LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Jerome Simpson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol

such a dumb signing to begin with
Ah so it was originally supposed to be 10 which is same as Hardy but he got reduced to 4. Yeah, that makes sense. 6 games seems excessive still, maybe it's Adolf Goodell's way of giviving Aldon a pre-emptive suspension before his most likely unprecedented lifetime ban which we should hear about any day. I mean seriously, it's completely obvious how God-dell has it out for the Niners. I guess I should be numb to it by now.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Escobar:
lol

such a dumb signing to begin with

Yeah, it was.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Ballke is such a joke signing a guy to be our 3 reciever when he knew he'd be gone have the season.mm all because he is too scared to draft a wr because he has proved to be incompentent... he needs the boot and is an embarrassment
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Ah so it was originally supposed to be 10 which is same as Hardy but he got reduced to 4. Yeah, that makes sense. 6 games seems excessive still, maybe it's Adolf Goodell's way of giviving Aldon a pre-emptive suspension before his most likely unprecedented lifetime ban which we should hear about any day. I mean seriously, it's completely obvious how God-dell has it out for the Niners. I guess I should be numb to it by now.

or how about its Simpson's multiple infractions that is why its so big. All he has to do is put down the reefer and he can't even do that. SMFH
Originally posted by dald1:
Ballke is such a joke signing a guy to be our 3 reciever when he knew he'd be gone have the season.mm all because he is too scared to draft a wr because he has proved to be incompentent... he needs the boot and is an embarrassment

I stand by Baalke's FA moves. Draft, not so much, but we can still field an impressive offense, especially with two-TE sets.
From when they signed Simpson in March:

"Like any player we bring in, we do our due diligence," Baalke said on Wednesday. "We really look into the situation. I think you remember a few years back, we brought a player in, Perrish Cox, it worked out well."
"Every situation is different," Baalke said. "We not only spoke with a lot of people that worked with him, we spoke with people that played with him, and we also brought him in here. (He) met with us for a full day before we made that decision, very similar to what we did with Perrish when we brought him in here."
"In everything we do there's risk," Baalke said. "We've talked about this many times. It's a risk-reward business. We're not going to bring in people that we don't feel can live up to what we expect a 49er to live up to, but we're also not going to take everyone who's made a mistake in their past and take them off of our board.

"We're just not going to do that. So we've got to weigh the decisions we make and do everything we can so when we do take a player that has had some transgressions off the field, that we do feel we can move forward with that player and not run into any of those situations."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Trent-Baalke-Explains-Signing-of-Jerome-Simpson/85d577ae-d59b-4388-be88-a1602f695930
He was a repeat offender, that's why is big.
You know it's been a tough off-season when you just don't give a f**k anymore about stuff like this anymore

What time does practice start today?

I can't even English anymore!
[ Edited by NorthBay49er on Aug 18, 2015 at 2:26 PM ]
Not a shock and Baalke knew it was a real possibility. If he doesn't care, I'm not going to care.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Originally posted by dald1:

I stand by Baalke's FA moves. Draft, not so much, but we can still field an impressive offense, especially with two-TE sets.

Offense is gonna be just like last year, just faster 3 and outs.
Originally posted by susweel:
BTW you guys see Jalen Strong catch a td against us yeah that Jalen strong that we could have drafted, but no he'd rather sign a dude who he knew was gonna get suspended for 6 games.

LOL preseason hall of fame brah.
Originally posted by jreff22:
He was a repeat offender, that's why is big.

Right. I forgot about that. That's the explanation for 10 reduced to 6.

All I can say is OH NO! The Niners are left with only 12 other wide-outs in camp. Time to panic.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Not a shock and Baalke knew it was a real possibility. If he doesn't care, I'm not going to care.

Problem is it seems like they don't mind tanking for the season so if they don't mind tanking the season u don't mind? Hahah jk
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by susweel:
BTW you guys see Jalen Strong catch a td against us yeah that Jalen strong that we could have drafted, but no he'd rather sign a dude who he knew was gonna get suspended for 6 games.

LOL preseason hall of fame brah.

I liked that dude.
Share 49ersWebzone