LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

1st Preseason Game - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good - Gabbert, Hayne, Purcell, Goal Line Stand

Bad -

Ugly -

Thoughts??
Don't know much about NFL yet, but seemed like a lot of cheap penalties were given, most at bad times.
  • Stud
The goal line stand was brilliant. 7 times the Texans were stuffed

The good- Tartt had a good game. Jarryd Hayne really impressed me. Gabbert was decent. Blake Bell had a couple nice catches.

The bad- the starting defense was terrible. The entire team couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. I think Texans converted like 11 3rd downs in the game.
How was that the starting defense with Shayne Skov and Lemonier in there?
3rd string O is pretty bad except for Davis.
Originally posted by genus49:
How was that the starting defense with Shayne Skov and Lemonier in there?

Lemon needs to go.
Originally posted by Zealot:
Don't know much about NFL yet, but seemed like a lot of cheap penalties were given, most at bad times.

Sadly, it's something you will need to get used to, LOL.
The bad--Quinton Patton still not making his presence felt on a field full of scrubs.
  • mr_P
Lemonier is garbage

the offensive line looks pretty damn good
[ Edited by mr_P on Aug 15, 2015 at 7:51 PM ]
wrong thread
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Aug 15, 2015 at 7:52 PM ]

• Stud
3rd string QB Thompson was f------n awful!
This is what stood out to me as the bad.

I was not impressed with Moody's coverage, terrible.

Not too impressed with Harold yet, didn't see too much with armstead, jus defensively wasn't too impressed after the starters came out.

But lemon sucks, moody kept getting caught up, not stuffing holes, not covering his man. Thompson not good.

Shareece wright got worked

The Good;

Gabbert, Hayne, TEs, purcell, Mike Davis, offensive line not as bad as I thought. The goal line stand was awesome
  • Stud
I didn't hear anything about injuries tonight so that is good.
Crom and Wright didn't really impress.

AA needs to wrap up...so so game.
Good

1. Jarryd Hayne -- Looked like a natural out there. VERY good athlete. Made plays running, receiving, returning. I like this guy.
2. Blaine Gabbert -- Looked poised and in control of the offense. Good timing with his intended receivers.
3. O-line -- 1st and 2nd string held up in pass pro nicely. I like the Martin, Thomas C/G combo.
4. Tempo -- Zero clock management issues. Had ample time to get the plays off in time, and preserved timeouts.
5. Rookies -- Got a ton of reps out there. Tartt, Harold, and Davis looked good. AA was raw, as expected, but not bad. Pinion looked fine.
6. Goalline defense -- Very stout in run defense. Purcell was shooting the gaps and stuffing runs all 1st half.

Bad

1. Linebacker's coverage -- They flashed some plays in run defense, but repeatedly were caught napping in coverage.
2. Lemonier -- Made a nice pass breakup early, but didn't get any pass rush, and got washed out in the run game.
3. 3rd down defense -- See #1. Too many checkdowns and passes down the seams easily converted 3rd and longs.

Ugly

1. Dylan Thompson -- Looked in over his head. Could not evaluate any players on offense second half because of no sustained drives.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 15, 2015 at 8:16 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone