LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

who will be the star of this defense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yeah paddles out, we could make the same mistake all over again with Mays. That's be great. Nothing like giving a loser another chance to, well....lose. So, no, probably not.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by thl408:
It's been dealt with.

If Lynch balls out with 14+ sacks, Aldon will most likely have a hand in it as he will probably draw a lot of attention when offenses slide protection towards Aldon. Aldon is a keeper. Lock him up - contractually, and in a cage so he doesn't get into trouble. I'm looking for Aldon to be the star because sacks are a sexier stat, moreso than tackles for loss (Bowman).

But bo has that playmaking ability(Not that Aldon doesnt), I think both will be stars and focal points.
I'd give Bow one more year to get healthy. Also, do we know what his assignment will be now that Willis is gone? I'm curious how often he'll be in coverage.
  • thl408
It's been dealt with.

If Lynch balls out with 14+ sacks, Aldon will most likely have a hand in it as he will probably draw a lot of attention when offenses slide protection towards Aldon. Aldon is a keeper. Lock him up - contractually, and in a cage so he doesn't get into trouble. I'm looking for Aldon to be the star because sacks are a sexier stat, moreso than tackles for loss (Bowman).

But bo has that playmaking ability(Not that Aldon doesnt), I think both will be stars and focal points.

But the thread title is "the star" (singular). So if you had to pick one, who would it be? My choice is Aldon.
It's been dealt with.

But the thread title is "the star" (singular). So if you had to pick one, who would it be? My choice is Aldon.

Ok, I see the reasoning. I would agree, only because of my slight trepidation due to Bo's injury. If he was healthy Id say he is the star of the TEAM.
be shocked if its not bowman or aldon. im fine with surprises tho if a new beast emerges
Aldon or Bowman. Cant pick one over the other because of the many variables in each players situation.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jun 17, 2015 at 11:51 PM ]
Bowman
Mangini
Levi Stadium
Aaron Lynch

Aldon and Bowman will both be All Pros and the stars of the defense.
I really get the feeling this is the year Mike Rumph breaks out.
For Aldon to have "Star" success he'll need others to also shine to avoid double & triple teams.

Someone, maybe Lynch, will have to be getting sacks or lots of pressures so they can't completely focus on Adon.
Bowman and Smith obviously.
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
Smith has everything to prove. Contract running down. Money to be made. Bowman should start firing in the second half of the season but will probably take him time to get back.
Share 49ersWebzone