LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

DeAndrew White

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Sometimes I feel like I was the only one here who watches CFB...

Dude was aggressively meh in college, despite having the best WR in CFB on the other side getting double teamed every play. I'm not expecting him to make the team when all is said and done.

Yeah I dont expect anything from the "HOF undrafted class"
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

Dude was aggressively meh in college, despite having the best WR in CFB on the other side getting double teamed every play. I'm not expecting him to make the team when all is said and done.

Actually I watch every football game there is on TV... and as far as White, I think that Saban's conservativeness on offense hurt this kid.. remember that AJ McCarron was mostly doing an Alex Smith (managing) the offense... Alabama didn't become less conservative until last year under (Kiffin) and with a new QB in Simms, it didn't do much better for White..

Who woulda thought that Boldin will become a much better WR in the NFL than Peter Warrick when Boldin played a lot of QB for FSU..
Originally posted by 9moon:

Actually I watch every football game there is on TV... and as far as White, I think that Saban's conservativeness on offense hurt this kid.. remember that AJ McCarron was mostly doing an Alex Smith (managing) the offense... Alabama didn't become less conservative until last year under (Kiffin) and with a new QB in Simms, it didn't do much better for White..

Who woulda thought that Boldin will become a much better WR in the NFL than Peter Warrick when Boldin played a lot of QB for FSU..

A lot of people considering he was drafted in the second round..

Not saying it cant happen, its just very unlikely, therefore I wont expect anything but be pleasantly surprised if they do.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
so far he's been a surprise, even just for a day!!

I would agree, I just take ever thing with a grain of salt this early in the year.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Sounds like he may be an early bet (based on past history) to come down with a ":season ending" injury in training camp so they can take a look at him next year.

Yes.

WR Projection Jun 10, 2015 (53 Man Roster)

WR T.Smith / J.Simpson / D.Anderson
WR A.Boldin / Q.Patton
WR B.Ellington

IR D.Smelter / D.White

PS C.Jacobs / I.Blakeney / D.Campbell / D.Davis (1 or 2)
Originally posted by DeUh:
Yes.

WR Projection Jun 10, 2015 (53 Man Roster)

WR T.Smith / J.Simpson / D.Anderson
WR A.Boldin / Q.Patton
WR B.Ellington

IR D.Smelter / D.White

PS C.Jacobs / I.Blakeney / D.Campbell / D.Davis (1 or 2)

Is Jacobs still PS eligible
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 10, 2015 at 6:44 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Is Jacobs still PS eligible

Yes.

Practice Squad Eligibility

- A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience.
- If a player has one accrued season he can still be practice squad eligible provided he was on the 46 man active roster for less than nine regular season games.
- Thanks to the new 2014 rules a team may sign a maximum of two players to PS who have earned no more than two accrued seasons.

- A player has served one season on the practice squad if they are on the practice squad for at least six games.
- Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.
- If a player has served two seasons on the practice squad, they are eligible for a third season only if their team has 53 players on their active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jun 10, 2015 at 7:53 PM ]
.. as Jim Harbaugh once said... about Okoye..

... " God had created a beautiful man, and he is him - Okoye.. "

Lol
Sounds promising.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
.. as Jim Harbaugh once said... about Okoye..

... " God had created a beautiful man, and he is him - Okoye.. "

Lol

i picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue
Otis Amey
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
It's not going to happen, but it would be hilarious if he turned out to be better than Amari Cooper.

He's already better than AJ Jenkins.

I would agree, I just take ever thing with a grain of salt this early in the year.

Sure, I don't expect much to come of it. But I get why people are excited, I mean when is the last time we were lucky like that? How many teams have had their Wes Welker/ Tony Romo/ Arian Foster like pick up or even really late round drafted guy that everyone missed? It seems like it is never us that is for sure. Every year there is some guy that slips through the scouting system unnoticed and blows up and we haven't held that particular lottery ticket in a whole lot of years. We make a lot of hay in the middle rounds for sure...so you cant complain to much, but man I would love to have that surprise guy
All may remember how I often mentioned about the great undrafted WRs we picked up this year.. even believing that all these rookies can make the team and replaced the veterans that we have ..

So far, DeAndrew White has been the best player as reported.. all QBs that we haver had gotten very comfy with him wherever he lines up...

But the real question is, is this Kid this good and we may have found another gem, or is this a sign of how bad our secondary is at the moment??

Really good to know TY
Share 49ersWebzone