There are 213 users in the forums

I just realized...(Outside Linebackers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That we have:

Aldon Smith
Ahmad Brooks
Aaron Lynch
Eli Harold

Can you say NON-STOP PASS RUSH FROM THE OUTSIDE????

We gotta make sure we don't get squeezed with screen passes to the sidelines and keep everything contained in the middle for Bowman and Tartt to clean up!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Well, if it was up to me, and I would employ the Giants "SPEED FOUR" when it's an obvious passing situation.. Just like the Giants (vs Pats, 1st Super Bowl match up), I would put four DE and have them create the havoc..

DE - Aldon / Eli

DT - Tank

DT - Lynch

DE - Brooks
Easily the top unit on the team.

I said this in another thread but before the retirement season started our LBs were stacked beyong belief.

Willis, Bow, Borland, Aldon, Brooks, and Lynch.

Holy studs!
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 30, 2015 at 1:00 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I said this in another thread but before the retirement season started our LBs were stacked beyong belief.

Holy studs!

Still shocked pat retired.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Holy studs!

Still shocked pat retired.

We all are. I just had no idea he was hurting that much and that toe injury where he slammed it on the turf (nasty) was ultimately the last straw. Such a bummer. But I do love how Bowman has stepped up. He's the man now. And he's ALL about business
Just another example of how talented this team really is. We're flying under the radar big-time.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Just another example of how talented this team really is. We're flying under the radar big-time.

I like that tremendously. As long as our opponents underestimate us it'll all work out.

They're making jokes about the Niners throughout the division. Everyone seems to have bought into a media narrative that I don't think is that accurate. This team is going to have a very powerful pass rush. Bowman and Wilhoit will be a strong ILB team. And there's lots of size and speed in the secondary.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I like that tremendously. As long as our opponents underestimate us it'll all work out.

Definitely, I love being underestimated. People are gonna be really surprised this year, we have a very talented team.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Lynch should be starting over Brooks.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Lynch should be starting over Brooks.

This will happen eventually. If not sometime this year, most likely next year. Brooks still has value on early-downs, he's pretty good at playing the run and providing some pass rush. I expect Lynch to get the vast majority of snaps on passing downs, he's clearly the superior pass-rusher now.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

I bet teams are going to look forward to playing us, a lot of org. are going to get punched in the mouth...

I see the nickel 4 as:

DE Aldon
DT Tank
DT Dockett
DE Lynch

Lynch is a better pass rusher... Hopefully Dockett fully recovers...

I think what's going to make the D elite is Tartt playing Wilhoite's nickel role... He is so fun to watch...
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Jun 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Will you all take a 1st rounder from Dallas if they were to offer that to us for the rights of Willis..

Willis once said that he used to be a Dallas Cowboy fan..
  • thl408
Originally posted by 9moon:
Will you all take a 1st rounder from Dallas if they were to offer that to us for the rights of Willis..

Willis once said that he used to be a Dallas Cowboy fan..

No idea why this is brought up in a thread focusing on outside linebackers, but okay. Considering Willis has retired, yes please.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
We definately have the talent with our outside LBs. In fact, our entire defense looks stacked. We may have lost Justin & Patrick but i strongly feel we got younger, stronger, healthier & FASTER! only thing is that we lack the experience so i'm sure that will play a part in our wins & losses this year.
Share 49ersWebzone