There are 246 users in the forums

Kaepernick versus other QBs around the league

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
- Kap versus Wilson/Luck/Cam/Tannehill/etc. This is a valid discussion topic as these youngsters bring in the new era once Peyton/Brady/Brees hang it up.

- Just because a poster thinks another QB is better than Kap, does not make them any less of a 49er fan.

- Just because a fan prefers Kap over any other QB, does not make them a blind homer.

- Use stats, game tape, gut feeling, history, projected development, pie charts, whatever, to state your case.

- Some like to talk about this, some don't. This thread is to keep this type of discussion out of the main Kap thread. Don't let this thread be the one that gets you suspended/banned.

- Let's have a clean discussion.
let me start this off properly....

f**k Willow
Originally posted by jreff22:

f**k Willow

You're a good man.
  • thl408
At this point in their careers I'll go: Luck > Kap > Wilson > Tannehill > Cam > Carr while admitting that I'm just going on gut feeling because I don't watch the other guys as closely as I watch Kap.
  • thl408

f**k Willow

This is a very good start, I agree. Any seagull fans here needs to read this.

And look at this:
Originally posted by thl408:
At this point in their careers I'll go: Luck > Kap > Wilson > Tannehill > Cam > Carr while admitting that I'm just going on gut feeling because I don't watch the other guys as closely as I watch Kap.

Kap over Wilson? Really?

Film study aside, Wilson has the "it" factor that is ineffable. Based on that alone I'd put Russ above Kap.
And Ron Jawarski, who used to love Kap, recently ranked him below Alex Smith on his rankings of QBs.

This is pretty good. I think the arguable ones in that order would be Wilson v. Kap, and Tannehill vs. Cam.

Luck and Carr are firm in their position, imo.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 5, 2015 at 1:59 PM ]
Originally posted by TheRambler:
And Ron Jawarski, who used to love Kap, recently ranked him below Alex Smith on his rankings of QBs.

lol
Tannehill actually reminds me of Alex for some reason. Will be good to borderline great, but never elite.

Cam is overrated.

Wilson is like that little annoying gnat that flies around, at some point he will end up dead.

Luck and Kap should be the long term players. Luck is more polished, apparently Harbs thought fundamentals were important to teach a few years ago.

Kap over Wilson? Really?

Film study aside, Wilson has the "it" factor that is ineffable. Based on that alone I'd put Russ above Kap.

I think Kap will prove to be the better QB down the line, but as of right now I'll go:

Luck > Wilson > Kap > Cam > Bridgewater > Tannehill > Carr
Kap over Wilson? Really?

Wilson plays backyard football. He runs around until somebody gets open and throws it up. That's not an "it" factor.
  • thl408

Kap over Wilson? Really?

I feel Kap is a better pocket passer at this point with higher potential to succeed from the pocket. Wilson may be more effective now, debatable, but I do not see him becoming an accomplished thrower from the pocket, which is where any consistently successful QB needs to be. Wilson throws a very nice 50/50 ball, but that's the only throw he can make that's better than Kap.

I see both as having the "it" factor. Both have come through in clutch moments, both have failed in spectacular fashion in big moments. I am impressed with both their "it" factors for such young QBs. I cannot say the same for Luck/Cam.
  • thl408
Tannehill actually reminds me of Alex for some reason. Will be good to borderline great, but never elite.

Cam is overrated.

Wilson is like that little annoying gnat that flies around, at some point he will end up dead.

Luck and Kap should be the long term players. Luck is more polished, apparently Harbs thought fundamentals were important to teach a few years ago.

I think Cam is severely overrated, but in his defense, what has he gotten to work with? So I try not to bash him too much. Still not impressed with him as a passer though, but I have to be fair and acknowledge his lack of receiving weapons and OL. Same goes with Wilson.

Kap over Wilson? Really?

Wilson's scrambling ability behing the LOS is superior and allows him to make game changing plays.

Kap has better sctraight line speed and is a home run threat when he takes off.

As far as their passing ability i'd say their are even, with Wilson having better touch and Kap better at standing in the pocket and delivering because he's not webster.
Share 49ersWebzone