LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 405 users in the forums

My stance on the 49ers, and the 2015 season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So everyone knows I made an infamous statement that I hopes we would go 4-12 for the sake of getting a better coach in, I take all that back, I apologize to those who I may have offended, I never truly meant that crap, I was dealing with a lot s**t, with my brother, who has now passed away, and s**t really has come full steam ahead for me. I'm done with this outlook for the 49ers of losing to get a better HC, I hope Tomsula can be as good as Harbaugh was, but with better time management.

The only way I hope we go 4-12, is if we have no shot at the playoffs, I don't want a morale victory, or great we went 8-8, I want SB or bust basically. I only want them to be bad so they can retool, and get a top tier player in the 2016 draft, at either DL, or CB.

Again, I hate that I went as far as to say I hope we are terrible, I wish I could go back and erase that, I can't, all I can do is apologize, and hope people don't look down on me anymore.
All fans here. Forgive and forget, especially you with all the cap work you do. Glad you will give jimmy t a chance. I was ok with the hireing, really like it now. But something that will make everyone happy, winning.
No need to apologize, AB. I would hope most people knew you were speaking out of frustration and didn't mean it. In the end, it's just football. Not like you committed a crime lol.

The team alienated a large portion of the fan base. They gotta show some signs of life this year to win that trust back. Everyone, no matter how frustrated, wants this team to win.

You do a great service to this site with your salary cap projections. You're much appreciated around here.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 14, 2015 at 7:27 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
All fans here. Forgive and forget, especially you with all the cap work you do. Glad you will give jimmy t a chance. I was ok with the hireing, really like it now. But something that will make everyone happy, winning.

Right, I want to win, winning cures everything, I hope the offense is changed finally, was sick of Roman's crap. Run, run, run. We have Smith and Boldin, time to pass the damn ball, and do it right.

I only want them at a 4-12 like record if they show zero on offense, and have no hope, that way we have a top 10 pick, and the 2016 draft looks stacked at DE, and CB.

Hell yeah AB. Everyone loves you here and your contributions are invaluable. I remember trying to talk you off that ledge but I always want you here with us. So sorry about your brother. RIP. Hopefully we can all just enjoy what is sure to be a very interesting season if nothing else.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
No need to apologize, AB. I would hope most people knew you were speaking out of frustration and didn't mean it. In the end, it's just football. Not like you committed a crime lol.

The team alienated a large portion of the fan base. They gotta show some signs of life this year to win that trust back. Everyone, no matter how frustrated, wants this team to win.

You do a great service to this site with your salary cap projections. You're much appreciated around here.

Thank you Sofa, appreciate it. Really do, I never meant any disrespect towards anyone, it's been a rough few months since my brother died, so just trying to not get pessimistic.

But the teams needs to show some promise this year, I would love to see a division title, whether I think that happens, no, I don't, I think Seattle is too talented, but anything can happen.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Hell yeah AB. Everyone loves you here and your contributions are invaluable. I remember trying to talk you off that ledge but I always want you here with us. So sorry about your brother. RIP. Hopefully we can all just enjoy what is sure to be a very interesting season if nothing else.

Thanks bud, been tough, we had a bad falling out which made me go nuts in a sense. I didn't see him until the wake, and since December 2013, I saw him 2 times, Xmas 2013, and his surgery in July 2014, so it sucked for sure.

Hoping for a good season, see if Tomsula can show something, hope Kap has improved upon 2014, he needs to, we need Kap playing like his 2012 self.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Right, I want to win, winning cures everything, I hope the offense is changed finally, was sick of Roman's crap. Run, run, run. We have Smith and Boldin, time to pass the damn ball, and do it right.

I only want them at a 4-12 like record if they show zero on offense, and have no hope, that way we have a top 10 pick, and the 2016 draft looks stacked at DE, and CB.

I get that. I was indifferent to winning after the loss at OAK last year. Felt we needed a higher pick to grab Cooper but we made out OK this offseason
Thanks bud, been tough, we had a bad falling out which made me go nuts in a sense. I didn't see him until the wake, and since December 2013, I saw him 2 times, Xmas 2013, and his surgery in July 2014, so it sucked for sure.

Hoping for a good season, see if Tomsula can show something, hope Kap has improved upon 2014, he needs to, we need Kap playing like his 2012 self.

You're still his bro forever and always fallout or not. I got siblings and fallouts happen but he knows you would've given a kidney if you could if it meant saving him. Time will heal all my brother
Id be lying if I said I was happy/excited with the hiring of Tonsula. His first presser didn't help to quell my concerns. But a funny thing happened, he assembled a tremendous coaching staff with a lot of NFL experience. So that at least gave me some hope. But the clincher for me to throw my support behind JT happened a week ago. The way he handled the aldon situation with class and dignity spoke volumes to me. It's just has to be about more than football, IMO he gets that and for the first time I'm happy he is our coach.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 14, 2015 at 7:35 PM ]

I get that. I was indifferent to winning after the loss at OAK last year. Felt we needed a higher pick to grab Cooper but we made out OK this offseason

Yeah, I would have loved Amari or even White. I hope Armstead turns into something, if not that will look bad on Baalke's resume of drafting 1st rd picks, so far his 2010 picks are gone, 2011 released, 2012 a bust and traded, out of league, 2013 has concussion issues, 2014 had a bad year, and now 2015's is a RAW player, with a lot of talent, just needs to develop, but it sucks, he needs to develop fast, we need DL depth.
Sorry for the loss of your brother, hope you heal from that in due time. In terms of your post, I think I missed it but I think a lot of us felt that way back when Tomsula got picked for the job. Kinda like when you're car shopping and you end up researching every great make and model only to be disappointed by the less than flashy pick. Can't see how any debbie downer from around those times could possibly still want the Niners to tank. This is the time for optimism. It feels like the end of winter and the start of spring right now and it feels awesome.

You're still his bro forever and always fallout or not. I got siblings and fallouts happen but he knows you would've given a kidney if you could if it meant saving him. Time will heal all my brother

I hope so man, I would have giving my kidney, he was on dialysis, the doctors said no, I almost begged for them to let me give him one of mine.

Then my dad came up with dialysis, and then I was so distraught, not sure which I should give it to. Then the doctor for my brother wanted to do an operation that would have cured his diabetees, while my dad's doctors say a kidney transplant isn't worth it, and he won't take mine, not that we are at odds or anything, best relationship with my dad is now, love him to death, i'm his only son, and only real kid, his daughter wants nothing to do with him or me.

Anyway, enough rambling, lets hope for a great year, waiting on september, they changed the NFL preseason live, now with GamePass, I refuse to spend 99 bucks for that, when I pay for NFL ST, they should include either Preseason games live on TV, or include the GamePass account to NFL ST subs.
We love you AB...your OUR dude. Knew you weren't yourself. So sorry for your loss. You have friends here too. PM us. Like Aldon, this ain't about football.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Id be lying if I said I was happy/excited with the hiring of Tonsula. His first presser didn't help to quell my concerns. But a funny thing happened, he assembled a tremendous coaching staff with a lot of NFL experience. So that at least gave me some hope. But the clincher for me to throw my support behind JT happened a week ago. The way he handled the aldon situation with class and dignity spoke volumes to me. It's just has to be about more than football, IMO he gets that and for the first time I'm happy he is our coach.

My gripe was his experience, not being a coordinator, but he is a likable guy, so I am willing to see what happens, and give it a chance, hoping it works out. He brought in some coaches who were iffy to me, then he got the DB coach I like, LB coach Pendergast I think, and then LSU WR coach, who i'm excited to see what he does for Patton, Bruce, etc... I like the Jets ST coach we got.
Share 49ersWebzone