LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Boldin or Smith?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Boldin or Smith?

Who do you believe will have the better season?
Q
Boldin

Kaps go to guy.
  • thl408
If we are talking "better" as in more production stats, then AB. Smith will open it up for Boldin to reap the benefits.
Interesting, when we first signed Torrey I got torched on here for claiming that Boldin would still be our #1 guy
  • thl408
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Interesting, when we first signed Torrey I got torched on here for claiming that Boldin would still be our #1 guy

There's only been 3 replies. Just wait. Maybe someone will still torch you.
Originally posted by thl408:

Lol, I shall wait. I'm pulling for Torrey, just drafted him in fantasy today

I don't think TS was brought in to be the #1. He was brought in to finally give us a X receiver with some speed and can catch. Just guessing some numbers id say 85 rec 1000 for AB and like 50-55 for 800 for TS.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 18, 2015 at 11:03 PM ]
I got Boldin down for another 80+ catches. Torrey around 60 catches at 18 yards per clip.
Originally posted by Niners816:

I don't think TS was brought in to be the #1. He was brought in to finally give us a X receiver with some speed and can catch. Just guessing some numbers id say 85 rec 1000 for AB and like 50-55 for 800 for TS.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I got Boldin down for another 80+ catches. Torrey around 60 catches at 18 yards per clip.

Sounds about right

• thl408
Something to note on the play where Kap threw the ball away before stepping out of bounds (3WR set). Torrey and Boldin lined up on the same side of the field (Boldin in slot). When watching Torrey as a Raven, I don't think I saw Torrey lined up on the same side as Steve Smith even once. They were always on opposite sides of the field. So if Torrey and Boldin will be running route combos together, then Smith will have a direct influence on Boldin. As opposed to a more passive influence if the two are lined up on opposite sides. Just one play in the preseason so it might be reading too much into it.
Something to note on the play where Kap threw the ball away before stepping out of bounds (3WR set). Torrey and Boldin lined up on the same side of the field (Boldin in slot). When watching Torrey as a Raven, I don't think I saw Torrey lined up on the same side as Steve Smith even once. They were always on opposite sides of the field. So if Torrey and Boldin will be running route combos together, then Smith will have a direct influence on Boldin. As opposed to a more passive influence if the two are lined up on opposite sides. Just one play in the preseason so it might be reading too much into it.

So TS was the Fly and Q was the slant, that's kinda nice. I wonder if we will ever see the reverse where TS is slot and Q is split wide. Would kinda like to see a smash where TS is the corner route. Maybe even from a compressed set.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 18, 2015 at 11:31 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Niners816:

So TS was the Fly and Q was the slant, that's kinda nice. I wonder if we will ever see the reverse where TS is slot and Q is split wide. Would kinda like to see a smash where TS is the corner route. Maybe even from a compressed set.

Going to be very interesting how they are used in 3 WR sets. Whether it's together with the 3rd WR off to his own side, or using Torrey as the WR "on an island". I know that Torrey was rarely, if ever, used as a slot WR in BAL (can only speak for 2014). Not saying he can't be one, just that he wasn't one.
I'd be surprised if they didn't have similar yardage. 1000-1100 each.

Good observation
Share 49ersWebzone