LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

Anybody only watch football, and is bitter about these Bay Area teams winning???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't care about any other sport. All I care about is the 9ers. I can't help be bitter and a bit jealous of the Giants and Warriors success.....I want that for the 9ers!! Can anybody else relate???
Nope! Our turn is coming.
I love my Niners, Dubs, Giants, Sharks. So nope, can't relate.

As for the 49ers, the window is still open. Perhaps not quite as open as it was from 2011-2013, but still open. The next couple years are critical. They have to be right about Tomsula. They have to be right about Kaepernick. They have to make the right tweaks and re-fortify the roster with new talent to replace the departures. They do that and they can be right back on the doorstep of a Super Bowl very soon.

We've all seen how quickly things can turn in the NFL. It's almost a year-to-year deal. No reason why the 49ers can't put themselves back in contention.
nfl>nba>mlb. football is way more exciting to watch than basketball and baseball.
Well i always tell myself, it's nice to the see the Giants and Warriors win it all, cause i am a fan of both teams.

BUT... being a fan those teams don't match the love that i got for the 49ers. like i'm happy for the Bay area.

but i'll be real happy when the 49ers win it all! that's when ill go nuts!
No hate....it is what it is
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
No hate....it is what it is

agree with you. i am not sure what goes through some peoples minds sometimes why would i be jealous of a baseball or basketball team
For me it's much harder to watch Seattle win a Super Bowl, than the Giants and Warriors winning. All in all it's good for the Bay Area. Try being a Mets fan, and a 49er fan in Connecticut. Don't have any real NBA team, but I really like the Kings.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
lol

How do you think Cleveland feels?
Browns have never won a Super Bowl, never even been to one. Cavs never won a 7hip and the Indians haven't won a WS since 1948

To me it's just more validation the bay-area sports is the #$^&*. 5 Superbowls, NBA title and 3 World Series (2 dynasties)? Maybe the East Coast should start covering US?

But I'm with many in here...the window is FAR from being closed...this is just the new generation of players finally getting their shots now that the older regime has moved on with grace. These are exciting times and I can't WAIT to see the camp battles at a few of the positions we don't have bonefide starters already. We can't forget two that we had our chances as well (probably could have had 2 Superbowls TBH).

Either way, that is a TON of success for one bay area and you can't help but love it! And the fact that the Warriors and Giants are huge fans of our Niners too is special and likewise.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 17, 2015 at 6:58 AM ]

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by NCommand:
To me it's just more validation the bay-area sports is the #$^&*. 5 Superbowls, NBA title and 3 World Series? Maybe the East Coast should start covering US?

But I'm with many in here...the window is FAR from being closed...this is just the new generation of players finally getting their shots now that the older regime has moved on with grace. These are exciting times and I can't WAIT to see the camp battles at a few of the positions we don't have bonefide starters already. We can't forget two that we had our chances as well (probably could have had 2 Superbowls TBH).

Either way, that is a TON of success for one bay area and you can't help but love it! And the fact that the Warriors and Giants are huge fans of our Niners too is special and likewise.

a nba title?

Real fans would know this is the teams 4th championship, 2nd in the bay area
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by NCommand:
To me it's just more validation the bay-area sports is the #$^&*. 5 Superbowls, NBA title and 3 World Series? Maybe the East Coast should start covering US?

a nba title?

Real fans would know this is the teams 4th championship, 2nd in the bay area

Well duh...was referring to more recent events...1 dynasty in baseball now, 1 NBA title and a very successful Niner team that was knocking on the doorstep of a championship as well...plus a history of it's own dynasty. The point: lots to be excited about in the bay area now.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 17, 2015 at 7:00 AM ]
Stoked they've won championships but they aren't Super Bowls.
Its all happening in The Bay is how I see it. Just need the 49ers to grab a title to put this thing over the top and SF has to be the place of champions of the modern era.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I don't care about any other sport. All I care about is the 9ers. I can't help be bitter and a bit jealous of the Giants and Warriors success.....I want that for the 9ers!! Can anybody else relate???

I am in New England and I am not a fan of any other Bay Area team so i have mixed emotions about the Giants and Warriors titles. On one hand I am happy that niner fans have something to celebrate after 3 straight heartbreaking postseason losses and on the other hand I am bitter that the same group of 49er fans are happy while I still lament in the missed 49er opportunities to win a title. After the niners the Celtics and sox are next on my "Fandom list" and things certainly haven't been good there the last two years although I am lucky to have seen 4 titles in the last 15 years from those teams.
Share 49ersWebzone