LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

Where do you stand on Alex Boone?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Where do you stand on Alex Boone?

If hes our best option at guard or RT then he deserves a raise, if he loses at RT or guard then, well, sounds pretty obvious to me.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Jun 9, 2015 at 7:14 AM ]
thank God we have Pears as well. Gives us decent depth at RT with the rookie
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
If hes our best option at guard or RT then he deserves a raise, if he loses at RT or guard then, well, sounds pretty obvious to me.

I'm in agreement. It wasn't too long ago when many on this board felt moving Boone to tackle and Davis to guard was a worth a try. If Boone is does a good job, he should get what he feels is fare by mid season.
Right now I stand on a fence...if Boone shows up today, man's up, has his agent work with the FO and is immediately hitting the books and studying and starts to play and become a very good ZBS RT, then he'll earn my respect. If he doesn't show up today, drags on a contract extension, etc. I'd send him a ticket to Davis and Borland's house to play Madden all day and tweet.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Right now I stand on a fence...if Boone shows up today, man's up, has his agent work with the FO and is immediately hitting the books and studying and starts to play and become a very good ZBS RT, then he'll earn my respect. If he doesn't show up today, drags on a contract extension, etc. I'd send him a ticket to Davis and Borland's house to play Madden all day and tweet.
LOL i think this is correct, obviously if Boone wins the job then we want him to stay, but if he comes in with an attitude, plays like crap etc etc, then the boot.
I thought this was a settled issue
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
About 5'10"
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Even if he proves he can play right tackle, I would never trust this guy with a contract. Imagine if he became an elite RT? He'd claim he out played his contract and hold us hostage. No thanks. Cant trust him.

I'd pay Aldon an all guaranteed mega contract before I'd pay Boone.

You're making it sound like he was completely unreasonable. Dude was making like $1.5mil a season and was regarded as one of the best guards in the league for 2 straight years. He's still only making a little over $3mil. a year even after his holdout. It's not like he held the team hostage until he got $10mil/yr.. We signed Eric Pears for basically the same amount Boone is making this year, and Pears has been terrible.
I try not to stand on him. We don't need any more holes on our O line.
Simple - If he produces then pay him.

If he doesn't produce - say bye!

IMO, he's a high caliber player. Versatile and tough.

Share 49ersWebzone