There are 212 users in the forums

Who was the 9ers' biggest loss this offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who was the 9ers' biggest loss this offseason?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
None of the above

Kind of this. If this was 2012 all these losses would be catastrophic. 2015? Not as big as you think...

Lolz multiple pro bowl players gone but no big losses.

Put down the kool-aid yo
Can't even put it down to answer a simple question about who is the biggest loss. You have to pick one lol.

Lets see... No one! Everything is awesome! Every move brilliant!

Every move was correct and every guy on that list is replaceable?

How easy.

Gotta say whatever it takes to support the agenda to back up the narrative in the romper room.
None of the above

Kind of this. If this was 2012 all these losses would be catastrophic. 2015? Not as big as you think...

Put down the kool-aid yo
Can't even put it down to answer a simple question about who is the biggest loss. You have to pick one lol.

How easy.

Gotta say whatever it takes to support the agenda to back up the narrative in the romper room.

Yeah the sky is falling we are going 0-16, we should just pack up the bags its over and we havent played a game..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I dont know what ur talking about.

I think the loss of iupati, crabtree, cox, skuta and stevie Johnson are no big deal. Those were good losses imo.

The others i think are important pieces with gore being the biggest loss. Those were not good losses imo.

Zomg i had a negative opinion and a positive one! Fancy that!

Some posters can't even post a single guy on that list they think is a loss. As if all of those losses are easily replaced and were good moves and won't effect us at all. All of them?
they are all x niners to me and they mean nothing to me anymore. davis hurt but if he did not want to be here i do not want him here, gee i picked a player. imagine that. i am sad about justin and willis but i also know they were not the justin and willis of two years ago. gore is going to be the easiest to replace in regards to on the field production cuz we have three good running backs and davis plus ck. he can be replaced in regards to blocking by hunter and of course our fullback miller. in terms of leadership and being a voice for the team,, reggie is already doing that,,, besides gore was not worth a multi year deal given his age and the tread on his wheels. you will NEVER catch me saying i wish we had one of the x niners back this coming year
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
None of the above

Put down the kool-aid yo

How easy.

Yeah the sky is falling we are going 0-16, we should just pack up the bags its over and we havent played a game..

It doesn't hurt to say that losing a good player will impact the team. It's called reality.
None of the above

Put down the kool-aid yo

How easy.

All things considered (travel, schedule, new staff) that's probably a more likely scenario than winning or sniffing the super bowl. That's not what I wish for, that's just my opinion.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
None of the above

Put down the kool-aid yo

How easy.

All things considered (travel, schedule, new staff) that's probably a more likely scenario than winning or sniffing the super bowl. That's not what I wish for, that's just my opinion.

I never said superbowl, but I could see us a playoff team, maybe a team that goes 10-6 and misses the playoffs. Either way, this team is still better then it was 2007-2010.
  • thl408

It ain't Romper Room, it's Mr. Roger's Neighborhood because it's always a beautiful day.

I voted ADavis because good tackles are at a premium in the league. Hurts to lose one that young. If Boone replaces him then it's all good, but that has to happen first. I don't know anything about Trenton Brown so I can't put much stock into a 7th rounder.
None of the above

Put down the kool-aid yo

How easy.

Jed employees loyal
It doesn't hurt to say that losing a good player will impact the team. It's called reality.

Seriously, why does this get stirred into the same pot as wanting the team to fail? According to some of the posters in this thread, everyone outside of the we ozone all pro homer team is wrong in thinking the team might miss a handful of all pro players. Some of which are borderline hall of famers.

I like the optimism regarding most of the younger players but only a serious homer would think players like Gore, Davis and Willis will not be missed. Not everyone is replaceable. Especially the way Baalke has been drafting the past 3 seasons and then you throw in entirely new coaching staff on top of that.

Let's hope the last two draft classes buck the learning curve and come out balling. I think this will take a season or two to overcome. There's still a lot of talent there and I expect the 49ers to be competitive but winning the west in 2015 seems like a LONG shot to me.
None of the above

Put down the kool-aid yo

How easy.

Agreed. It's also not hard to recognize much of that on-field production was already in the process of being replaced last year+ while also looking forward to the new era players. It's not like we are in a position where we're going from Gore to Boobie or Willis to Moody or Davis to Snyder/J.Martin again mid season. We have time. Most production should easily be replaced (i.e. Gore) even if it's more by committee now vs. one sole person that's leaned on 100%.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 25, 2015 at 8:33 PM ]

None of the above

Put down the kool-aid yo

How easy.

I never said superbowl, but I could see us a playoff team, maybe a team that goes 10-6 and misses the playoffs. Either way, this team is still better then it was 2007-2010.
I didn't say you did, but since you decided to use "0-16" as an extreme example, I wanted to present the other side of that coin. We might be much better than 2007-2010, but so is our division and strength of schedule. Every team in our division was worthy of the playoffs last year. The Rams fell on hard times, but they have been stacking talent since that horrific (for us) trade with the Redskins. They could easily go from worst to first in an off-season, imo. We are no longer the NFC Weak. Furthermore, our over strength of schedule is much more difficult than when we blew for 10 years straight.

With all that said, I think the talent and experience on this team wins us at least 6 games. If we dont have a huge fall off on defense, we might be able to steal 10, regardless of the offense (assuming low turnover ratios).
I voted Borland. The other losses hurt in the short-term, but Borland retiring hurts long-term. We absolutely stole him in the 3rd rd. Based on the way he played last year, he had perennial pro-bowler written all over him. He's young and was locked up for at least 3 more years on his rookie deal. Losing him sucked big time.

2nd biggest loss is a tie between Willis and Cowboy. Their replacements are not as good, period. It was their time tho. Both guys felt their bodies were breaking down and couldn't consistently perform at an elite level anymore.

3rd biggest was Gore. We'll miss his leadership and savvy running style, but I have a ton of confidence in Hyde. I feel like he's going to have a huge year. Dude looks explosive and runs violently.
Easy, Frank Gore aka Frankie baby... because he was the heart of this team and we could always depend on him.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I voted Borland. The other losses hurt in the short-term, but Borland retiring hurts long-term. We absolutely stole him in the 3rd rd. Based on the way he played last year, he had perennial pro-bowler written all over him. He's young and was locked up for at least 3 more years on his rookie deal. Losing him sucked big time.

2nd biggest loss is a tie between Willis and Cowboy. Their replacements are not as good, period. It was their time tho. Both guys felt their bodies were breaking down and couldn't consistently perform at an elite level anymore.

3rd biggest was Gore. We'll miss his leadership and savvy running style, but I have a ton of confidence in Hyde. I feel like he's going to have a huge year. Dude looks explosive and runs violently.

I'm not saying its all doom and gloom, but when I look back at this off-season and I can't even believe whats transpired.

Cowboy, not so much, but Willis, Borland and AD. What in the world...?
I'm not saying its all doom and gloom, but when I look back at this off-season and I can't even believe whats transpired.

Cowboy, not so much, but Willis, Borland and AD. What in the world...?

Very odd off-season to say the least. I've never seen a mass exodus like this. Usually when you lose this much talent its preceded by salary cap problems. Our guys just flat out walked away from the game in the prime of their careers. Weirdest off-season ever, but it might be a growing trend in the league to see guys retire before they completely ruin their bodies.
Share 49ersWebzone