There are 199 users in the forums

DeAndrew White

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by SoCold:
All may remember how I often mentioned about the great undrafted WRs we picked up this year.. even believing that all these rookies can make the team and replaced the veterans that we have ..

So far, DeAndrew White has been the best player as reported.. all QBs that we haver had gotten very comfy with him wherever he lines up...

But the real question is, is this Kid this good and we may have found another gem, or is this a sign of how bad our secondary is at the moment??

All this tells me is this kid who is giving 100% effort and is making plays when given the chance looks better than expected. A guy like Boldin who's at the end of his career isn't going to be running routes at 100% in the first mini camp killing himself.

To call an undrafted rookie the best player on the field is silly after one day of mini camp.

Maybe we should make a thread for all 8 tight ends also.

there will always be THAT best player on the field on a daily basis... it's just surprising that it's a rookie..

again, the point he is that whether or not he's really making GREAT plays, or is this a sign of having a BAD secondary???

The point should be. We don't care because he will be lucky to make the PS.
there will always be THAT best player on the field on a daily basis... it's just surprising that it's a rookie..

again, the point he is that whether or not he's really making GREAT plays, or is this a sign of having a BAD secondary???

Well considering they haven't played in pads and there is no contact allowed really it would be hard to say the secondary is bad. If a receiver goes over the middle it's not like the defense can lay him out. Also just because a receiver is making catches it Doesn't mean the offense is scoring on the defense.
Always like to hear good things about rookies...he'd better learn ST if he wants to stick on the 53 man roster though. I read he has some real speed (4.34 at his pro-day) so that's a plus for sure!

Love all the speed Baalke brought in this off season it's about damn time lol
It's not going to happen, but it would be hilarious if he turned out to be better than Amari Cooper.
It's freakn mini camp!!! Patton, Ellington, Chuck Jacobs, etc. have all made plays during mini camps and OTAs, this year and past years. It seems like every practice there is a positive report about a rookie, which happens this time every year. Love the positive reports but I will reserve judgement until the pads go on. I do hope this coaching staff gets the younger skill position players more time with Kap during preseason games. I don't however think a young WRs good day is an indictment against anyone in our secondary. That's ridiculous IMO. Anderson, White and Patton have all looked good at times this off season. Hopefully they keep it up when the pads go on. I'm interested to see what Blakeney can do at 6'6 in the red zone. Imagine having him team up with Bell at TE in the red zone. That would be some serious size. Hopefully Geep can get creative and try some stuff out in the preseason. I know you don't want to give anything away but I'd like to see a little bit of the red zone issues cleaned up before the season starts. Last year we had trouble from the preseason through the end of the year. Getting back to the young WRs Anderson, Blakeney, White and Davis are all very intriguing prospects that will all I'm sure have good days because they all bring something a little different.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
I don´t buy the hype coming out of OTA´s.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 31, 2015 at 4:27 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I remember watching White before the injury, and I thought that he reminded me of a Randall Cobb... I think he even returned KO at one time prior to injury...

that corner TD catch agains LSU was something special...
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
It's freakn mini camp!!! Patton, Ellington, Chuck Jacobs, etc. have all made plays during mini camps and OTAs, this year and past years. It seems like every practice there is a positive report about a rookie, which happens this time every year. Love the positive reports but I will reserve judgement until the pads go on. I do hope this coaching staff gets the younger skill position players more time with Kap during preseason games. I don't however think a young WRs good day is an indictment against anyone in our secondary. That's ridiculous IMO. Anderson, White and Patton have all looked good at times this off season. Hopefully they keep it up when the pads go on. I'm interested to see what Blakeney can do at 6'6 in the red zone. Imagine having him team up with Bell at TE in the red zone. That would be some serious size. Hopefully Geep can get creative and try some stuff out in the preseason. I know you don't want to give anything away but I'd like to see a little bit of the red zone issues cleaned up before the season starts. Last year we had trouble from the preseason through the end of the year. Getting back to the young WRs Anderson, Blakeney, White and Davis are all very intriguing prospects that will all I'm sure have good days because they all bring something a little different.

Like your posts.

Please break them into smaller paragraphs for easier reading.

Thanks
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Kid is just freakin amazing!!!!

I'm just pissed that we didn't give more playing time to both Patton and Ellington due to a waste of time Lloyd's signing.. Smelter and this 4 rookie WRs can really have be the future of this team...

The FA - Five!!! (Anderson, Blakeney, White, Davis and the only drafted one in Smelter)
Kid is just freakin amazing!!!!

I'm just pissed that we didn't give more playing time to both Patton and Ellington due to a waste of time Lloyd's signing.. Smelter and this 4 rookie WRs can really have be the future of this team...

The FA - Five!!! (Anderson, Blakeney, White, Davis and the only drafted one in Smelter)

I wouldnt get attached to most of them. Theres good reason why all those guys went undrafted. Anderson and White are both legit pro prospects but had injury issues.

The rest are either extremely raw as receivers or have questions about their ability to create separation and perform at the next level. I could see Blakeney or Davis hanging around on the practice squad.

My prediction is that Anderson goes in over White due to his ability to be a credible deep threat even if White is a more well rounded receiver.

Don't know if this is a "i told you so" thread or a legit DeAndrew White thread.
Hopeful about DW based on the early Mini Camp reports, but being realistic. Sounds like he may be an early bet (based on past history) to come down with a ":season ending" injury in training camp so they can take a look at him next year.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Hopeful about DW based on the early Mini Camp reports, but being realistic. Sounds like he may be an early bet (based on past history) to come down with a ":season ending" injury in training camp so they can take a look at him next year.

Judging by his recent history, the odds are that they wouldn't have to embellish the injury either. He's simply been ravaged by injuries.
So what happened with dres anderson.
Sometimes I feel like I was the only one here who watches CFB...

Dude was aggressively meh in college, despite having the best WR in CFB on the other side getting double teamed every play. I'm not expecting him to make the team when all is said and done.
Share 49ersWebzone