There are 131 users in the forums

NFL QB Rankings - Kap #17

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
http://sportswire.usatoday.com/2015/07/17/qb-rank-nfl-quarterbacks-rankings/

What do you guys think? fair?

They are measuring these QB's on their passing stats, pocket presence, foot work, etc. But to me it's all about winning games & championships. How could they rank Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers & Sam Bradford ahead of Kap. Hell some are ranked ahead of Russell Wilson and as much as i hate him, he's got to be ranked ahead of Romo! I mean who cares how many yards a QB throws for (Matthew Stafford)...how many games/championships has he won?

I know this is just the "expert" opinions & we should just disregard these but com'mon man!!! Wouldn't you take Kap over a Sam Bradford or Phillip Rivers? Even the so called experts should know this
Originally posted by Chico:

They are measuring these QB's on their passing stats, pocket presence, foot work, etc. But to me it's all about winning games & championships. How could they rank Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers & Sam Bradford ahead of Kap. Hell some are ranked ahead of Russell Wilson and as much as i hate him, he's got to be ranked ahead of Romo! I mean who cares how many yards a QB throws for (Matthew Stafford)...how many games/championships has he won?

I know this is just the "expert" opinions & we should just disregard these but com'mon man!!! Wouldn't you take Kap over a Sam Bradford or Phillip Rivers? Even the so called experts should know this

Meh. Until these rankings factor in the TYPES of offenses these players play in, they are all moot to me. For instance, QB-centric offenses under QB's such as Romo, Rivers, Bradford, etc. could throw for 50 INT's and would always be ranked higher than CK who (under HaRoman), played in a run-heavy, complimentary-passing offense.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM ]

I agree with all of them based on last year other then sam bradford, guy has played consistently since what? 2012? What has he earned to not be in the bottom quarter? Kap should be at 16 or higher, think he'll rise up that list this year.
They have SAM BRADFORD ahead of Kap

I think those two are better QBs at the moment. But they have so much more experience.

Bradford though...lol
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jul 17, 2015 at 12:33 PM ]
two andy daltons huh?
Originally posted by NCommand:

Meh. Until these rankings factor in the TYPES of offenses these players play in, they are all moot to me. For instance, QB-centric offenses under QB's such as Romo, Rivers, Bradford, etc. could throw for 50 INT's and would always be ranked higher than CK who (under HaRoman), played in a run-heavy, complimentary-passing offense.

Romo is a bad example(at least last year). Dallas had more rushing attempts and yards than the Niners last year. They also had less passing attempts but more yards than the Niners.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
They have SAM BRADFORD ahead of Kap
That makes this list is invalid.
imo:
Stafford, Newton, Ryan, Bradford too high.
Kap, Flacco, Dalton too low. Dalton isn't that good, but he's not 23rd.
That was a terrible article through and through.

You know its bad when the graphic for each QB takes up three times the lines as their "analysis."
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Romo is a bad example(at least last year). Dallas had more rushing attempts and yards than the Niners last year. They also had less passing attempts but more yards than the Niners.

That's actually a good point. You'd have to grade on efficiency WITHIN the offenses schemes (whatever they were...QB-centric offense or complimentary to run-dominant offense or somewhere in between). Romo, I believe, probably had his best year ever...but under a totally different offensive scheme and philosophy.

If you had one game to play against a top defense and you can pick any QB you want, I promise you Kap would not be the 17th selection. He's such an X factor. I dont think he would be top five, but somewhere between 5 and 10 is very realistic. Shoot, if I had to play against Seattle, he'd be in my top 3.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
seems really high.

a QB that runs out of bounds for a 4 yard loss instead of just throwing the ball away, should definitely be much lower than 17.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
seems really high.

a QB that runs out of bounds for a 4 yard loss instead of just throwing the ball away, should definitely be much lower than 17.

troll troll troll your boat, gently down the stream.
I would like to see Kurt Warner's rankings
Share 49ersWebzone