There are 329 users in the forums

who will be the star of this defense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by susweel:
Jimmie Ward

Kevin whiloite

FA Taylor Mays
I think there are a number of guys who could be stars...Bowman, for sure. Both Lynch and Aldon could have banner seasons. I look for Dial to wreak some havoc at DE. The DL depth should insure we have fresh guys in a very good rotation scheme. Both Reid and Bethea have star qualities. If Brock can stay healthy, he could be a star, as could a number of the younger secondary guys, who have the talent but need the PT to emerge as impact players.
Question: If Lynch balls out (14 plus sacks), do you keep him Aldon or do you let Aldon walk and save money? I guess the likely scenerio is to cut ties with Brooks. I would love a Lynch/Aldon/ Harold rotation for our future.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Question: If Lynch balls out (14 plus sacks), do you keep him Aldon or do you let Aldon walk and save money? I guess the likely scenerio is to cut ties with Brooks. I would love a Lynch/Aldon/ Harold rotation for our future.

Don't have to worry about Lynch for a while. Aldon, we can certainly afford...Eli is excellent depth and Brooks is in the best shape of his life so it'll be up to him next year if he stays/goes but we can afford him too. We're in great shape salary cap wise.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Aldon will walk no matter what no way they pay top dollar for him.
Lynch is still under his 5th Round rookie contract

Could sign Aldon and Lynch later on
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
Bowman I'm hoping, even though I see Aldon getting a ton of double teams now

We have 34 mill in cap space. If he balls out with no run ins he gon get paid.

I agree. There's no way jew York will pay top dollar for anyone. They fired Harbaugh because he made too much money.

I agree. There's no way jew York will pay top dollar for anyone. They fired Harbaugh because he made too much money.

These trolls are hilarious!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

That could be construed as an anti-Semitic comment. Lenny Kravitz would be offended.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 17, 2015 at 1:38 PM ]
  • thl408
It's been dealt with.

If Lynch balls out with 14+ sacks, Aldon will most likely have a hand in it as he will probably draw a lot of attention when offenses slide protection towards Aldon. Aldon is a keeper. Lock him up - contractually, and in a cage so he doesn't get into trouble. I'm looking for Aldon to be the star because sacks are a sexier stat, moreso than tackles for loss (Bowman).
Originally posted by thl408:
It's been dealt with.

If Lynch balls out with 14+ sacks, Aldon will most likely have a hand in it as he will probably draw a lot of attention when offenses slide protection towards Aldon. Aldon is a keeper. Lock him up - contractually, and in a cage so he doesn't get into trouble. I'm looking for Aldon to be the star because sacks are a sexier stat, moreso than tackles for loss (Bowman).

But bo has that playmaking ability(Not that Aldon doesnt), I think both will be stars and focal points.
Share 49ersWebzone