LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

NFC West PFF Depth Chart comparison

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by crake49:
Let's see, Kaepernick is 'average' and the same chart has Boone as 'good.' Hoooooookay. You know, if Boone had just done his job and blocked a pass rusher once in a while last year, maybe Kaepernick would be 'good' too.

PFF listed some stat where Boone did not give up a pressure or sack in the last 8 games of 2014. Through film evidence I provided, that was a lie. Like stated above, take PFF with a grain of salt.

I take PFF with a big ol' spoonful of salt personally. I hate it when subjective football evaluation is presented as if objective.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erphan:
On the Indianapolis Colts page they have Gore as "Average" (yellow). That certainly can't be based on career stats and it's hard to accept even if you restrict it to last year given his production last year. I don't see how with his excellent blocking and being ninth in rushing yards that he shouldn't have been rated as at least "Good".

They attributed most of Gore's success the last few years on the line, Miller, and VD's run blocking. They're not always right, but seem to have a pretty good grasp on their grades. Staley, Boone, and Kilgore all graded out very well run blocking, so hopefully that lends to even more success with Hyde. Here are there offensive grades for 2012 and 2013 including playoffs.

Yes, they do. I linked to the main page in the OP that itself links to pages for each team. On each team page there is a graphic with each player and their grade. Here's the one for the 49ers offense:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/06/04/2015-depth-charts-update-san-francisco-49ers/

Not a terrible list.

Where I disagree:

- I'd put Kaepernick in the "good" category
- I think Bruce Miller is at least "high quality" as a Fullback

Vernon is a tough one to rank. 2013 Vernon was elite. 2014 Vernon was below average. I suppose "average" is a fair ranking for the moment.

Also, I fully expect Hyde to be - at the least - "good," if not "high quality" this season at RB, but I understand ranking him as "average" at this point
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Yes, they do. I linked to the main page in the OP that itself links to pages for each team. On each team page there is a graphic with each player and their grade. Here's the one for the 49ers offense:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/06/04/2015-depth-charts-update-san-francisco-49ers/

Not a terrible list.

Where I disagree:

- I'd put Kaepernick in the "good" category
- I think Bruce Miller is at least "high quality" as a Fullback

Vernon is a tough one to rank. 2013 Vernon was elite. 2014 Vernon was below average. I suppose "average" is a fair ranking for the moment.

Also, I fully expect Hyde to be - at the least - "good," if not "high quality" this season at RB, but I understand ranking him as "average" at this point

I think overall they have a very solid offense so far from a pure personnel stand point. We have a couple good offensive lineman as well as an elite one, we really need someone to step up at guard and need pears to play at an average level. Hyde, I wouldn't be surprised if he was any where from average to high quality, really depends on our oline. Davis might be the most likely to take a jump back to elitehood this year which would be a huge jump for our passing game. I think kap plays at a good level. That would make us very good on offense as long as geep can utilize the weapons.
Share 49ersWebzone