LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

DeAndrew White

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
All may remember how I often mentioned about the great undrafted WRs we picked up this year.. even believing that all these rookies can make the team and replaced the veterans that we have ..

So far, DeAndrew White has been the best player as reported.. all QBs that we haver had gotten very comfy with him wherever he lines up...

But the real question is, is this Kid this good and we may have found another gem, or is this a sign of how bad our secondary is at the moment??
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
All may remember how I often mentioned about the great undrafted WRs we picked up this year.. even believing that all these rookies can make the team and replaced the veterans that we have ..

So far, DeAndrew White has been the best player as reported.. all QBs that we haver had gotten very comfy with him wherever he lines up...

But the real question is, is this Kid this good and we may have found another gem, or is this a sign of how bad our secondary is at the moment??
will see as things move along and will see what he does in pre season, due to the fact we have two solid starters who need little work or abuse in pre season, kids like white will get alot of time. its a nice story and its nice to see kids taking advantage of a opportunity but i do not read much into it on june10th.. just something nice to keep track of as we go
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

next Jerry Rice for sure
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

next Jerry Rice for sure
my god do you think he and okoye could be the cornerstones for our team moving forward?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:

next Jerry Rice for sure
my god do you think he and okoye could be the cornerstones for our team moving forward?

Okoye is next level type of dude, a modern day Jim Thorpe.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
.. as Jim Harbaugh once said... about Okoye..

... " God had created a beautiful man, and he is him - Okoye.. "
So far I'm hearing great things about the kids hope he make the team
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

All this tells me is this kid who is giving 100% effort and is making plays when given the chance looks better than expected. A guy like Boldin who's at the end of his career isn't going to be running routes at 100% in the first mini camp killing himself.

To call an undrafted rookie the best player on the field is silly after one day of mini camp.

Maybe we should make a thread for all 8 tight ends also.
We all just wait around for your prophetic oratory session
  • 909er
  • Veteran
Okoye is next level type of dude, a modern day Jim Thorpe.

Getting compared to my great uncle! Nice

Kaep won't have time to throw the ball so it won't matter
Never saw this guy play. Who would you guys compare him to? Is he a posession wr mainly?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:

All this tells me is this kid who is giving 100% effort and is making plays when given the chance looks better than expected. A guy like Boldin who's at the end of his career isn't going to be running routes at 100% in the first mini camp killing himself.

To call an undrafted rookie the best player on the field is silly after one day of mini camp.

Maybe we should make a thread for all 8 tight ends also.

there will always be THAT best player on the field on a daily basis... it's just surprising that it's a rookie..

again, the point he is that whether or not he's really making GREAT plays, or is this a sign of having a BAD secondary???
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Never saw this guy play. Who would you guys compare him to? Is he a posession wr mainly?

Tore his ACL and got lost in the shuffle at Alabama. Pretty good speed overall, has experience returning the ball too. If I had to compare him to someone on the roster, it would be Patton as White is also a very smooth route runner, doesnt lose much when going into his cuts, very good agility too.

Realistically I feel as if the battle for the 6th WR spot is between him and Anderson unless Simpson just completely fizzles out for some reason. Anderson is a pure vertical threat while White is more of a tweener, an intermediate receiver.

I see the rest of the WR UDFA's as gunning for spots on the practice squad.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 10, 2015 at 12:17 PM ]
or is this a sign of having a BAD secondary???

Considering that they are playing the most vanilla of schemes right now, I would say no.
Share 49ersWebzone