LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Anyone Else Hate The Media?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm getting real close to not clicking on any article regarding the 49ers unless it's by Niners Nation or the Webzone itself. Wether it's a former player turned analyst like Chris Canty saying best case scenario this season for the 49ers is to get the top pick in the draft or it's a local media member like Eric Branch twisting a player's words to make his article sound more dramatic it just seems like it's open season on the 49ers. We were 8-8 last season not 1-16 and we coulda shoulda woulda had at least 3 more wins, even with the craziness. Kap goes from one of the best young QBs the league has seen to a "remedial" QB who can't read a defense and only wants to run after his first read isn't there. Nobody talks about the 300 yard SB performance and playoff wins after one down season, it's like he was never there. According to some of our local writers he's a lost cause. It's so funny to me how the media acts like Harbaugh was the only reason for success when they hated giving him any credit when he was our HC.

I know it doesn't matter what anyone thinks but the 53 guys in that locker room come week 1 but there just seems to be an inordinate amount of hate for my team. We got criticized for keeping McDonald on the team last year then got criticized for releasing him. Every player that retires is because of the front office and not because they made a personal life choice. Every player we took In the draft is a reach and Jim Tomsula and the new coaching staff is a joke. I like the way he has run the OTAs and his reasoning for not pushing and playing certain players until training camp. I also like the pace he has set in practice and the way he has rotated players in an out of different positions and installed a fix it period at the end of practice, all things the old coaching staff by all accounts may not have been doing or pushing. The attendance this off season was excellent. It's not much to go on because he is a first time HC but I would rather judge his progress off of those things than what he looked like during his first presser.

The building seems to have a more positive vibe and the players seem rejuvenated but that's what every team says this time of year right? When it's something that isn't looked at in a positive light stories are all about how negatively it's going to effect our season but when something positive happens are the stories about how it may contribute to a winning season? Nope, it's still the off season and every team says good positive things this time of year. What a joke. One of the really irritating parts is if you read the blogs and people's posts they are like recycled media articles repeating the same things they have read. Personally I am excited for this season and the infusion of youth on the roster. Kap realized his shortcomings and is trying to improve himself and just the fact he realized that he needed to be coached up this off season was IMO huge by itself. He's had a lot of success early and it would have been very easy to chalk last year up to a bad season by everybody and continue to do the same things he's done to this point. I like Mangini running the D and love Logan as our new QB coach. I have always liked Clancy Penderghast and even though I'm not sure about Chryst I won't judge him off his stint in SD because his talent was horrible. He was a hot coach as recently as 2013 and would have been Roman's successor if he would have left and Harbaugh was still here. I like our WRs coaches and Rathman is still here. We lost some great Niners but most were past their prime or overpaid by other teams and we didn't win with them. Speaking of the roster a lot of media and fans act like Baalke wasn't one of the factors for the team's success but Harbaugh magically transformed them into winners and won despite Baalke. That's just stupid.

I just think people are taking shots at the 49ers because it's the thing to do. I get the fan hate from other teams because people hate teams that are more successful than theirs. What I don't get is the hate from a lot of our own fans and the hate from the media and former players now turned analysts. It's always something negative on TV or on the internet. Give this thing a chance we weren't getting better we were getting worse, I don't understand why that is a mystery to people. Every year in every sport there are teams that make the media look like idiots and I am sure the 49ers will be one of those teams this year. What makes me sick though is the same media people and fans bashing the team now will only lightly gloss over how wrong they were when the Niners win this year. I've stopped reading Lowell Cohn and his idiot son, Tim Kamakazi, Ann Killion and Florio. I've stopped watching the NFL Network and Pro Football Talk because everything is about the Pats, Hawks, Giants and Cowboys and when there is a Niners story it's not good or an opinion on how bad they may be. They don't have faith in Kap but think Carson Palmer and Nick Foles are something special? I'd rather have Kap than both of them and he has won more than either of them. I know I'm being defensive because it's human nature to protect something you love when everyone gangs up on someone or something but IMO it's been overkill this off season. If anyone else feels this way let me know. I just needed to blow off some steam because although the Branch article wasn't that bad it was just another example of in Eric Reid's words someone creating drama for clicks at the expense of my team.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
I'm sure reality falls somewhere in between what the media says and what team insiders are trying to present as a happy face. But most of the time where there's smoke, there's fire. The team insider's are sure not helping by continuing to leak info like the, "Harbaugh's such an ass that he told Jed he wasn't a man enough to attend a team meeting" crap. Funniest thing I've heard in a while, but just something else that adds to the drama. There's just no need for it.

If the owner made the decision he thought was best for him & the team, then stand by it. Trying to justify it all the time doesn't help the team.
Nope because if the headline sounds negative, I don't click. Why feed them trolls?
Yes ...because I'd rather look through rose colored glasses while sipping kool aid here in the webzone
Yes, I don't pay attention to the national media anymore. I stopped watching ESPN 10+ years ago. It isn't about sports reporting or journalism anymore. It's all about sensationalism, advertising money, clickbating and riling people up.

Guys like Stephen A. Smith, Woody Paige, Skip Bayless... all of them are insufferable. They do not even attempt to be legitimate reporters. They just say the most controversial things they and their producers can think of to get a rise out of people. Same thing with the internet. Look at Pro Football Talk and Mike Florio. Florio has ruffled the feathers of thousands of Webzone posters. Tim Kawakami has a similar strategy.

I've come to rely on message boards for news and discussion. The good boards (like the Webzone) have very knowledgeable posters capable of intelligent discussion. You'll never find that with the national media. We have the internet, we can get all news and transactions seconds after it happens. 20 years ago we were dependent on the national media for stuff like that... the internet has obviated the need for it. Watching ESPN (et al.) is optional now. Aside from live sports broadcasts, I can't think of a single compelling reason to watch it anymore. Ignore it and you'll be happier.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Jun 10, 2015 at 7:54 AM ]
Hate the media? Not really. It's more-so that I am disgusted by the corporate media machine. Maybe there are individual journalists or small time news outlets that still have integrity, but the mainstream media as a whole has long since lost all credibility. These days it is designed to keep the people uninformed on what actually matters and highly informed on s**t that doesn't matter what-so-ever.
f**k all the haters and doubters! We're going to prove everyone wrong this season
Damn yall its just entertainment........god gave you a brain to cut through the BS and the spin. Read it laugh and
[ Edited by Allx9er on Jun 10, 2015 at 8:17 AM ]
True! Everybody has us in the gutter now. Season needs to hurry up and start and then we'll see exactly how our 'new" team performs.

National Media is an absolute waste of time. KFFC is the worst of all...national media is just clueless b/c they are so far removed from reality. KFFC's goal is to create click-bait by using anti-49er headlines to draw in the brainless.

If you want to read something legit and objective and with some commentary based on real experiences with the team, go with MB (my favorite), MM and Inman. That's about it. Every once in a while a worthwhile article will come from another source but it's rare.
Originally posted by 16to87:
Yes ...because I'd rather look through rose colored glasses while sipping kool aid here in the webzone

And they fit your agenda.
1) just as they are slanting to the negative side, you are slanting to the homer overly positive side. not saying theres anything wrong with a positive hopeful attitude, its just that the real truth is somewhere in the middle.

2) we were 8-8 last year, like you try to tack on a few more wins, i could tack on a few more losses, redskins game, saints game, giants game, chiefs game. a lot of ppl like to say we should have won the oakland game, but we lost that by 11 points. all of the game i listed we won by fewer than 6 points. you cant just add wins without realizing how many we got fortunate in aswell. bottom line is it was a mediocre 8 win team.

3) theres been a lot of turnover with coaches and players. some guys it was their time to go and some we will really miss. but looking at the big picture, even if some of the new guys step, we cant just assume they all will and every spot will be upgraded on. or that everyone will remain relatively healthy. or that the new coaches will be on their p's and q's all season. theres so many variables that have to fall in place just for this team to be a 11-12 win team. can it happen? yes it can. is it likely? IMO no it isnt.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
f**k all the haters and doubters! We're going to prove everyone wrong this season

YES!
No and yes... remember the NFL midia are retired players who have insight bc they where players.
Share 49ersWebzone