LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 196 users in the forums

Draft picks in a year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is there a maximum that a team can hold in any given year? With free agency, teams make it into double digits within a year.

With the logjam at TE and DB, I can see some trades coming before the regular season starts.
To the best of my knowledge there is no minimum or maximum limit to the number of draft picks a team can have in a given year.

You're right, given Trent Baalke's track record, its highly possible a trade (or trades) will be consummated that net the 49ers more draft picks.
Preseason may be the answer.

If they feel confident enough in Lynch and Eli maybe Brooks would be in the conversation.

Too early to happen?
There is no limit as far as I know. There is a rookie cap, not sure how it works.

Baalke is probably concocting a way to stockpile 200+ picks for 2016 as we speak.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 26, 2015 at 2:38 PM ]
I can see Vance McD being traded for a late pick tbh

Also Corey Lemonade
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Also Corey Lemonade

Both of those for 5th or 6th rounders would be good moves.

Also Corey Lemonade

Yup, I'm thinking Lemonier gets traded. Got my eye on the Saints, they just cut Galette and could use another OLB.

Saints could be a landing spot for Vance too, they don't have much at TE either, but for some reason I think we hold onto him.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Also Corey Lemonade

I think a 5th for Lemonade is too high. 6th or 7th more likely.

I think a 5th for Vance McD is plausible yet unlikely. 6th more likely.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Also Corey Lemonade

Yup, I'm thinking Lemonier gets traded. Got my eye on the Saints, they just cut Galette and could use another OLB.

Saints could be a landing spot for Vance too, they don't have much at TE either, but for some reason I think we hold onto him.

Saints make sense for Lemonier.

I know blocking is important to the 49ers offense but that's about all Vance McD has contributed to the team.
I know this is unlikely, but if we were to trade Vernon Davis, what could we likely get for him.....a 3rd.....a 2nd??

Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
I know this is unlikely, but if we were to trade Vernon Davis, what could we likely get for him.....a 3rd.....a 2nd??

In the last year of his contract and coming off his worst year as a pro I would guess a 6th rounder but a 5th at the very most.
The people on my tradev watch list would be

Brock (hope not but would only happen if younger guys look badass)
Brooks
Mcdonald
Patton(ok If elington looks good, room for udfa wr)
One of our interior dl could go. We are stacked there. Like that recent home page article said.

That's all i could think of.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Also Corey Lemonade

I think a 5th for Lemonade is too high. 6th or 7th more likely.

I think a 5th for Vance McD is plausible yet unlikely. 6th more likely.

I'd rather hold on to Vance instead of getting a 5th/6th round pick...VD is gone after this year
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'd rather hold on to Vance instead of getting a 5th/6th round pick...VD is gone after this year

Yeah, I really doubt McDonald will even be in the conversation of being traded. VD is probably gone next year and other than McDonald and Carrier (who saw very limited snaps), there isn't a proven TE on the roster.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah, I really doubt McDonald will even be in the conversation of being traded. VD is probably gone next year and other than McDonald and Carrier (who saw very limited snaps), there isn't a proven TE on the roster.

For real! Everyone is thinking Bell is the next stud, but the kid has been a TE for one season lol

How about they actually get Vance involved in the offense (1 target a game so far) before shipping him off for a 6th round pick
Share 49ersWebzone