There are 209 users in the forums

Which offseason loss hurts you the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which offseason loss hurts you the most?

Willis

great player and not a mental midget
[ Edited by jreff22 on Aug 8, 2015 at 10:28 AM ]
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Willis...

years from now were going to see how special him and Bowman were together. Matter of fact that whole defense unit Harbaughs first three years was lights out.
1. Willis
2. Gore
3. Cowboy
4. Aldon
5. AD
6. T-Rex
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Id say a tie between Willis and Aldon. Willis on a more personal level and Adlon strictly football. Thats two probable HOFers gone before their time. Was really looking dorward to that pass rush.
Originally posted by lazy:
Aldon. I would have liked to seen how good he was without Justin Smith.

You'll get that chance, probably.

Just not in a 49er uniform.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
aldon is the ONLY one that hurt.
all the free agents were not retained. we didn't lose anyone we wanted to keep.
borland was ok but those t-rex arms had already come into play imo
pat gave it all for the team so i wasn't hurt by it i was happy he was happy with his decision
we knew justin was going to retire he had been close to it for the past 3 years
crab i am a crab fan but the core is better now without him.
culliver got overpaid
cox came back to down to earth in the 2nd half of the season

aldon hurts because he could have been the best pass rusher in nfl history and now it's all gone. well gone for now.
in a perfect world he gets his life together and we get to resign him and he can prove he's back with the 49ers.
i don't want him on any other team.

I agree with with all of the above. I wonder if the team would ever consider resigning him after all his problems are taken care of
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Aldon hurts the most. Not because he was dominant (though that does factor in), but because a lot of us were hoping that he could turn it around and overcome his personal challenges. Honestly, we've all kinda seen life without him and that part won't take a whole lot to accept, because it's been a factor for the last two years. However, knowing that this guy got every chance in the world to turn it around only to flush it all down the toilet is just flat out depressing.

Of all the bad news that has happened this offseason, this is by far the saddest and most depressing. You just saw a guy that could have been wearing a gold jacket in 10 to 12 years just turn in his future; barely equipped with the skillsets to show up for a 9 - 5 like the rest of us. Just sad.
Aldon, because he was young, entering his prime, and an elite pass rusher, very hard to find.
Originally posted by Trath44:
Aldon, because he was young, entering his prime, and an elite pass rusher, very hard to find.

Same. He and A.Davis but more for hoping they returned to their 2012-2013 selfs and not so much grounded in reality and the TIMING of their departures. That's it though. The rest could all end up being huge blessings in disguise.
Aldon. He was our best player and he's gone for good for the dumbest reason.

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by lazy:
Aldon. I would have liked to seen how good he was without Justin Smith.

You'll get that chance, probably.

Just not in a 49er uniform.

And not for at least a year.
Definitely Willis. He was the heart and soul of the defense.
You know it's a bad offseason when guys like Iupati, Culliver, Cox, Lee and Crabtree are getting 0 percent of the votes. Even Davis at 4 percent and I bet if McDonald was on there he would get 0 too. That's a heck of a lot of big names although some were/would be overpaid and getting older and past their prime. The silver lining is we got a lot younger this offseason.... guys like Dawson, Boldin, Dockett, Pears, Bethea, Bishop, Wheeler, Dahl, Simpson and possibly Vernon/Brooks/Bush will be gone in 1-2 years so if that happens in 2 years (assuming no older signings) the oldest players would be Staley and Dorsey at 32. We have really reloaded and had a youth movement but I mentioned a few years ago to expect that within the 1st year or 2 in the new stadium.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 8, 2015 at 9:48 PM ]
How bout the fans jumping ship..
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
How bout the fans jumping ship..

Won't hurt me.
Share 49ersWebzone