LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

is the OFFENSE actually better than last year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
We have yet to score this year, I would not say our offense is better and improved.
Originally posted by lazy:
I think that the run game will be top 10, and the passing game will be in the middle of the pack.

If that's the case, #6 is ours.
Originally posted by 9moon:
We have yet to score this year, I would not say our offense is better and improved.

Thats silly logic. Its a hypothetical, I understand having a wait and see approach. But hypothetically what do you think? Why do you think they have not improved?

I think they improved. They added speed, something they have lacked. It gives the skill positions more balance and more versatility. I also think that the oline will be better in passblocking, but not as great as they could have been in run blocking due to the losses of iuptai and davis. The loss of martin and iuptai helps are pass pro fo sho doe.

We shall see if geep can clean up the play calling process and add some more easy throws into the mix for Kap. So overall I expected a significantly better offense.
The offense will have some success just from the new system alone. There isn't any film out on what to expect so the element of surprise is on our side. The real question is if successful, can we sustain that success?
I feel like the general optimism everyone has is based on the notion that "it can't be any worse". It's applied when analyzing the coaching staff, the oline, the WR, the QB, etc. I think this is a terrible mentality, not only in football but living life in general, in fact this mentality is what created feeling of disappointment.

Meltdown threads will be real.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I feel like the general optimism everyone has is based on the notion that "it can't be any worse". It's applied when analyzing the coaching staff, the oline, the WR, the QB, etc. I think this is a terrible mentality, not only in football but living life in general, in fact this mentality is what created feeling of disappointment.

The optimism is from the New staff working on what was holding back this team
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yeah, I've read five or six decent arguments on why the offense could be better this year that aren't "it can't get any worse" but of course some of our fans around here are going to absentmindedly forget about those and pretend it's all about how "it can't get any worse."
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you have to have a gut feeling, what does your gut tell you? of course everything is on paper and there are no "for sures" , that is why we exist here on the zone to give our opinions and let our feelings be known. i know none of that stuff can be trusted or believed verb but that is how i look at things.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

Thats silly logic. Its a hypothetical, I understand having a wait and see approach. But hypothetically what do you think? Why do you think they have not improved?

I think they improved. They added speed, something they have lacked. It gives the skill positions more balance and more versatility. I also think that the oline will be better in passblocking, but not as great as they could have been in run blocking due to the losses of iuptai and davis. The loss of martin and iuptai helps are pass pro fo sho doe.

We shall see if geep can clean up the play calling process and add some more easy throws into the mix for Kap. So overall I expected a significantly better offense.

of course this is the truth
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

but you can not believe anything the coaches say ,. do or work on.

Originally posted by cciowa:

why should i believe you !
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

why should i believe you !
i should have guessed that was what you were supposed to say
Just answered similar thread on the D...

...but essentially same answer. Its POSSIBLE...but I have a lot more questions on offense.

I love what I'm hearing so far in terms of the direction the offense will take, but we have to wait till the games to see if they can pull it off.

I wasn't all that concerned with the loss of Iupati as he didn't really fit the ZBS scheme they are moving to anyway and he was a liability in pass protection, but losing Anthony Davis was rough. He's not an all-pro and not a GREAT player, but he WAS a needed player. His loss further weakens the depth chart. ALOT of what happens moving forward depends on the play of young guys like Brandon Thomas and Marcus Martin and the coaching of Chris Foerster. This position group more than any other has me worried.

I'm excited to see what Hyde can do with a real workload. I've always liked Hunter. I want to see what Reggie has left and what Mike Davis can bring to the table.

I think WR is vastly improved. Not specifically from a skillset perspective, but from a diversification perspective. SPEED. FINALLY. Hopefully that willmstretch defense the way Moss did in 2012 and open up those play action passes and give players like Boldin some room underneath. THATS a big part of what's been missing.

I have no idea what to expect from Chryst, but so far I like what I've been hearing. Lets just see if he can pull it off.

Can someone please fix that broken record?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Can someone please fix that broken record?
if only we could make it look like an accident
Share 49ersWebzone