LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

I just realized...(Outside Linebackers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crake49:
I'm just hoping at least one of the players stepping into his position can pull that same trick of blasting two linemen and letting Aldon sweep around behind him.

Agree and believe between Armstead, Carradine and the other young guys there may be a gamer in the bunch. If several work out the team will be in great shape! LBs are strong, plenty of really good DBs to train...if not this year then the D should be very good soon after.

As for a guy who can take on multiple OL to help the OLBs, Armstead looked like a man among boys at Oregon. He is huge and has room to add weight, so I'll hope for him to be a beast. But we never know how guys will turn out. Justin Smiths don't come along very often.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Well, if it was up to me, and I would employ the Giants "SPEED FOUR" when it's an obvious passing situation.. Just like the Giants (vs Pats, 1st Super Bowl match up), I would put four DE and have them create the havoc..

DE - Aldon / Eli

DT - Tank

DT - Lynch

DE - Brooks

Actually I can see the front seven on obvious passing downs as

DE-Aldon DT-Tank DTDocket DE Lynch

LB Brooks LB Bowman Tarrt
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Easily the top unit on the team.

I said this in another thread but before the retirement season started our LBs were stacked beyong belief.

Willis, Bow, Borland, Aldon, Brooks, and Lynch.

Holy studs!

Still shocked pat retired.

We all are. I just had no idea he was hurting that much and that toe injury where he slammed it on the turf (nasty) was ultimately the last straw. Such a bummer. But I do love how Bowman has stepped up. He's the man now. And he's ALL about business
Turf toe type injuries can be the toughest to recover from, most people just see the toe as a small part of the foot, but if you actually think about how you walk and the weight distribution on the area as you push off or plant on it can be excruciating on the toe and the ball joint right behind it.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No. The toe might get better.

Since when are we projecting harold as elite performer before his first training camp.

How are we FASTER at ilb.
The toe will get better, but never 100%, he will never be the same for football. If you are not careful, you can easily re-injure it as it never goes away, just like pneumonia and it will only end up causing him harm like severe arthritis.
The keys will be several things-proper matchups, rotation to keep players fresh and so that desire more playing time, and enough playing time to get the players into a groove. If the DL does well then the LB's will be excelling to the hilt.
Share 49ersWebzone