LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Charles Haley: Hall of Fame Speech

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just loved the last part of what Charles said about team at the induction ceremony ""And the one thing I learned from all these guys is unselfish play, team matters. We need to go back to that. It's not about individuals, it's about team. That's the only way we can have success." If I would want any young player to listen to one veteran it would be Charles.
Originally posted by pickle:
I just loved the last part of what Charles said about team at the induction ceremony ""And the one thing I learned from all these guys is unselfish play, team matters. We need to go back to that. It's not about individuals, it's about team. That's the only way we can have success." If I would want any young player to listen to one veteran it would be Charles.

Didn't work for aldon
He also chastised the league for Eddie D. still not in the HOF. It was a subtle eff you to the voters.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Great speech guys
Originally posted by ninerjok:
He also chastised the league for Eddie D. still not in the HOF. It was a subtle eff you to the voters.

Can't do that until you're in, lol.

Eddie must have set a record for most frequent presenter, though. You gotta wonder why a guy is connected to that many HOFers without being in himself...
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Didn't work for aldon

People don't always listen or learn. It took Charles a long time to deal with his illness. Maybe Aldon will someday figure it out.

Didn't work for aldon

People don't always listen or learn. It took Charles a long time to deal with his illness. Maybe Aldon will someday figure it out.

Yes, a long time. I was going to make an off-color comment to remind people of Haley's dubious history but I guess I don't need to now.
Originally posted by English:

Didn't work for aldon

Yes, a long time. I was going to make an off-color comment to remind people of Haley's dubious history but I guess I don't need to now.

Yeah, Haley had his demons, if Aldon can get over his, he will be a great, but he needs to learn now. They made the right move.

As for Haley, and his speech, didnt see it, have to YouTube it, love Haley. True 49er IMO. And I agree with him, need less selfish players, and more unselfish players.
Awesome speech all around

• 9moon
  • Veteran
One thing I missed when he was introduced to walk down the aisle is whether or not he gave Steve Young a hug or a hand shake... Because in his speech, he almost mentioned every Dallas and 49er players that he started with ACCEPT Steve Young!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
One thing I missed when he was introduced to walk down the aisle is whether or not he gave Steve Young a hug or a hand shake... Because in his speech, he almost mentioned every Dallas and 49er players that he started with ACCEPT Steve Young!!!

accept or except?
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by 9moon:

accept or except?

99problems...perfect name, bro!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Excuse that.. Except Steve Young...

I know he didn't like Stege Young back then, Haley felt that Steve Young Cried himselt into the starting line up..
Share 49ersWebzone