There are 231 users in the forums

is the OFFENSE actually better than last year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
But we get to the line with so much time on the play clock. We're good.

It does make one wonder what took so long under romaharbs?

They simplified the play calling. Kap was given up to 3 plays last year. He was supposed to read the defense and either keep the play that was called or change it.
KILL KILL KILL

Now he gets one play and if it works it works.

I watched him call out what looked like a blocking assignment on the draw play to Bush on 3-11. GB read it easy and crashed the CB down right into Bush, play never had a chance.

PIT, ARZ and GB all were reading exactly what the 49ers were laying down. They are not fooling anyone. Coupled with one of the worst OL I've seen. Half the plays they run don't stand a chance.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
-Better play calling. I am just assuming, don't think it can be worse or more confusing
-Something from Warner training had to rub off on Kap. Even if he is only a bit better he is still good enough to win a lot of games, and frankly I think he will become a great QB but leave that out of the argument for now
-Running backs - I think Hyde/Bush/Hunter is better than Gore/Hyde/nobody. Yes we will miss leadership and effort of Frank, but Hyde with another year of experience, plus a different style of Bush makes the running game very powerful I think (plus Kap)
-Vervon Davis has to be better. He can't be worse. He is a proud guy and I think he will be extremely motivated to make up for last year
-Another year experience for Carrier, better blocking, better route running
-T.Smith is an upgrade over Crabtree based on what they can bring to the offense. Deep play ability the Niners haven't had forever. And a different attitude can't hut either
-Patton/Ellington another year experience has to help

Biggest scare on offense if the O-Line with Iupati and Davis gone. This has potential to be a mess, but with injuries and the way the line was juggled last year I think they should still be average to above average with the additions made. If Kap can get the ball out quicker I think they will be good.
you need to share the s**t you been smoking you are on a good one !
Originally posted by cNiner:

What were your projections 2 months ago Captain Hindsight? Reports from the Matts and just about everyone else was that our offense was building and we finally had all the pieces in place to take the next step (until Anthony Davis and Daniel Kilgore happened).
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is where I have been for years now esp. for offense. Until CK and the RB's, TE's and new WR's can play behind a dominant pass blocking OL (run too) like some teams seem to get every single year, it's so hard to assess talent. That said, no doubt better quick designs can help as well as CK's trust in quick throws and improved vision (if possible) as well as better accuracy. He's playing scared right now, no doubt. Running game? If VD and McDonald can stop getting hurt every other day, we might be able to get back to that Vikings attack on the ground with Hyde/Bush/Davis. We all know T.Smith is a great WR and Boldin can run underneath all day long. I'm confident in Ellington being an everything-WR, like McDonald and Miller lead blocking or flaring out for catches (McDonald only catches when the play is drawn up for him), Bush is one of the best outlets in the game, we know Hyde/Davis can catch, move CK's launch points, quick WR screens, middle RB screens, etc. Plenty of weapons no doubt. But until that OL becomes at least average and until Geep can figure out how to scheme around it, neither are doing any of our skill positions any favor. CK is a pretty mobile and athletic guy but he may not last a season (esp. mentally) behind that crap.
Good to see your appetite for optimism is as ravenous as ever. Bush is one of the best outlets in the game. Ellington is an everything wide receiver. CK has improved vision and better accuracy. If only the oline could block. That's what's holding us back.

Are you watching these games?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Good to see your appetite for optimism is as ravenous as ever. Bush is one of the best outlets in the game. Ellington is an everything wide receiver. CK has improved vision and better accuracy. If only the oline could block. That's what's holding us back.

Are you watching these games?

Are you? Better yet, are you even READING what I wrote?

Go back and read again. In CONTEXT, I said the poster who made his post 2 months ago had every reason to believe what he wrote at that time.

We saw early signs of payoffs for CK in the first two games. He's fallen off BIG TIME ever since the two pick-6's as you'd expect from any QB who's getting pressured close to 50% of the time. And the sad part is, the offensive philosophy, scheme, game planning, personnel choices, etc. are only magnifying matters IMHO.

Your hate is so blinding you can't even read or comprehend context anymore. Step back...
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 6, 2015 at 7:59 AM ]
no
Sure but they're not executing
Are you? Better yet, are you even READING what I wrote?

Go back and read again. In CONTEXT, I said the poster who made his post 2 months ago had every reason to believe what he wrote at that time.

We saw early signs of payoffs for CK in the first two games. He's fallen off BIG TIME ever since the two pick-6's as you'd expect from any QB who's getting pressured close to 50% of the time. And the sad part is, the offensive philosophy, scheme, game planning, personnel choices, etc. are only magnifying matters IMHO.

Your hate is so blinding you can't even read or comprehend context anymore. Step back...
Hate? Yeah I hate the boobs that put us in this situation. I'm mad about that. How about you?

I'm have some hope for ck but some of your other assessments are over the rainbow into neverland.

Reggie bush. Are you still thinking this guy has anything but a novelty role in our offense? He's a broken down pile of junk that goes on ir every even Tuesday of the month. Good to know management can't tell the difference between a broken down junker with no tires and Frank Gore. yeah. That's astute.

We're moving in a different direction.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Yes. We are better in all phases:

Oline << can it get any worse than last year when Kaep was the #2 most sacked QB? So we lost Iupati and AD. Both were nowhere near their pro bowl levels in 2011-2013.

QB: 2015 Kap >>> 2014 Kap
WR: Boldin, Smith, and Ellington > Boldin, Crabtree, and SJ
RB: 2015 Hyde > 2014 Gore. Add Bush, Hunter, and Davis and we are rock solid.
TE: 2015 Davis > 2014 Davis by a long shot. Carrier, Bell, and McDonald should see increased productivity
FB: Miller and Millard will be a terrific tandem. Hopefully Miller doesn't miss very many games due to possible suspension

Playcalling <<< can it get any worse than last year with our 25th ranked scoring offense and Kaep not throwing a single 4th Qtr TD?

LOL!!!!!

And people wonder why this site isn't taken seriously!
[ Edited by Strwy2Hevn on Oct 23, 2015 at 4:20 AM ]

Originally posted by cNiner:

What were your projections 2 months ago Captain Hindsight? Reports from the Matts and just about everyone else was that our offense was building and we finally had all the pieces in place to take the next step (until Anthony Davis and Daniel Kilgore happened).

The offensive line was not good last year. Losing Iupati wss not going to make it better. Kilgore was no lock to be ready this year and Davis missed most of last season. Hindsight is often a reasonable tool to gage someone's foresight.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by verb1der:
I feel like the general optimism everyone has is based on the notion that "it can't be any worse". It's applied when analyzing the coaching staff, the oline, the WR, the QB, etc. I think this is a terrible mentality, not only in football but living life in general, in fact this mentality is what created feeling of disappointment.

Meltdown threads will be real.

#verbwasright
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I feel like the general optimism everyone has is based on the notion that "it can't be any worse". It's applied when analyzing the coaching staff, the oline, the WR, the QB, etc. I think this is a terrible mentality, not only in football but living life in general, in fact this mentality is what created feeling of disappointment.

Meltdown threads will be real.

#verbwasright

lol

You can be spot on and be ridiculed until you're banned on the zone.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

And people wonder why this site isn't taken seriously!

Yup. The vocal majority really embarrassed this place with wild, baseless, homeristic predictions.
A lot of these threads come off ridiculous when bumped. This was just one. There are so many more. win the super bowl blah we gonna make the playoffs blah over under going .500 blah
Share 49ersWebzone