LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

What Is Going On?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Is Going On?

Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN 9m9 minutes ago

Despite all the change for #49ers, I can tell u that in the building, they are much more optimistic. Maybe THE most fascinating team for'15.

RETWEETS17FAVORITES18
3:09 PM - 5 Jun 2015 · Details

Think this has anything to do with the players being just as frustrated as the fans of the dumb coaching. We led the league in dumb strategy and play calls. For as good as Harbaugh was, he was just as bad. The play clock crap was a joke.
Originally posted by Constantine:
I knew it since P. Willis retired... that man loves football and personially I got bashed when I said it was bc Fangio left. All the tweets and articles are light covered. Players are trained not no bash the team that paid them... its a profession. Jim H. Leaving was a pebble on a huge rock slide.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Think this has anything to do with the players being just as frustrated as the fans of the dumb coaching. We led the league in dumb strategy and play calls. For as good as Harbaugh was, he was just as bad. The play clock crap was a joke.

I think if Jim H. Wouldve let go of Roman, it wouldve turned around... Pride in the coaches and office killed us... and who cares if a few players didnt like thier coach, I didnt always when I played ball... but when a coach like Jim brings winning back with Baalke... unreplaceable
[ Edited by Constantine on Jun 8, 2015 at 5:04 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Willis and Justin Smith were high profile.

Borland and Davis were NOT high-profile. This is the problem with spin vs fact.

no. All Pro right tackle and Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate retiring is pretty high profile. McCray retiring and Bykowski retiring is pretty low profile. Nobody would care about that.
Originally posted by x--OoO--x:
Well, AD isn't "tight lip" guy. Give him 2 weeks and were are all going to find out WTF is going on in SF.. I love that people think it's them making it to far in the playoffs,.,. Hahsha GTFO WITH THAT HOMER b******t,. The wool will be pulled back for all of us soon.,. AD WONT BE ABLE TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT,. I expect Boone will be chiming in soon,, get your popcorn ready.

You mean get your spell and grammar check ready?
I will say this, the offseason has been exciting! I check the zone daily to what insane s**t will happen next!
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
no. All Pro right tackle and Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate retiring is pretty high profile. McCray retiring and Bykowski retiring is pretty low profile. Nobody would care about that.

Bykowski got sniped by the Vikings...could have used him now perhaps.
I would have thought the hosts of the next Super bowl would have taken steps to ensure a contending team. Guess there is still time, but roster looks absolutely dreadful right now. Egos from the FO doomed this team.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Agree with you Jogr...

and it would take a Cinderella Season to get our 6th ring..
Originally posted by jogr49:
Maybe I have not followed enough, but where else in the league is there a mass exodus like Niners? It has to be more than bad luck.

Glad I made the trip out to see new stadium last year. This season really going to hurt watching.

If you are talking max exodus because of both free agency and injuries and coaching then none. Still it is all timing. Free agency it is to be expected. We have let others go that have ended up with the player sucking for the most part and we ended up replacing them with someone just as good if not better and for less cost also.

Coaches are always let go, its just that very rarely successful ones are, but even if JH was retained, I really doubt that would have any affect on the player. As for the injuries that caused them to retire, Justin was obvious. Willis had signs, but just thought that he would recover, if he was in his 10th year it would have been not as shocking. It is just that as great a player as he is, we view him as superman, another average player would not shock us, but the last 2 years, he has been getting more injuries than he should and we just ignored the signs. Davis was the only one I did not see coming.

Borland-well some guys know what is important to them, money and fame means nothing. We as fans live only for the team, we don't really care for what happens to them. When we here certain things, we may go awe, so sad. the players see other players and are better informed and a lot of them have something to fall back on. Others who cling to making a team -some just love the game others know they know nothing else.
too hot in santa clara

Pile on the doubts and hate.
Its in these moments for any franchise that we find which players are truly committed. I want to see this team come back with some fire and attitude. (that was absent all last season). Where are the B.A. players we used to have on this team?
Wheres the pride? What happened to being labeled a bunch of bullies?

The good thing about all this stuff that is going on, is that we get to see what happens to our guys when their character is TRULY tested.
Ex. I had my doubts about Vernon come this offseason, and to be quite honest I am surprised that he hasn't demanded a trade or retired (he still could). I'm hoping he stays around because he feels he still has something left to prove and I am hoping our whole franchise feels that way.

Back is almost up against the wall guys, lets see what this team is made of.
[ Edited by Quest4six on Jun 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM ]
Originally posted by jogr49:
I would have thought the hosts of the next Super bowl would have taken steps to ensure a contending team. Guess there is still time, but roster looks absolutely dreadful right now. Egos from the FO doomed this team.

Maybe you should look again. The roster looks fine. Too many young players who were not being given any playing time, but the new regime will sort that out I imagine.
Share 49ersWebzone