LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 156 users in the forums

I just realized...(Outside Linebackers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
No idea why this is brought up in a thread focusing on outside linebackers, but okay. Considering Willis has retired, yes please.

No. The toe might get better.

Since when are we projecting harold as elite performer before his first training camp.

How are we FASTER at ilb.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Will you all take a 1st rounder from Dallas if they were to offer that to us for the rights of Willis..

Willis once said that he used to be a Dallas Cowboy fan..

No idea why this is brought up in a thread focusing on outside linebackers, but okay. Considering Willis has retired, yes please.

my apology if this question came to my mind at the last minute, did you rather I create another THREAD for such question?
  • thl408
Will you all take a 1st rounder from Dallas if they were to offer that to us for the rights of Willis..

my apology if this question came to my mind at the last minute, did you rather I create another THREAD for such question?

Before you do that, ask yourself why DAL would trade for a retired player. Let's stay on topic.
Not to mention they still could see a breakout year from Lemonier. Certainly not banking on it but I'm sure he knows it's a make or break year.

another 9moon trade special...lol
Yes this is a very strong area this year & i hope Mangini let's them play loose & aggressive all season long.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
don't forget lemonaide

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Lynch plays with more ferocity than aldon.
He needs to be starting as soon as possible.
If aldon ups his game play-to-play, then lynch and aldon become an elite- level force.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Lynch plays with more ferocity than aldon.
He needs to be starting as soon as possible.
If aldon ups his game play-to-play, then lynch and aldon become an elite- level force.

Dude Aldon is already elite... Lynch has a ways to go before you can put them on the same tier...

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Just another example of how talented this team really is. We're flying under the radar big-time.

Couldn't agree more, the great fact is that they're all mostly home grown. The staff knows what they have, the rest of the league will know soon enough.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Just another example of how talented this team really is. We're flying under the radar big-time.

Couldn't agree more, the great fact is that they're all mostly home grown. The staff knows what they have, the rest of the league will know soon enough.

Opposing Qbs are going to be very unhappy if they believed the UNhype about our team. I think we are still a powerhouse. Just got to let these guys play and play to win. Offense and defense.

Kill em all, let gawd sort em out
Well, if it was up to me, and I would employ the Giants "SPEED FOUR" when it's an obvious passing situation.. Just like the Giants (vs Pats, 1st Super Bowl match up), I would put four DE and have them create the havoc..

DE - Aldon / Eli

DT - Tank

DT - Lynch

DE - Brooks

That's a great strategy! Niners need to utilize all strengths.

I hope it stays that way.

Then when we shock the world all the clones on TV will be gushing and trying to jump on the bandwagon.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No. The toe might get better.

Since when are we projecting harold as elite performer before his first training camp.

How are we FASTER at ilb.

It's pretty much a push. Bowman's still very fast from what we've heard so far and I'm not sure Willis was still faster in his last couple of years than Wilhoit is right now. He had lost a couple of steps - we all should know that by now.
Share 49ersWebzone