LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Kaepernick or Wilson?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Kaepernick or Wilson?

Put kap on that team, a team with the best RB and #1 defense multiple years now, and you would have just as good if not better results.

Put wilson on this team under harbaughs system and the reasons why wilson went in the 3rd would be more evident then ever.

Remember before kap got his deal how everyone here was saying trade him for picks because we could plug and play any half decent QB with our defense and run game? Well it seems like Seattles FO feels similarly about Wilson.
  • Jiks
When we went to the SB and NFCCs didn't we have an equally spectacular defense, and great run game? Neither of these guys really were the main reason that their teams were so good. Both just did enough to help the other out.

Just trying to be fair here. Again I think it's 50/50.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 28, 2015 at 7:57 AM ]
Can't even lie.... Wilson.. he's got 1 huge skill kap struggles with and that's accuracy...
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Wilson, but not by the margin the media has him ahead by. IMO they're about on the same tier.

Edit: I must add that even though Wilson has a ring, you have to credit Kap for some of his playoff performances. The guy steps up, and that's definitely worth mentioning. I can only imagine the s**t storm if Kap threw 4 int in the NGCCG then a Malcolm Butler type pick to end the SB.
[ Edited by Homer on Jun 28, 2015 at 8:52 AM ]
  • Sosa
There's a reason you're hesitant to trade Colin for Russell.

Lynch is almost a lock for 100 yd game against us and Russ still struggles. Kap plays against one of the best secondaries ever, while his RB does nothing. Oh yea he also has to deal with the loudest stadium in the world.

Russ has it so easy, it's amazing how close Kap came to pretty much singlehandedly beating Russ and the seahawks in their house in the nfccg.
  • Sosa
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
When we went to the SB and NFCCs didn't we have an equally spectacular defense, and great run game? Neither of these guys really were the main reason that their teams were so good. Both just did enough to help the other out.

Not quite as spectacular as what Russ had. That and our defense and run game didnt show up when it mattered (SB 12, nfccg 13) but Kaepernick did. Seahawks run game and defense showed up big time when it mattered.

Are you kidding me? The 2012 Playoff/Superbowl run was more a product of Kaps play more so then anything Wilson's done in the post season. Our defense made some nice plays (ie: the red zone stand against the falcons), but had they been playing like they were earlier in the season the NFCCG and Superbowl would have been blowouts and we'd have our 6th

2013 was definitely a bit more even but how many other QBS could have went to Greenbay and lit up the Packers like Kap did. Carolina was a beautiful game on both offense and defense. In the NFCCG kap had us leading for most of the game until the defense made one of the dumbest mistakes (jumping offsides giving Seattle a free play on 4th down!). Eventually they scored and took the lead. That put us into desperation mode and thas when the mistakes came both by Kap and the coaching staff. I should remind you, no one on offense was doing anything but Kap. How many yards did gore avg a carry? You don't even want to look it up. It's depressing. Now look to other side and see that Lynch average 5 a clip. Do you not think that the outcome would have been different had gore done anything close to that?

How was the 2013 SB not completely on the Seahawks defense? Wilson wasn't doing s**t that game. 2014, Had it not been for GB having such a terrible defense Wilson would have never made it to the superbowl. Had it not been for one of the flukiest catches ever, Wilson would have never even been in a position to win the 2014 SB.

Like I said, put Kap in that system with that RB and that defense and there's no doubt in my mind Seattle is even more dominant. Put Wilson in harbaughs system and we'd probably never made any of those post season runs.
[ Edited by Dsoto87 on Jun 28, 2015 at 8:22 AM ]
I would not trade Kaepernick for Russell Wilson. It's highly possible that we will have three linemen 6'8" tall. Also, don't forget that Russell threw 4 picks in the NFC championship game (which the Packers blew) and the pick to lose the Super Bowl. In 2012 Kap came back from huge deficits in both the championship game and super bowl. He was our only offense in the 2013 playoffs. Watch us in Lambeau field in 2013 and tell me he stinks. 2014 was an off year. Wilson will have them too. Soon, likely, considering his choking in 2014. I realize the national media and everyone here would want Russell, but Kaepernick 's my quarterback. Wilson is all about the $$ and fame.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Are you kidding me? The 2012 Playoff/Superbowl run was more a product of Kaps play more so then anything Wilson's done in the post season. Our defense made some nice plays (ie: the red zone stand against the falcons), but had they been playing like they were earlier in the season the NFCCG and Superbowl would have been blowouts and we'd have our 6th

2013 was definitely a bit more even but how many other QBS could have went to Greenbay and lit up the Packers like Kap did. Carolina was a beautiful game on both offense and defense. In the NFCCG kap had us leading for most of the game until the defense made one of the dumbest mistakes (jumping offsides giving Seattle a free play on 4th down!). Eventually they scored and took the lead. That put us into desperation mode and thas when the mistakes came both by Kap and the coaching staff. I should remind you, no one on offense was doing anything but Kap. How many yards did gore avg a carry? You don't even want to look it up. It's depressing. Now look to other side and see that Lynch average 5 a clip. Do you not think that the outcome would have been different had gore done anything close to that?

How was the 2013 SB not completely on the Seahawks defense? Wilson wasn't doing s**t that game. 2014, Had it not been for GB having such a terrible defense Wilson would have never made it to the superbowl. Had it not been for one of the flukiest catches ever, Wilson would have never even been in a position to win the 2014 SB.

Like I said, put Kap in that system with that RB and that defense and there's no doubt in my mind Seattle is even more dominant. Put Wilson in harbaughs system and we'd probably never made any of those post season runs.

You're right but we went 8-8 this year and that's not overly great. Especially with having a top 5-10 ranked defense. Now I'm not pinning this season on Kaep solely but I'm pointing out that our lack of offensive production did play a role.

2012 Kaep was phenomenal, no doubt. 2013 our defense allowed 20 pts, 10 pts, and 23 pts(loss). That's plenty winnable, and the game was decided by 3 turnovers in a row by Kaep, one that led to a huge FG without even having to move the ball.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 28, 2015 at 9:01 AM ]
You're right but we went 8-8 this year and that's not overly great. Especially with having a top 5-10 ranked defense. Now I'm not pinning this season on Kaep solely but I'm pointing out that our lack of offensive production did play a role.

2012 Kaep was phenomenal, no doubt. 2013 our defense allowed 20 pts, 10 pts, and 23 pts(loss). That's plenty winnable, and the game was decided by 3 turnovers in a row by Kaep, one that led to a huge FG without even having to move the ball.

So why mention the offense did play a role and the whole 8-8 stuff at all if its null ?

Wilson never had to shoulder the team to a win...and when it is up to him...he loses
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jun 28, 2015 at 9:10 AM ]

And let's be honest here too...Bevell is no superstar OC but he utilized Wilson way better than HaRoman in CK. They invited the pass rush to throw to their TEs, utilized 3 different RB's in the passing game, worked hard on deeper passes, practiced backyard plays until Wilson's arm fell off, had a ZBS, actually targeted the middle of the field, got Wilson out on the move to pass or run, handed the ball off to Lynch once inside the RZ (we saw what happens when they went away from what works ala their's and our final SB drive, etc.), etc. To me it wasn't even close.

Bevell > HaRoman and it's not even close IMHO.

Lets see how Geep/Logan use CK now before we make any real comparison.
Another thing

When playing Seattle head to head...it's how can we beat seattles defense....not how do we stop Wilson
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

This, big time.
Wilson just heaves the ball up and let's the receivers jump and fight for it. No accuracy involved.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
So why mention the offense did play a role and the whole 8-8 stuff at all if its null ?

Wilson never had to shoulder the team to a win...and when it is up to him...he loses

It's not null, I said it wasn't the only problem, but it was a problem, going back to my point that both these guys needed their defense to be successful. Neither if these guys carried their teams. Do you disagree?
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 28, 2015 at 9:32 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone