LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Players to watch in 1st preseason game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I'm excited to see Bradley Pinion hold for placekicking.

I'm pretty sure Bradley Pinion is capable of snapping it to himself, then holding it for himself as he kicks an 80 yard field goal.
You think this is a joke? It's all fun and games until the placeholder screws up. Then the pitchforks come out. Andy Lee was a clutch placeholder. HoF material.

LOL

I thought I read that Bell was being the placeholder as well...maybe that was for the RZ only (makes sense). Better to have a former QB with an arm just in case.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I'm excited to see Bradley Pinion hold for placekicking.

I'm pretty sure Bradley Pinion is capable of snapping it to himself, then holding it for himself as he kicks an 80 yard field goal.
You think this is a joke? It's all fun and games until the placeholder screws up. Then the pitchforks come out. Andy Lee was a clutch placeholder. HoF material.

LOL

I thought I read that Bell was being the placeholder as well...maybe that was for the RZ only (makes sense). Better to have a former QB with an arm just in case.

Oh is that the case? Bell is holding? Agree, I would always prefer a backup QB (former QB) in case the hold is botched, there is a slight chance something positive can happen. The main reason it's usually the punter holding is because he isn't doing anything else during team practice so he can go off on the side with the placekicker to practice.
  • davel
  • Veteran

LACES OUT!!!

Sorry couldn't resist. ..... as you were
Honestly there is only one player I'm not interested in seeing play in preseason and that's Navarro Bowman :(

I don't think he needs it and the risk isn't worth playing him. Everyone else I can't wait to see in action.
  • thl408
So hard to pick one player, so I'll pick one group. Like many have said, the OLine. MMartin and Pears need to hold their own and will get up close and personal with JJ Watt. Please don't let Kap get killed.
Dahl, really think this is his year...
Oh is that the case? Bell is holding? Agree, I would always prefer a backup QB (former QB) in case the hold is botched, there is a slight chance something positive can happen. The main reason it's usually the punter holding is because he isn't doing anything else during team practice so he can go off on the side with the placekicker to practice.

Don't quote me on that, pun intended, but I thought I read that recently...might just be in PATs.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

O line sucks so I'll have my eye on JJ Watt...
So hard to pick one player, so I'll pick one group. Like many have said, the OLine. MMartin and Pears need to hold their own and will get up close and personal with JJ Watt. Please don't let Kap get killed.

This has to be the best test possible not only for those two, but the entire line. Watt and Clowney? Yikes. If they can do ANYTHING against those two, I'll be very encouraged.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Hitman49:
O line sucks so I'll have my eye on JJ Watt...

Knowing our luck this offseason I just hope he doesn't hurt kap.
I'm really hoping they can use Millard in the old Delanie role, Our offense really suffered when he left.
Kendall Hunter returning from injury. Would like to see him in the lead back role over Hyde.

You joking right???
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

You joking right???

This is the year....

....he gets cut.
Share 49ersWebzone