There are 265 users in the forums

First Look at 49ers Depth Chart.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
(26)
QB: Kaepernick, Gabbert
FB: Miller, Millard
RB: Hyde, Bush, Davis, Hunter/Hayne
OL: Staley, Boone, Kilgore, Martin, Pears, Looney, Thomas, Brown, Silberman/Farrell
TE: Davis, Carrier, Bell, McDonald/Celek
WR: Smith, Boldin, Simpson, Ellington, Patton

(24)
DL: Dorsey, Williams, Dial, Dockett, Carradine, Armstead
ILB: Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody or Wheeler, Bellore (ST)
OLB: Brooks, Lynch, Harold, Lemonier
CB: Brock, Wright, Johnson, Ward, Reaser, Acker
S: Reid, Bethea, Tartt, McCray

(3)
ST: Dawson, Pinion, Nelson

Updated for my 53...

Toughest cuts will be Hayne/Hunter, McDonald/Celek, Dahl/McCray, Okoye and/or Purcell, Silberman/Farrell, #6 WR

Could also see them keeping 7 DL and keeping Okoye/Purcell and keeping only 3 safeties since Ward can play S and be the #3/4 guy.

Very big outside shot we cut Farrell/Silberman and go with 8 OL and then keep 7 RB's and Hunter/Hayne/Millard all make it. Hayne spends all year on the inactive list. Hard enough to keep 6 rb's (including 2 fb's) much less 7.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 16, 2015 at 5:08 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Updated for my 53...

Toughest cuts will be Hayne/Hunter, McDonald/Celek, Dahl/McCray, Okoye and/or Purcell, Silberman/Farrell, #6 WR

Could also see them keeping 7 DL and keeping Okoye/Purcell and keeping only 3 safeties since Ward can play S and be the #3/4 guy.

Very big outside shot we cut Farrell/Silberman and go with 8 OL and then keep 7 RB's and Hunter/Hayne/Millard all make it. Hayne spends all year on the inactive list. Hard enough to keep 6 rb's (including 2 fb's) much less 7.

I'd be fine with that. We may be stacked at RB, but talent is talent. We can't risk cutting him when you KNOW he will be scooped up. Especially with how solid he will be on special teams.
It feels like this team doesn't really have an identity. During our super-bowl run, we were known for being so physical, we had a power running game, and our front 7 was 2nd to none, with two hard hitting safeties. Now we are average at best in all areas.
My 53 man roster prediction

Offense (25)

QB=KAEPERNICK, GABBERT
HB=HYDE,BUSH,DAVIS,HAYNE,MILLER
WR=BOLDIN,SMITH,SIMPSON,ELLINGTON,WHITE
TE=DAVIS,CARRIER,CELEK,BELL
OL=STALEY,BOONE,KILGORE,MARTIN,PEARS,BROWN,THOMAS,LOONEY,FARRELL

Notes: Although Hunter has more experience over Hayne and Davis, I really doubt he can be a major contributor on the offense this season and what Hayne brings is his explosiveness on offense and special teams. While neither Patton or White get noticed against Texans, Patton still needs to show improvement to be locked on the active roster same ways go to McDonald who's more likely to be traded rather being cut to gain more draft picks for 2016 draft.

Defense (25)

DL=DORSEY,WILLIAMS,DIAL,DOCKETT,ARMSTEAD,CARRADINE,PURCELL
LB=BROOKS,BOWMAN,WHILHOITE,LYNCH,MOODY,HAROLD,SKOV,BELLORE,LEMONIER** (UNTIL SOME FA BE PICKED FROM WAIVERS)
DB=BROCK,WRIGHT,REID,BETHEA,McCRAY,TARTT,WARD,JOHNSON,ACKER

Notes:Defense look stiff and rusty and played with muscle rather following a tactic against the opposing offense. Tackling was also something they need to fix because most of the first downs were for miss tackles. Few deserves praise worthy except for Purcell who showed to be good against run and pass rush, Skov and Moody has a long road but considering we don't have anybody else on depth it's likely to be included for the season finally McCray has proven to be not only a great ST player but also a reliable nickel and dime player making easier to get rid of Dahl. Lemonier stays until Niners find somebody else on waivers to replace him because he was awful tackling, rushing passer and mostly on coverage.

Special Teams (3)

K=DAWSON
P=PINION
LS=NELSON
maybe I'm just being greedy, but would it be realistic to keep

Hunter, Hyde, Bush, Davis, Miller and Hayne....at the expense of not keeping Millard?

and at the same time keep McDonald and Carrier on the team?
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Hunter, Hyde, Bush, Davis, Miller and Hayne....at the expense of not keeping Millard?

Do we really need/want Davis??
Updated for my 53...

Agree.

VERY TOUGH CALLS!

I hope the rest of the preseason games can clarify this up. Sure hate to lose potential.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

well if Hunter gets hurt, Davis could be that change of pace back. And if Hunter does well this season and gets cashed out by another team next year or something...we'd have Davis. The kid does look good out there. If we didn't have these other RBs, I would've been fine to have him be Gore's successor.

besides, we don't know how our running backs will fair as the season goes on...regarding injuries. Hunter, Bush, and heck even Hyde.

well if Hunter gets hurt, Davis could be that change of pace back. And if Hunter does well this season and gets cashed out by another team next year or something...we'd have Davis. The kid does look good out there. If we didn't have these other RBs, I would've been fine to have him be Gore's successor.

besides, we don't know how our running backs will fair as the season goes on...regarding injuries. Hunter, Bush, and heck even Hyde.

It feels good coming into this year with RB so deep. Injuries will be a factor, as always, so I could see Baalke stashing Davis away as insurance on the practice squad.
You don't stash a 4th round pick on the PS, he will be gone within a day. He is a lock guys. Either somehow he gets a hang nail and ends up on IR or he makes the roster. He won't be cut. I can't remember the last time we cut a draft pick higher than round 6. Very rarely do 4th or 5th rounders get cut their first year. They would have to really show up out of shape and show no effort. That or commit murder or try to harm their coach.

Let's say for next year:
Davis for Hunter
Hayne for Bush

Obviously he's not the speed back but he could be the full time returner while he works on being a RB.

But keeping all is going to be hard, can't see 5RB's
Seems like everyone's healthy. All past picks stacked as future rehab projects have this season to make the team. Tank, Dial, last season's CBs and several more. I don't envy the task but there's plenty of options to come out with a spectacular team.
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
My 53 man roster prediction

Offense (25)

QB=KAEPERNICK, GABBERT
HB=HYDE,BUSH,DAVIS,HAYNE,MILLER
WR=BOLDIN,SMITH,SIMPSON,ELLINGTON,WHITE
TE=DAVIS,CARRIER,CELEK,BELL
OL=STALEY,BOONE,KILGORE,MARTIN,PEARS,BROWN,THOMAS,LOONEY,FARRELL

Notes: Although Hunter has more experience over Hayne and Davis, I really doubt he can be a major contributor on the offense this season and what Hayne brings is his explosiveness on offense and special teams. While neither Patton or White get noticed against Texans, Patton still needs to show improvement to be locked on the active roster same ways go to McDonald who's more likely to be traded rather being cut to gain more draft picks for 2016 draft.

Defense (25)

DL=DORSEY,WILLIAMS,DIAL,DOCKETT,ARMSTEAD,CARRADINE,PURCELL
LB=BROOKS,BOWMAN,WHILHOITE,LYNCH,MOODY,HAROLD,SKOV,BELLORE,LEMONIER** (UNTIL SOME FA BE PICKED FROM WAIVERS)
DB=BROCK,WRIGHT,REID,BETHEA,McCRAY,TARTT,WARD,JOHNSON,ACKER

Notes:Defense look stiff and rusty and played with muscle rather following a tactic against the opposing offense. Tackling was also something they need to fix because most of the first downs were for miss tackles. Few deserves praise worthy except for Purcell who showed to be good against run and pass rush, Skov and Moody has a long road but considering we don't have anybody else on depth it's likely to be included for the season finally McCray has proven to be not only a great ST player but also a reliable nickel and dime player making easier to get rid of Dahl. Lemonier stays until Niners find somebody else on waivers to replace him because he was awful tackling, rushing passer and mostly on coverage.

Special Teams (3)

K=DAWSON
P=PINION
LS=NELSON

I agree. I would add moody or skov on the endangered list to be replaced by another teams cut along with lemonier.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Updated for my 53...

Agree.

VERY TOUGH CALLS!

I hope the rest of the preseason games can clarify this up. Sure hate to lose potential.

Yup, some tough calls to be made. People keeping saying this team has no depth, but that can't be true when you're having trouble cutting guys for the 53.

Hayne/Hunter -- I don't want to overreact to Hayne's performance but he was impressive. I'm a big fan of Hunter, but if he doesn't get healthy and jump in the mix, it is possible Hayne beats him for a roster spot.

McDonald/Celek -- McDonald would probably win out, he has more talent and there is still a chance he develops. But as of now I still think Celek is more steady and dependable. He's had injuries tho.

Dahl/McCray -- Not difficult at all. Cut Dahl, keep McCray. That dude was a beast on STs, big-hitter, superior athlete. Perfect 5th safety.

Okoye/Purcell -- Good chance both don't make it, but Purcell showed up yesterday. Could push TJE for a spot.

Silberman/Farrell -- Toss up to me. Silberman probably gets the nod due to draft status. Farrell has some versatility. Both might not make the cut.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Updated for my 53...

Agree.

VERY TOUGH CALLS!

Yup, some tough calls to be made. People keeping saying this team has no depth, but that can't be true when you're having trouble cutting guys for the 53.

Hayne/Hunter -- I don't want to overreact to Hayne's performance but he was impressive. I'm a big fan of Hunter, but if he doesn't get healthy and jump in the mix, it is possible Hayne beats him for a roster spot.

McDonald/Celek -- McDonald would probably win out, he has more talent and there is still a chance he develops. But as of now I still think Celek is more steady and dependable. He's had injuries tho.

Dahl/McCray -- Not difficult at all. Cut Dahl, keep McCray. That dude was a beast on STs, big-hitter, superior athlete. Perfect 5th safety.

Okoye/Purcell -- Good chance both don't make it, but Purcell showed up yesterday. Could push TJE for a spot.

Silberman/Farrell -- Toss up to me. Silberman probably gets the nod due to draft status. Farrell has some versatility. Both might not make the cut.

Great calls...a few others (some repeats):

• Kendall Hunter vs. Jarryd Hayne
  • Trey Millard vs. the 53
  • Lawrence Okoye, Mike Purcell vs. Tony Jerod Eddie vs. the 53
  • Nick Moody, Nick Bellore vs. Shane Skov (maybe Bishop/Wheeler)
  • Vance McDonald, Derek Carrier vs. Garrett Celek
  • DeAndrew White, Dres Anderson vs. Quinton Patton vs. the 53
  • Dillon Farrell vs. Ian Silberman
  • Craig Dahl vs. L.J. McCray (please end this!)

I think that's it, right?
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 16, 2015 at 8:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone