There are 172 users in the forums

Anybody only watch football, and is bitter about these Bay Area teams winning???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
dont worry bro. we're coming

The 49ers are the only team that regardless of the score or standings I watch no matter what. Even during the dark ages of the Nolan, Singletary eras I'm watching even though we're down 4 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, cheering a first down. I'm a sports fan and the best thing for me is to see competition at the highest level. When you see what the team or player is made of under extreme pressure is what sports is all about.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by NCommand:
To me it's just more validation the bay-area sports is the #$^&*. 5 Superbowls, NBA title and 3 World Series? Maybe the East Coast should start covering US?

But I'm with many in here...the window is FAR from being closed...this is just the new generation of players finally getting their shots now that the older regime has moved on with grace. These are exciting times and I can't WAIT to see the camp battles at a few of the positions we don't have bonefide starters already. We can't forget two that we had our chances as well (probably could have had 2 Superbowls TBH).

Either way, that is a TON of success for one bay area and you can't help but love it! And the fact that the Warriors and Giants are huge fans of our Niners too is special and likewise.

a nba title?

Real fans would know this is the teams 4th championship, 2nd in the bay area

Well duh...was referring to more recent events...1 dynasty in baseball now, 1 NBA title and a very successful Niner team that was knocking on the doorstep of a championship as well...plus a history of it's own dynasty. The point: lots to be excited about in the bay area now.

but you listed 5 SB's, not that they almost won a few years ago? I'm pretty sure you thought this was their first 7hip.

- Die Hard Warrior since 2010
I'm literally the only one of all my friends who isn't a true fan of the Warriors, but I rooted for them though because I'm from the Bay.

The bandwagoners crack me up though, most of these people I know are suddenly all flamed out.
I posted somewhere else that I'm glad the Warriors won. I'm not an NBA fan, but I just can't stand james. So I was pulling for you guys all the way. Baseball, I am a little jealous, I'm a royals fan, we've been terrible for years. And Maddison kicked our butts. So I figure the bay owes me one, give me another lombardi, and all is forgiven.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I agree, great for the bay area. Too bad the Santa Clara 49ers aren't there anymore.

I agree, great for the bay area. Too bad the Santa Clara 49ers aren't there anymore.

go to your room and cry
Not bitter in any way manner of form.

You may want to try getting out more.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Basketball may not be my favorite sport. But since they represent my home town. I am happy. Watching them go from the Mullin days. To absolute garbage. Then a brief glimmer with Jamison and arenas..back to garbage then that first round win against the mavericks. God who was our guy that year who went to the clippers it's on top of my tonuge..to see this team come together and win like they did yeah I'm happy they were like a bunch of wolves..nipping and tiring the larger prey..enjoy it man. I am here in Oregon. Just wishing I was back home to experience this.
but you listed 5 SB's, not that they almost won a few years ago? I'm pretty sure you thought this was their first 7hip.

- Die Hard Warrior since 2010

With all due respect, I was a fan back when they had Chris Webber but I have NO doubt you are a bigger fan for sure...I was never much of a NBA fan TBH. Respect though.

I get the most underwhelming feeling when watching the giants and now warriors win titles. I was rooting for them and watched many games but dont follow either sport even a fraction of what I do with football.

162 games. f**k that.
82 games. f**k that.

16 games where every single game could be the difference between a post season berth or not. Now that's exciting. Screw these best of 7 series. The whole time watching the game all I could think is it really doesn't matter if they lost cause they'll get another chance. On the other side you got 1 game elimination matches. Everything is on the line.

Sorry for the rant. TLDR football>anything else. At the end all I was thinking was, man I can't wait until football starts.

It was a cool moment though. My son got to see a historic team and will be able to tell his children when he's older he saw it all.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I don't care about any other sport. All I care about is the 9ers. I can't help be bitter and a bit jealous of the Giants and Warriors success.....I want that for the 9ers!! Can anybody else relate???

I am wicha big homie. Same here my passion is Niners football i can watch other sports here n there but i am not constantly looking up updates on my other teams from other sports like i do with my Niners i want our 6th Lombardi so bad. I still remember like if it was yesterday crying after we beat Atlanta in the NFC Championship thinking the easy part was next & we had the Finally earn our right to become Champions once again, i should of known nothing is handed to you in sports especially when politics & corruption is part of the game. Still waiting & still envious of the rest.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

you are always accusing me of trying to find ways to bash the old coach,,, do you ever really look in the mirror?
Originally posted by cciowa:

you are always accusing me of trying to find ways to bash the old coach,,, do you ever really look in the mirror?

He's trying to f**k with you. He's from Detroit. He doesn't even realize SC is still in the bay area. lol
As far as the Giants go they are what has kept me going especially when last football season sucked. I absolutely hate, hate, hate anything Oakland and wish the A's and Raiders would just move away, although I revel in the fact neither has won anything in forever and the A's are particularly bad this season. As for the Warriors until they move to SF I can't stand them and this year's Finals was my worst nightmare having to hear how awesome LeBron is as well as the entire Warriors team. I'm a huge Jordan fan and haven't really watched the NBA since I stopped betting and haven't enjoyed the NBA since Jordan retired. The only consolation I received was that the Warriors won on the road and LeBron lost. He will never ever be better or as good as Jordan I don't care what anyone says. Michael never would have left to play with Magic and Bird so he could win a title. Since Michael left the NBA it just feels different and hasn't been the same IMO. The NFL is my favorite sport, the others are just time fillers so the further the 49ers go the longer I can enjoy the entire NFL. As soon as they stop playing I can't watch anymore football it hurts to much.

The only football I watched after Week 17 last year was the last two minutes of the SB hoping and praying NE would pull it out. Then I can't even watch the NFL Network or any football related material for at least 3 months unless it's old footage of 80's SF 49ers games and highlights. So now the Warriors have a title which doesn't really bother me as much as how it's all they talk about on the 49ers flagship station. For me I only want to hear about what the Giants and 49ers do are doing. I hope once the Warriors move into the city I will feel differently but it may take a few years.
Share 49ersWebzone