noticed but there were a truckload of draft picks made the last few years. Pretty sure the Cards or Bills would love to have our depth at RB. Not to mention other teams drooling over who's going to get cut on the Dline due to depth.

Does multiple draft picks equal quality depth automatically? I think not. You named RB and D-Line as positions of depth, which i agree with. I can say the opposite for: QB, WR, O-line and LB. (back ups are sub-par). A lot of depth/players we have are young and not proven.

Can u imagine Kaep going down and having Gabbert as our QB? We would be a lock for the 1st pick.
I think it will be pretty close in terms of yardage with Smith getting a few more yards due to the deep ball while Anquan might get more catches.
Share 49ersWebzone