LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Players to watch in 1st preseason game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Man, there's so many story lines to watch. I can't think of a more exciting preseason.

I'm pretty excited to see at least a couple players from every group out there...

The Redshirt Crew:
Tank
Reaser
Acker
B Thomas
Millard
Ramsay

The Coming Back from Injury:
Bowman
Hunter
Ward
Dorsey
Williams

The new arrivals:
Bush
Torrey
Pears
Wright
Dockett

The Rugby Guys:
Okoye
Hayne

The Rooks:
Armstead
Tartt
Harold
Bell
Brown

The UDFA WRs:
Deandrew White
Dres "Flipper's Son" Anderson

The Replacements:
Dial
Moody
Hyde

The muthaf**kin' Punter:
Pinion

Excellent post!!

This about sums it up for me. I'm also interested in seeing this so called up tempo offense.
everyone

although three I'm looking for to have big games are Tartt, Carradine against 1's, and Millard
Really eager to see our o-line, and the much anticipated re-casting that has gone along with it (which we've all been waiting for).
Ok - preseason is a sloppy game - BUT, rather than one player, I most interested in seeing if the team functions crisply.

>In and out of huddle quickly
>Play calls have some coherence and plan to them
>Defense doesn't look confused

That type of thing. Those would be good indicators to me that the coaching staff has got it under control and the players are well coached and disciplined.

We could list everyone to see if they are good or improved - but I want to see the mystery players we have been hearing about to see if they really could make an impact - WR White, RB Hayne, DL Okoye, CB Reaser / Acker, OLB Harold -- oh, and Pinnion, lol. How funny is that we are all wanting to see this punter.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Evilgenius.
I actually have to agree with this.. also want to see how ST executes the routine plays. Hopefully we don't miss a beat.

Originally posted by thl408:
You think this is a joke? It's all fun and games until the placeholder screws up. Then the pitchforks come out. Andy Lee was a clutch placeholder. HoF material.

Beyond this - I wanna see DeAndrew White in action. I want to see ST at all levels. I want to see how our RBs look especially Hayne and Hunter. Want to see how Moody looks. A bunch of the DL and of course the entire OL. Corners too... really most of the team.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Aug 14, 2015 at 3:37 AM ]
Not so much wear and tear, more like the motions are so completely different it would be difficult to expect him to be proficiently good at both. I suppose there could be some wear and tear too.

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Idk about the rule. Many people toyed with the idea of him doing kickoffs, fieldgoals, and punts but to do both at an nfl level without your leg wearing down would be impossible imo.
1. The whole O line
2. Kap-Needs to see him read a d and his touch
3. CB
4. McDonald
5. Moody and Tartt
6. The offensive scheme
NFL Gamepass is doing a 7 day free trial so you can watch the game tomorrow if you don't get it on TV
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the new punter. we'll be using him quite a bit.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninersfan8052:
NFL Gamepass is doing a 7 day free trial so you can watch the game tomorrow if you don't get it on TV

just don't forget to cancel before the 7 days are up or you'll get billed for the entire package. lol

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
the new punter. we'll be using him quite a bit.

Yeah..for kick offs
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
just don't forget to cancel before the 7 days are up or you'll get billed for the entire package. lol

I will cancel when the game is over lol.
  • thl408
Kap and his new mechanics. Finally in a live game situation. No more clips of drills.
Martin vs Watt. Just to see how the youngster will do. They move Watt around so maybe a couple times they square off. Hope he earns RG this season.
Tank's ability to push the pocket.
Harold's pass rushing.
Moody and his recent camp buzz. Hoping it's legit.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm not looking for any one player, just move the damn ball and get a couple of first downs, is what I want to see from the offense. I don't even care if we score, just move the damn ball. On defense, some sort of pass rush and be stout against the run, from the front seven, with solid corner play. Looking for good clock, time out, replay and challenge management from the coaching staff.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 14, 2015 at 11:55 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm not looking for any one player, just move the damn ball and get a couple of first downs, is what I want to see from the offense. I don't even care if we score, just move the damn ball. On defense, some sort of pass rush and be stout against the run, from the front seven, with solid corner play. Looking for good clock, time out, replay and challenge management from the coaching staff.

This

Add to that Zero injuries.
Share 49ersWebzone