LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

ESPN 30 for 30: The Rise and Fall of the San Francisco 49ers: 2011-2015

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
What if I told you a team that came one play away from winning the Super Bowl went sub-nova? What if I told you, the fan base was already there?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The football gods have just decided to nuke the 49ers from orbit.
Yorks made some really weird decisions and now KARMA is punching they straight in the mouth really hard. As often times happens. KARMA comes back around and the 49ers fans will pay the price the next several years.
Originally posted by fropwns:
What if I told you a team that came one play away from winning the Super Bowl went sub-nova? What if I told you, the fan base was already there?

lol, dead on with the bold

I've never seen a fanbase tuck their tails and go home like this before a single game has been played. Can we at least have confirmation that we suck before whining like children?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yorks made some really weird decisions and now KARMA is punching they straight in the mouth really hard. As often times happens. KARMA comes back around and the 49ers fans will pay the price the next several years.

The mess was fixed and they got rid of the man who did it and now the toilet overflowed.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by fropwns:

lol, dead on with the bold

I've never seen a fanbase tuck their tails and go home like this before a single game has been played. Can we at least have confirmation that we suck before whining like children?

Tumultuous exit of a head coach.
Lost a significant portion of our esteemed defensive staff.
Hired a defensive lineman as a coach.
Cornerstone of the defense retires
Patrick Willis retires.
All time leading rusher leaves
Ray McDonald released (who, with Justin Smith, was rated 11th and 13th DEs last year)
Promising Rookie retires
RT retires
Elite pass rusher is released
A pretty good centers broken leg is still lingering

I've never seen a group of posters so deluded and critical of others who are simply face the facts.

Sure, there's plenty of "man, this guy has potential" bu that is said with literally every other team in the league during the offseason.
This the nature of the NFL. We were spoiled with that ridiculous 15+ year run of 10+ wins. It just doesn't happen anymore in the era of free agency, unless you have a 1st ballot HOF QB on your roster. This is the cycle of the team in decline, but it will rise back up again.

We had our window of time, and while I think it has closed temporarily, you never know how things are going to play out. Maybe our first and second year guys will shock and become Pro-Bowlers. You never know.

In the end, I think the team ends up 5-11, and gets the 4th pick in the draft. You are going to get a helluva good player to work with, along with other guys selected earlier in each round.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Levi's is built over an ancient indian burial ground. the magic was left on Bill Walsh Field at Monster's 3Com Park at Candlestick Point

Ladies and Gentleman....please welcome YOUR Santa Clara 49ers!
[ Edited by boast on Aug 7, 2015 at 1:26 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This the nature of the NFL. We were spoiled with that ridiculous 15+ year run of 10+ wins. It just doesn't happen anymore in the era of free agency, unless you have a 1st ballot HOF QB on your roster. This is the cycle of the team in decline, but it will rise back up again.

We had our window of time, and while I think it has closed temporarily, you never know how things are going to play out. Maybe our first and second year guys will shock and become Pro-Bowlers. You never know.

In the end, I think the team ends up 5-11, and gets the 4th pick in the draft. You are going to get a helluva good player to work with, along with other guys selected earlier in each round.

Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

I hope Yorke doesn't fire tomsula if his team doesn't do well this season

Other than the 5-11 prediction, I concur. Well said.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I hope Yorke doesn't fire tomsula if his team doesn't do well this season

As MadDog49er alluded to, there's an ebb and flow, and I wouldn't be surprised if Tomsula doesn't end up a more technically sound version of Singletary that paves the way for the next Harbaugh.
30 for 30 is delayed. They're going to wait another year so they can add 6 more players to the fall of the 49ers.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Levis Stadium....

whisperss...

If you build it, they will LEAVEEEE!!!
May Jed sold his soul to get Levi's built? And this was the agreement?
Share 49ersWebzone