LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Worries

Shop Find 49ers gear online
O-Line and CBs are a MAJOR concern of mine. Too much change, too quickly.
1. Can't stop the run with front 7
2. O-line can't generate running lanes
3. O-line can't pass protect
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:
1. Can't stop the run with front 7
2. O-line can't generate running lanes
3. O-line can't pass protect

4. QB doesn't have enough time to find receivers down field.
I keep hearing alot of people saying Pears is automatically penciled in as a starter...just maybe hes in early on because he knows the ZBS and the coaches are using him to teach it or show how its used and once some of the other guys start to catch on and learn it better he will be supplanted by someone else...atleast im hopeful this is whats gonna happen
Originally posted by 49ersFanCJinPA:
I keep hearing alot of people saying Pears is automatically penciled in as a starter...just maybe hes in early on because he knows the ZBS and the coaches are using him to teach it or show how its used and once some of the other guys start to catch on and learn it better he will be supplanted by someone else...atleast im hopeful this is whats gonna happen

Agreed. If Thomas gets a chance and starts playing well, they may want to look at other combinations. Like with Wright/Brock, usually the vets get the first nods but you can bet we'll see more and more rotations/combinations. Maybe Silberman or Brown shine...Thomas used to be a T as well. Try Boone out at RT (less likely)?
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 2, 2015 at 2:10 PM ]
Your on point with the Wright/Brock combo im really hoping one of the younger guys gets put on the outside with Brock...Im routing fot that to be D. Johnson, I think he stepped in great for a rookie and played awesome last yr for us with the expected growing pains but I see alot of talent in this guy
My only worries is that horrid field
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

lol, really.
Originally posted by 49ersFanCJinPA:
Your on point with the Wright/Brock combo im really hoping one of the younger guys gets put on the outside with Brock...Im routing fot that to be D. Johnson, I think he stepped in great for a rookie and played awesome last yr for us with the expected growing pains but I see alot of talent in this guy

Yeah, the good news is even if they do go with Wright/Brock and neither are cutting it, THIS coaching staff gives me the impression they'd be willing to make a personnel change and with Dontae, Acker, Reaser, Cook, etc. there are plenty hungry behind them.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Incredible w/all that $$$ and the field still sucks!

O-line protection
Secondary coverage
JT getting out coached
my biggest worry is a potentially underperforming defense, not because of talent but moreso because of coaching
we will not compete if defense is not good, and thus it has to be good.

unlike most others, I never liked Mangini; yes hes aggressive, yes he likes scheming, but Ive never seen his schemes be super successful in the league. he got some rep by being on the Pats, but really he hasnt ever been a genius hes hailed to be.

his defense is much more complex than Fangio's, and its possible we have more miscommunication and misunderstanding on the field than in harbaugh years. the secondary needs to gel, and for that the pressure has to be consistent and good. we have tons of talent in pass rushing, its on Mangini to make it a feared, unpredictable unit. if he cannot, there will be concerns. none of our CBs are good enough to consistently play great man coverage pattern matching, and without a good pass rush, this defense is extremely vulnerable.
I'm with NC on OL questions , Bowman & kilogores health, and continued bad luck with injuries. I think the D will adjust just fine, and really don't think we will get blown out early. I am sick at heart about English's worry about backup Qb. Sure, like I said last yr, if kap goes down for the yr, our yr is over based on our backup Qb. If It is a 4-6 week injury(hammy, high ankle, etc) that concerns me, with Blaine waiting in the wings. I just don't have any faith in him, and sounds like neither does English. We need a backup who can come in for 4-6 games and win against the non elite teams. Right now I don't believe we have a backup Qb who can do that. Yes, after Winston and Marriotta, there wasn't much to pick from, and I probably wouldn't have taken a qb either. But I was amazed that Trent did not bring in a solid #2 in FA , or trade. Lord knows we had enough picks to do it. I pray kap just doesn't go down. That is not the way to run a battleship, however...praying. I guess that means that Trent believes Gabbert can do a reasonable job for the 4-6 week type injury. That surprises me.

As for the "grass", I am no expert, altho I am a grape grower/vintner, so I have to know about grasses for erosion control in our mountain vineyards. Not that it matters, but I also grew up mowing and caring for lawns for summer work. Granted it was a poorly reproduced picture, but that grass that was shown on the WZ, sure did look like a little grass and a lot of dirt, both spray painted green. And yes...that is inexcusable. It is embarrassing for the owner, the ground crew, and if it produces a TC injury, somebody should go to jail for it. Yes, I am pizzed at the condition of the field. My only concern is the potential for injury...nothing more.

Lastly, I am worried about the team "gelling". We think we have lots of talent everywhere, but the question of new guys with new HC and position coaches...well, it is a concern. Will they gel? Be a long yr if they don't. I have to believe they will, but cannot wait for the first PS game to see what everything looks like.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 2, 2015 at 3:20 PM ]
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
I ain't worried bout nothin

<---- Kool-aid

since when do ppl drink kool aid HOT?

• KP82
QB depth. With that shaky line I'm worried about Kaep's health. Gabbert is such a huge drop off from Kaep in terms of athleticism, speed, arm strength, etc.

Wouldn't it be better to have someone like Vick backing up Kaep ? I know he's old and washed up, but he has to be an upgrade over someone like Gabbert no ? At least he has the same playing style as Collin. Any thoughts ?
Share 49ersWebzone