#TOP5GM

Let's see after this year.

This. It's his team now.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by dald1:
Ballke is such a joke signing a guy to be our 3 reciever when he knew he'd be gone have the season.mm all because he is too scared to draft a wr because he has proved to be incompentent... he needs the boot and is an embarrassment

This was a low risk high reward signing...kid has talent just can't stop smoking the weed. Don't think he's a joke for bringing him in, white Patton Ellington are very good backups to boldin and smith..don't think there was much of any guaranteed cash, what do we lose by brining him in?

what makes those guys good backups?

What doesn't? They are all young and have shown good stuff in college...how about we give them a chance? Everyone cries about our young WRs but they haven't even had a chance on the field yet.

every wr in the league has shown good things in college, doesnt make them all good lol. patton 6 catches in 2 years and ellington 6 catches for 60 yards. sure lets give them a chance but they arent good backups ATM

LOL those stats dont mean crap, neither of those guys got any playing time. When ellington played he was fantastic. Cmon man.
Why are peeps so annoyed about a plyer that was a fringe roster player anyway and whom the team already knew faced a suspension when the signed him. Just because this is new information TO YOU doesn't mean that it was new information to the team.

Unreal.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
He did look classy in the loss

He looked classy jogging up the field on Hayne's long run.

Yeah, looks like he needs a little more of that substance to help maintain that speed.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Homer:
It's not like Jed and Baalke told Willis, Davis, or cowboy to retire. They didn't tell Aldon to crash into his neighbors car.

The overreaction here is crazy. We have some young WR's we need to evaluate anyways. QP, White, and whoever else makes the roster have a shot now. It's not the end of the world, fellas. Relax.
That still doesn't mean they set us up for success this season lol
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
You know I have never drank a glass of Kool-aid (which I like very much) and had it change my out look or opinion or even remotely make me see everything as all rosey. Maybe i am using to much sugar or not enough sugar.

""Drinking the Kool-Aid" is a figure of speech commonly used in North America that refers to a person or group holding an unquestioned belief, argument, or philosophy without critical examination. It could also refer to knowingly going along with a doomed or dangerous idea because of peer pressure. The phrase oftentimes carries a negative connotation when applied to an individual or group. It can also be used ironically or humorously to refer to accepting an idea or changing a preference due to popularity, peer pressure, or persuasion. The phrase derives from the November 1978 Jonestown deaths, in which over 900 members of the Peoples Temple, who were followers of Jim Jones, committed suicide by drinking a mixture of a powdered soft drink flavoring agent laced with cyanide."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
First of all that was a joke second of all u look at the off season we have had and see if you think balke or York set us up to make a run in the playoffs again...stick ur head out and smell the roses

Exactly...stop drinking the Kool Aid.

So for years people have been complaining about our team being old and none of the younger players getting snaps...now they can! The biggest loss was aldon smith by far and he hasn't played a full season in two season and we still had a top five D.

I understand what has happened and I'm not saying we win the SB, but we have a TON of young talent that have been learning/training behind our old vets...time to see what they can finally do.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
BTW you guys see Jalen Strong catch a td against us yeah that Jalen strong that we could have drafted, but no he'd rather sign a dude who he knew was gonna get suspended for 6 games.

Strong came off the board before we picked in the 3rd round...and had we moved up to select him then we don't land Harold who now has a chance to see a little meaningful playing time.

Simpson is being paid peanuts, has no guaranteed money on his deal and was never guaranteed a roster spot. He is a vet who could push the young guys for a roster spot. We opted to improve the WR position before we went into the draft so we would not be pigeonholed into drafting for needs and could instead take the BPA on our draft board (not what you or some analyst considers BPA as those guys and yourself are not accounting for scheme fits).

You are overreacting for the sake of taking a shot at Baalke.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Why are peeps so annoyed about a plyer that was a fringe roster player anyway and whom the team already knew faced a suspension when the signed him. Just because this is new information TO YOU doesn't mean that it was new information to the team.

Unreal.

uh im pretty sure people were voicing concerns when we signed him
Originally posted by Homer:
It's not like Jed and Baalke told Willis, Davis, or cowboy to retire. They didn't tell Aldon to crash into his neighbors car.

The overreaction here is crazy. We have some young WR's we need to evaluate anyways. QP, White, and whoever else makes the roster have a shot now. It's not the end of the world, fellas. Relax.
That still doesn't mean they set us up for success this season lol

Yee all knowing arm chair gm? Considering the losses what would you have done. Not changing any the players we lost to suspension, retirement, and the one we cut for being dumber then a bag of rocks.

Originally posted by Antix:
Shoulda signed with another team. Woulda been 4 reduced down to 2

I was thinking the same, unfortunately.

The NFL(Goodell) is really f**king unreal. This playing favorites b******t is getting out of hand.

Aldon's suspension was complete BS. Goodell says his time on rehab would help reduce the suspension...But oh no, everyone was up in arms about Rice, so f**k Aldon...
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Lol Torrey smith was the top FA WR this off season...what do you mean not taking a chance?

Drafting a wr early... look at the receivers he has drafted and tell me if it looks like he knows what he's doing drafting recievers...
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Ballke is such a joke signing a guy to be our 3 reciever when he knew he'd be gone have the season.mm all because he is too scared to draft a wr because he has proved to be incompentent... he needs the boot and is an embarrassment

This was a low risk high reward signing...kid has talent just can't stop smoking the weed. Don't think he's a joke for bringing him in, white Patton Ellington are very good backups to boldin and smith..don't think there was much of any guaranteed cash, what do we lose by brining him in?

what makes those guys good backups?

What doesn't? They are all young and have shown good stuff in college...how about we give them a chance? Everyone cries about our young WRs but they haven't even had a chance on the field yet.

every wr in the league has shown good things in college, doesnt make them all good lol. patton 6 catches in 2 years and ellington 6 catches for 60 yards. sure lets give them a chance but they arent good backups ATM

LOL those stats dont mean crap, neither of those guys got any playing time. When ellington played he was fantastic. Cmon man.

i'll give ellington a pass because you are right he did show flashes. Patton sadly hasnt shown anything (and i was BIG on Patton out of college).
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
First of all that was a joke second of all u look at the off season we have had and see if you think balke or York set us up to make a run in the playoffs again...stick ur head out and smell the roses

Exactly...stop drinking the Kool Aid.

How about you stop using tired old cliches to belittle anyone who chooses to take an optimistic approach? You guys don't know what's going to happen. Somehow, you seem to have convinced yourselves that you can see the future. And you all like to pretend people who choose to be optimistic are the magical thinkers. I think it's magical thinking to pretend you know what's going to happen when it hasn't happened yet.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Think of it this way, we'll be a better offense after Game 6.

How's that going to help when we are 0-6
Share 49ersWebzone