LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

DeAndrew White

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by Lurker:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Hope he makes the team again

Yes. I still remember some of those training camp catches from last year. No one is talking about him. I hope that he does well, also. He might just need an opportunity.

Maybe this new coaching staff, coming in with fresh eyes, will shake things up as far as the WR hierarchy goes.

Ridiculously gifted with great speed and nice hands. Needs to improve significantly on his route running but I think he has as good of chance as any (other than Torrey Smith) of making the team. This new system will certainly be suited for his skillset though

Agree

Diamond in the very rough

I hope he's worked his tail off this off-season and makes the squad.
He is third years now? If he dont make a Roster or next year then we should cut him. He is waste a year or next year. Wait n see..
I think White and Dres. Think both could have some value in Chip's offense
Yes. I still remember some of those training camp catches from last year.

People got too worked up over the preseason. This dude made like two big catches against 4th stringers and people were like "Ehrmagerd!!!"

Then he went to return kicks in the regular season and kept tripping over his own feet.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yes. I still remember some of those training camp catches from last year.

People got too worked up over the preseason. This dude made like two big catches against 4th stringers and people were like "Ehrmagerd!!!"

Then he went to return kicks in the regular season and kept tripping over his own feet.

lol
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I blame instant media news and fantasy football.

Dudes trying to find the super sleeper pick in the 6th round of their fantasy draft who's going to score 8 TD's on the year no one knows about.

Every time a no name guy makes a flashy play in practice some beat writer is tweeting it. Only he wasn't allowed at the other 8 hours of practice when the kid totally sucked ass. lol

20 years ago no one even knew who was on a practice squad.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
He is third years now? If he dont make a Roster or next year then we should cut him. He is waste a year or next year. Wait n see..

He's second years now.
^^^ Lot of truth to that SoCold
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

He's second years now.

contract has signed years 3 - 2017 play he might

Put the bottle down N pay attn he is barely in his 2nd Season. Cut him some slack unlike that chump Patton this kid has potential.

Originally posted by SoCold:

He's second years now.

If produce no this year he cuts for sure.
Originally posted by SoCold:

He's second years now.

I finally figured out who BuZzB05 reminds me of. (For those that don't watch Orphan Black, this will mean nothing to you.)

[ Edited by Lobo49er on May 6, 2016 at 2:12 PM ]
I'm pretty sure there were multiple reports of sea drew white making acrobatic grabs and being a frequent target of 2nd string gabbert and Dylan Thompson. I also remember them saying he was very consistent in his routes and getting open so don't think he sucked.

What sucked is that he only got on the field for like 3 snaps and dude still had 2 catches for 18 yards.

First time on the field and Kap finds him...
I'm surprised that people aren't talking about DeAndew White more. I like what he did in camp last year. If he can keep improving it would be nice to see him be a factor.

Having said that, with the additions of Eric Rogers, Aaron Burbridge and the effective addition of DeAndre Smelter, it appears that they numbers are working against him.

Who will rise to the top?
I'm surprised that people aren't talking about DeAndew White more. I like what he did in camp last year. If he can keep improving it would be nice to see him be a factor.

Having said that, with the additions of Eric Rogers, Aaron Burbridge and the effective addition of DeAndre Smelter, it appears that they numbers are working against him.

Who will rise to the top?

Agreed. He'll have to become a dynamic returner to keep him unless he just balls out this pre season. I don't know if he ever got a fair shake last year in the regular season. But sometimes, players are much better practice players than gamers. I get that "feel" for White but we'll see. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing him compete!
Share 49ersWebzone