LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 352 users in the forums

DeAndrew White

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by davel:
I'll be the first to admit an extremely limited knowledge of the ins and outs of the NFL but during practice all I seem to hear is glowing reports of how well White is doing, catching passes, scoring TD's etc

but in the 2 pre-season games so far I've not noticed him at all, yes he may not be getting any reps with the starters during games but plenty of others on the roster haven't had any reps with the starters and have visually been more present in games.

Could this be a concern for his chances of making the roster, or at least having a significant role if he does make it?

He's had 32 reps all together so far with the 2's and 3's and to be fair none of the WRs have done much of anything...not sure who you referring to as far as being more productive on the offense that wasn't working with the starters? Haynes production has been mainly in STs.

I'd like to see what he can do with the 1's this week.

Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

but in the 2 pre-season games so far I've not noticed him at all, yes he may not be getting any reps with the starters during games but plenty of others on the roster haven't had any reps with the starters and have visually been more present in games.

Could this be a concern for his chances of making the roster, or at least having a significant role if he does make it?

Who are the non-starting WRs who have been more "present?" Through two games the non-starting WRs have, in total, caught six passes. You're talking three for Simpson, two for Patton, and one for White. If by "people" you just mean Simpson, he'll have no affect on White's chances of making the roster because he's sitting for the first six games anyway.

Simpson was the person I was talking about but that is also assuming the Smith, Boldon and Ellington are at the top 3 WR's so that leaves Simpson. White and Patton who I would put in that order.

So, yes Simpson's suspension will help White getting on the roster and for the opening 6 games but after that how much would a #5 WR actually play? Even a #4 for the opening 6 games.

As for Hayne both he and White have done KR and PR duty now, I will admit a bias but Hayne to me has been much more impressive in that department again throw in that Bush and Ellington haven't played and I don't see White getting many plays on kick returns.

Maybe once Kap starts throwing to White he'll re-create his practice field big plays and maybe the hype from the training camp affected my view, but after all the talk White was getting out of practice session reports watching the two games, I've been underwhelmed

But there might be things he is doing in games away from catching passes that I'm missing and it may be more on the QB or the play that he hasn't had a chance to shine.

They had 5 WRs suit up last season and White also had 18 snaps on STs the past two games,they weren't all KR duties either. He isn't making it to the PS with this many teams hurting at WR and he has value not only at WR but in ST.

Simpson isn't guaranteed a spot when he comes back either.

Honestly what WRs have stood out in the preseason for us? the passing game has been nonexistent.

Thank you FINALLY someone with actual knowledge the reason for his absence in 2 preseason games is not his ability to get open its the nonexistent play of both crappy back up QB's that prefer to dump it off to a RB or a quick out to the TE.

Once he starts to get more reps with Kap i bet the kid will shine like a bright star. Be patient ppl he is after all a rookie
[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Aug 28, 2015 at 12:26 PM ]
White made another great 50 yard play with Gabbert but the gif was too long to upload, but man Dude is great in shorts as others have noted. I really hope Tomsula does what the best Coaches do and play the dudes that are producing, more. Just like Haynes, play White on Sat. with the first team as the No.3 Wr. Also game 4 play him all day.
[ Edited by awp8912 on Aug 28, 2015 at 2:38 PM ]
He might be my favorite WR not named boldin on the team.
This guy looks very decent. Nice game tonight vs SD. Patton is in trouble.
White and Ellington looking like some underrated homies
Safe to say my boy DeAndrew White made the team the kid looks like a natural out there whether at WR or as a Punt returner. Kid look great Tonite.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Safe to say my boy DeAndrew White made the team the kid looks like a natural out there whether at WR or as a Punt returner. Kid look great Tonite.

seriously, i really like this receiver core. for this team being in a rebuild and gonna suck, they have a lot of talent that will be scooped up.
I like him, he needs a new number though
Yeah I would be happy if he pans out, not sure how I feel about not being able to find a decent WR though. Ellington looks good when healthy, Patton I'm starting to lose faith in but both were 4th rounders, and AJ sucked no doubt but let's face it none of them were gonna beat out Crabs and Boldin regardless.

I like the smelter pick as well if he comes back 100% he could be a real steal! for once I like that we actually have some diversity at the WR spot
To me it doesn't matter how we get. FA or draft. I think Crabtree is overrated. Ellington looks better than crabtree. He just has to stay healthy to prove it.

Patton is going to make the team, but he might get cut once Simpson gets back. No sense rushing back Smelter unless we suffer serious injuries. Also let White learn the offense and get stronger while giving him a few reps if games allow. Patton's chances are drying up fast.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

This. Kid was on point out there tonight

White did look great
Originally posted by WildBill:
Yeah I would be happy if he pans out, not sure how I feel about not being able to find a decent WR though. Ellington looks good when healthy, Patton I'm starting to lose faith in but both were 4th rounders, and AJ sucked no doubt but let's face it none of them were gonna beat out Crabs and Boldin regardless.

I like the smelter pick as well if he comes back 100% he could be a real steal! for once I like that we actually have some diversity at the WR spot
To me it doesn't matter how we get. FA or draft. I think Crabtree is overrated. Ellington looks better than crabtree. He just has to stay healthy to prove it.

Patton is going to make the team, but he might get cut once Simpson gets back. No sense rushing back Smelter unless we suffer serious injuries. Also let White learn the offense and get stronger while giving him a few reps if games allow. Patton's chances are drying up fast.

Sorry dude Crabtree is easily better then both Ellington and Patton. Ellington is faster though.
Barring injury Crabtree should get 1000 yards easy in that offense in Oak
Originally posted by Constantine:
White did look great

Agreed. I hope, White will beat out Ellington someday or few years.. White was undraft cuz doesn't matter if he is show his skillful to playing it. Let's see what happen the games. Go White.
Originally posted by WildBill:

crabs and Ellington are two totally different players hard to compare. I thought Crabtree was coming into his own before his injury I think we can both agree on that.

I like th WR squad for once we have a ton of young talent mixed in with some very good vets..I don't see much from Simpson in the future unless all of our younger players bomb in the first 6 games.
I think that's what I don't understand . Is Simpson that much of an upgrade over patent for Ellington or even Deandra white flat matter . In less the difference between them is going to be 40 to 50 catches and 700 yards I don't see the reason for keeping him on the team . Just having a real like Brandon Lloyd last year is only going to prevent the youngsters from getting more experience for the young career.
Share 49ersWebzone