LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

2016 Free Agency and the 2015 Salary Cap.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I was just checking out the salary cap for next year and we currently have $40,731,082 according to over the cap (that's with 150 million as the cap...might be more).

If we move on from Kap,Brooks,Bethea,Pears,and Bellore we'd have a little over $ 70 million in cap space (less if Davis comes back)

I could be way off and was wondering if that sounds about right?

Per AB..."Right now we would be $42,923,584 under a $153M cap."

And here's more: http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/12/8/9854742/49ers-salary-cap-2016-projected-cap-roster-bonuses-potential-cut

So basically, we're the youngest team with a ton of money. I wonder who has the most cap space next year.

HUGE offseason for TB coming up. Lots of ammo and he needs to capitalize
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
HUGE offseason for TB coming up. Lots of ammo and he needs to capitalize

Agreed!
And that's without removing kap, brooks, pears, and bethea'a cap space too that's a lot of cheddar to make some moves!

Exactly!
Hopefully they get Wilkerson! Aka the next Justin Smith in free agency.
Originally posted by genz22:

We NEED a new anchor for our defensive line , that would be HUGE

In a perfect world , Willis comes back , and we draft TWO pass rushing terrors at OLB to help Lynch with the pass rush , along with acquiring Wilkerson ......lets hope Trent uses that cap space and extra draft picks to wheel and deal, and get us players that can help immediately , I don't want us drafting anymore "injured projects" ...it's time to get fast healthy players on the roster
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

In a perfect world , Willis comes back , and we draft TWO pass rushing terrors at OLB to help Lynch with the pass rush , along with acquiring Wilkerson ......lets hope Trent uses that cap space and extra draft picks to wheel and deal, and get us players that can help immediately , I don't want us drafting anymore "injured projects" ...it's time to get fast healthy players on the roster

I'm starting to think we go this way in FA and the draft as well. Defense.

Get that defense back up to top 5...coupled with an efficient offense (Hyde/Gabbert + TE's/RB's in the passing game)...win with TOP and field position and TO battle.

Then also nab a couple top notch OL in FA and in the draft, try to find that big-bodied prototypical WCO for the ZWR position to compete with Smelter outside. Done.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

I'm starting to think we go this way in FA and the draft as well. Defense.

Get that defense back up to top 5...coupled with an efficient offense (Hyde/Gabbert + TE's/RB's in the passing game)...win with TOP and field position and TO battle.

Then also nab a couple top notch OL in FA and in the draft, try to find that big-bodied prototypical WCO for the ZWR position to compete with Smelter outside. Done.

hell yes, adding power to the defensive line is a priority, and I'm sure we could add a couple quality defensive lineman through agency , and using our draft picks towards improving the offensive and defensive line will be a huge plus ....and consistently throwing to our RB's and TE's will go a long way in creating a more versatile attack , because right now our attack is predictable, but I'm liking what I'm seeing in our offense using more WCO elements , Gabbert is effective in that capacity and could really blossom as our QB if we continue to go that direction
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Dec 11, 2015 at 8:57 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Every single top free agent in the NFL can't wait for this offseason. They all want to be a part of this organization and all the championships on the horizon.
I would be happy with Wilkerson, Ware, and Glenn. Those 3 would instantly make our team that much better.

Also would like a Carlos Rogers-esque CB pickup
I was just checking out the salary cap for next year and we currently have $40,731,082 according to over the cap (that's with 150 million as the cap...might be more).

If we move on from Kap,Brooks,Bethea,Pears,and Bellore we'd have a little over $ 70 million in cap space (less if Davis comes back)

And here's more: http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/12/8/9854742/49ers-salary-cap-2016-projected-cap-roster-bonuses-potential-cut

So basically, we're the youngest team with a ton of money. I wonder who has the most cap space next year.

Check out OTC, here, http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space, click the 2016 tab, it's with a $150M cap.

Top 5:
Raiders $72,638,819 (Pre Crabtree extension)
Bears $57,403,627
Buccaneers $46,404,507
Jaguars $44,340,539
49ers $40,731,082

And for those who don't know, that article is written by me, I write all salary cap stuff for NN.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Check out OTC, here, http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space, click the 2016 tab, it's with a $150M cap.

Top 5:
Bears $57,403,627
Buccaneers $46,404,507
Jaguars $44,340,539
49ers $40,731,082

And for those who don't know, that article is written by me, I write all salary cap stuff for NN.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Top 5:
Bears $57,403,627
Buccaneers $46,404,507
Jaguars $44,340,539
49ers $40,731,082

Thank you J. So basically, once we take care of Brooks, Bethea, CK, etc. we could very well be top 3 in cap room. Excellent!
Share 49ersWebzone