LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

What will you be paying the most attention to tonight?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will you be paying the most attention to tonight?

First game after a long off season, What are you going to be looking for in today's preseason opener?
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Kap's throwing motion. It is one of the single most important tweaks on offense.
Offensive line and how The D-line will function without Cowboy, RayMac and 99.
Backups and marginal players:

RB: Davis and Hayne--Davis will stick but will Hayne?
QB: Does Gabbert look stable?
WR: Ellington, Patton, White and Simpson...who shines?
OL: Argh! Pears, Brown, Tiller, Farrell, Silberman
TE: McD, Bell, Anderson, Carrier and a cast of thousands

DL: Carradine, Armstead, Ramsey, Rush and Okoye
LB: Lemonier, Harold, Moody, Skov and Lemon
DB: Tartt, McCray, Reaser, Acker, Johnson, Cromartie, McFadden and Hicks

These guys are fighting for a job, either backup or a few starting positions. Will be fun to see how smoothly they handle the game speed...especially the rookies!
Nothing... Preseason games are dumb
Not really concerned to much with coaching in pre season. Though this year with new schemes it will be interesting to watch. I like to watch how the players perform. Spotlight on the 1st team o line 2nite.
Most of the above. REally interested in how kap and OL works out. Has he learned to dump the ball off and cut down on his sacks? Do we coach around his strengths, as well as the OL strengths and weaknesses....or do we see a redux of where we left off last yr. That i do not expect.

Also fascinated by how mangini calls the D, and where he blitzes...or not. Of course, like everyone else, how will DL work out minus cowboy, and how do the LBs stack up? Will we get to see any blitz packs where we should have seen them last yr....or not. I am sure we will. Also how do the DBs work into a new DL, with new LBs? Cannot wait to see the game, and I better see my QB in there for a couple qtrs, to see how he is doing with new outlook, new coaches, new receivers.
First quarter Offense
Oline.

If the oline this year cant get it done we are looking at another dismal campaign.
Everything

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Oline.

If the oline this year cant get it done we are looking at another dismal campaign.

^^^

I don't expect any cohesion tonight but I want to see improvement from the right side as the preseason progresses.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

This! Why isn't this the FIRST option to choose??
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

This! Why isn't this the FIRST option to choose??

Because they will be experimenting with a new scheme and some new players and all but one new position. If they play really well tonight it will be a miracle! So it's best to assume they will struggle through the preseason and slowly work into some semblance of unity early in the year. Hard to judge one players efforts under these circumstances...but Pears and RG (whether Martin or ?) will be heavily scrutinized. Also...Kilgore is out!
Didn't Tomsula say the TE's would be on the field a lot? I'm excited to see who emerges.
Belldozer
Share 49ersWebzone