LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Who was the 9ers' biggest loss this offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who was the 9ers' biggest loss this offseason?

Inspired by this MM post: http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/nfc-west-rival-gore-was-49ers-biggest-loss

Curious about others' thoughts.
FWIW I voted Anthony Davis, not because he was even close to being the best player, but just because I think the 9ers were least equipped to replace him.
Well it's EASILY Willis, Cmon now!

our team leader has retired too early in his time.

Otherwise Iupati, Screw AD. Damn quitter.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Willis, bar none..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Willis, gore, Justin and Davis man we lost some talent and leadership. SMH
I voted Gore
None of the above
Gore. He was our only consistant weapon.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Pat
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
None of the above

Kind of this. If this was 2012 all these losses would be catastrophic. 2015? Not as big as you think...

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Skuta lol

Willis for sure. Shocker. Still hurting.
I think it's Borland. Future Pro Bowl potentially All Pro LB who graded out the highest ever by PFF in his rookie year.
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Jun 25, 2015 at 1:24 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:
None of the above

Kind of this. If this was 2012 all these losses would be catastrophic. 2015? Not as big as you think...

Lolz multiple pro bowl players gone but no big losses.

Put down the kool-aid yo
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
I think it's Borland. Future Pro Bowl potentially All Pro LB who graded out the highest ever by PFF on rid rookie year.

Good one...he and A.Davis were still very young and had long careers ahead of themselves with a ton of talent. Plus their timing blew.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NCommand:
None of the above

Lolz multiple pro bowl players gone but no big losses.

Put down the kool-aid yo

In Back to the Future, you'd be correct.

Put is this way sus...which would you rather have (LOL):

Gore today plus his contract or Hyde/Davis/Hunter/Bush and a new ZBS?
Iupati today and his monster contract with piss poor pass protection and one-trick pony ability (pull block) or a cheaper, younger Thomas with more upside or Boone?
A. Davis today as a fatass lazy Twitter whore with his fat contract or Boone or someone who's willing to slim down, work hard and give it a go?
Crabtree's half-ass efforts and his contract or anybody else who is cable of using a walker?
J. Smith with one arm for the 3rd year in a row (hoping he can make it through more than 13 games) taking up snaps at a high salary or Carradine/Dockett/AA/Doresey
Willis with no feet left (or toe) and a huge contract or Wilhoite starting year 2 next to Bowman?
Borland sitting on his couch watching NFL Network or Bowman back and starting next to Wilhoite?
Culliver's big contract or Johnson, Wright, Brock, Acker and Reaser fighting for those spots at a fraction of the cost?
Cox's big contract and inconsistent play or Ward, Tartt, Wright, Brock, Acker, Reaser, etc. vying for that SLOT CB spot?
Skuta's big contract or Eli taking those snaps and/or the Lemonier who is now getting coached up better and improving?
S. Johnson's contract and unpredictable route-running or T.Smith, White, Ellington, Patton, Dres, etc. taking those snaps?

In some case you may want the latter and that's fine but it's important to stick to reality in 2015 and not that of 2012.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 25, 2015 at 1:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone